Used 2011 Kia Forte Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

KIa Forte 5 EX 2011
By alfa0

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have Kia Forte 5 for 1 months, I loved hatchbacks before I had VW Golf so I wanted to try Kia.... I didn't read the reviews before I got my car. It is rough car. Every time I get in to not even surface it seems to me that car is going to break down cause of rough and noise inside. Poor gas saving. I like those toys inside for standard trim and fun to drive. If I knew that this car is so rough I'd never buy it.

poor gas mileage
By lucymo

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned it for a month. It has 20K miles on it. So far, it does 19 mpg 50/50 mixed. I am very disappointed in this. My other cars (a CUV and a wagon) give me 22 mpg/city!!!!

A good car, but not a great one
By forte5

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Forte 5 SX with manual for about 29k miles. It has been completely reliable. I find it spacious, get 30mpg with suburban driving, it's very quick, and the controls are easy to use. Negatives are a rough around town ride that smooths out on the highway, it can be noisy on rough road surfaces, the throttle it too light and aggressive - making it hard to drive smoothly.

The Bluetooth works well. While the engine is noise at high revs, it has a lot of torque, so you really don't need to rev it. I like the looks, especially the 17" alloys and the rear view.

Better road noise insulation. Make the throttle less aggressive and add some heft to it. It's hard to shift when cold. Soften the springs a bit and increase the dampening.

An car for people who have never driven a honda
By bytes220

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car is a Kia forte SX hatchback. First let me start off by saying that if you're considering this car, Only buy it if you can get it with the six speed manual. The 2.4liter engine is completely unsuited for the 6 speed automatic. All the shift points are wrong meaning that you end up with a car that is 1.5 seconds slower to 60 than the manual and sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. My previous car was a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L with a manual 5 speed transmission. This car had an engine that had less horsepower and torque than the Kia and was quite a bit heavier and larger but it was substantially quicker and got 35% better gas mileage than the Kia. The Honda also handled better.

Bluetooth, and MP3 connectivity. Fold flat rear seats

Where do I start? BRING BACK THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION - the car sucks without it. START USING SOME OF HYUNDAI'S NEW ENGINES - you know the ones that are supposed to do better then 20 mpg in mixed driving and don't scream every time you ask for a little bit of power. Use auto transmissions that are actually properly mated to the engines so as not to down and up shift at all the wrong times. Put seats in that don't hurt your back after 40min in the drivers seat

Outstanding Value - Fun To Drive - Safety No. One
By btatr

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our priorities ar safety, comfort, fuel efficiency, and the fun to drive quality. We bought a KIA 5 Door SX and love it! We think it's tons of fun to and the price was very reasonable. If that isn't enough, the warranty is fantastic. The Forte has a vast array of safety features such as Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, etc. The silky smooth, powerful 2.4 Liter Engine in the SX model packs plenty of power and is far superior to the 2.0 Liter version in the EX model. Every day we can't wait to drive this car. Compare it with the 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback and see which one you prefer.

Powerful, smooth 2.4 Liter Engine in the SX Model. Lots of storage room. It is 19.2 cu feet with the rear seats up and much larger with them folded flat. A wide array of safety features that bring peace of mind. It had every safety component we wanted in a family car. The SX Hatchback looks fantastic! The 6 speaker sound system and Sirrius-XM radio is a winner. It has very good but not great fuel economy. The outstanding 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranties sealed the deal.

1. Add an interior hatchback release. 2. Replace the Goodyear Tires with Michelins.