2011 Kia Forte Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
KIa Forte 5 EX 2011
By alfa0 on 04/16/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have Kia Forte 5 for 1 months, I loved hatchbacks before I had VW Golf so I wanted to try Kia.... I didn't read the reviews before I got my car. It is rough car. Every time I get in to not even surface it seems to me that car is going to break down cause of rough and noise inside. Poor gas saving. I like those toys inside for standard trim and fun to drive. If I knew that this car is so rough I'd never buy it.

poor gas mileage
By lucymo on 08/06/12 18:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned it for a month. It has 20K miles on it. So far, it does 19 mpg 50/50 mixed. I am very disappointed in this. My other cars (a CUV and a wagon) give me 22 mpg/city!!!!

A good car, but not a great one
By forte5 on 12/17/11 07:28 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Forte 5 SX with manual for about 29k miles. It has been completely reliable. I find it spacious, get 30mpg with suburban driving, it's very quick, and the controls are easy to use. Negatives are a rough around town ride that smooths out on the highway, it can be noisy on rough road surfaces, the throttle it too light and aggressive - making it hard to drive smoothly.

An car for people who have never driven a honda
By bytes220 on 09/28/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car is a Kia forte SX hatchback. First let me start off by saying that if you're considering this car, Only buy it if you can get it with the six speed manual. The 2.4liter engine is completely unsuited for the 6 speed automatic. All the shift points are wrong meaning that you end up with a car that is 1.5 seconds slower to 60 than the manual and sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. My previous car was a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L with a manual 5 speed transmission. This car had an engine that had less horsepower and torque than the Kia and was quite a bit heavier and larger but it was substantially quicker and got 35% better gas mileage than the Kia. The Honda also handled better.

Outstanding Value - Fun To Drive - Safety No. One
By btatr on 05/07/11 07:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our priorities ar safety, comfort, fuel efficiency, and the fun to drive quality. We bought a KIA 5 Door SX and love it! We think it's tons of fun to and the price was very reasonable. If that isn't enough, the warranty is fantastic. The Forte has a vast array of safety features such as Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, etc. The silky smooth, powerful 2.4 Liter Engine in the SX model packs plenty of power and is far superior to the 2.0 Liter version in the EX model. Every day we can't wait to drive this car. Compare it with the 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback and see which one you prefer.

first 500 miles
By walt35 on 04/13/11 06:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my three year old PT Cruiser... which I would have kept if it had not gotten such awful fuel enonomy.. So I wanted another hatch back. The seating position of the Forte is like a race car .. I have to get used to that and the smaller wheel.. but handling is precise and very fun.. The Korean tires are made with nylon rather than polyester which I think causes too firm a ride at times.. They otherwise handle just fine.. I had to pay a guy to put on painted body side mouldings.. KIA does not offer factory body side mouldings.. that was a small pain ... first tank of gas with mixed driving was 27.. that's good... Overall quite happy so far.

2011 Forte review
By txriverrat on 03/12/11 07:38 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We went into the Kia dealership to purchase a Kia !Soul for my husband and walked out with two cars, a !Soul and a Forte. I was happy to trade in a Mazda3 that never lived up to my expectations. The Forte is my perfect car - it's fun to drive, lots of pep!, stylish, and bluetooth is awesome. I plan to drive this car a very long time. The gas mileage isn't as good as I thought but on the other hand, I drive in city stop and go traffic, 15 miles to work and I'm happy with 23 mpg. Don't change a thing about this car - Kia Forte is a homerun!

Forte SX hatch vs. Mazda 3 or Elantra Touring
By rb7385899 on 02/22/11 09:31 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We already have an 09 elantra touring. The Kia is a step up (173 hp, 6 speed auto) and better styled. We cross shopped it against the Mazda 3 (too little rear seat room) and Subaru Forrester (noisy, handles worse). After about 1,000 miles i'm pretty satisifed with the Kia. Returning about 26 mpg on my commute, and is fully loaded (leather, sunroof, power everything for $21K and change). Much peppier than the elantra, which I still love anyway.

Minor glitches, not getting MPG advertised
By sschultz on 02/12/11 05:26 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Kia Forte 5-door four weeks ago and already need to head into the shop. The clock quit working on a drive the other day, the key fab control for the hatch isn't functioning and the power outlet casing comes out when I try to remove my ipod charger. Relatively minor things - but it is a new car. Averaging 30MPG (not included in the trip computer, but a manual calculation) driving 60 miles highway every day. I'm not an inefficient driver so unclear on when I'm going to start getting 34MPG. Overall it's a fun car to drive but have concerns about the build quality and reliability of electronic components specifically.

Wonderfully, Disappointing
By juego on 02/05/11 21:59 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I would look at Mazda 5 again, but the Kia value as a 2.0 liter hatchback with the long warranties, roadside assistance, and all the standard features, likes Bluetooth, satellite radio, and safety equipment is hard to beat. Speaking about safety, I keep getting cruiser and volume controls mix up on the steering wheel. Hopefully, I will differentiate them before itÂ’s too late.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Forte Hatchback in VA is:

$129 per month*