Used 2011 Kia Forte LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Low Priced Car--Great Value, great MPG
By rogern1967

2011 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have logged 34k miles with no reliability issues whatsoever. I am nearly 6ft tall, 220lbs, and feel very comfortable in this smallish car. I find it notably more spacious in the footwell than both the Focus and Mazda3 I recently rented on biz trips. I am very partial to manual transmissions, and chose this car for that reason. Clutch action is very predictable, and gear changes are positive. Though this car is not exactly fast, the transmission adds great fun to driving, and I recommend a manual for all people who enjoy driving as I do. I average about 33mpg in mixed driving, 37+ on sustained freeway trips.

I like exterior styling, shoulder and knee/leg room, good clutch/manual transmission, Bluetooth enabled audio, good visibility, comfortable seat. I do my own service work, and I have found the engine oil filter and air filter very easy to access. Brakes are also easily inspected.

The upholstery is not very stain resistant, nor is the carpeting (floor covering actually) of high quality. This is a base model car, and I mostly expected this. Lastly, engine is a tad noisy (valve tappets) when cold, but that goes away when warmed up.

• SUV