2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
KIa Forte 5 EX 2011
By alfa0 on 04/16/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have Kia Forte 5 for 1 months, I loved hatchbacks before I had VW Golf so I wanted to try Kia.... I didn't read the reviews before I got my car. It is rough car. Every time I get in to not even surface it seems to me that car is going to break down cause of rough and noise inside. Poor gas saving. I like those toys inside for standard trim and fun to drive. If I knew that this car is so rough I'd never buy it.

Low Priced Car--Great Value, great MPG
By rogern1967 on 11/30/12 11:46 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have logged 34k miles with no reliability issues whatsoever. I am nearly 6ft tall, 220lbs, and feel very comfortable in this smallish car. I find it notably more spacious in the footwell than both the Focus and Mazda3 I recently rented on biz trips. I am very partial to manual transmissions, and chose this car for that reason. Clutch action is very predictable, and gear changes are positive. Though this car is not exactly fast, the transmission adds great fun to driving, and I recommend a manual for all people who enjoy driving as I do. I average about 33mpg in mixed driving, 37+ on sustained freeway trips.

poor gas mileage
By lucymo on 08/06/12 18:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned it for a month. It has 20K miles on it. So far, it does 19 mpg 50/50 mixed. I am very disappointed in this. My other cars (a CUV and a wagon) give me 22 mpg/city!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this car!
By ch3ri72 on 05/27/12 19:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My husband I just bought this car a week ago and it has been the best decision we have made in a long time. The dealer we use has also helped with making it a great experience, but the car sold itself. Even tho it was used, you would never know. The handling, dependability, and overall car is great.

LOVE my New Car
By waters3 on 04/23/12 11:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2011 Kia Forte. I didn't want a new car Note so I decided to get a used vehicle... I Love my Vehicle. It is the first time I have driven a small vehicle in a very long time... My previous vehicle was a durango. I am getting use to the smaller size but the ride is ok, I love the interior design. I love the gas milage.

Forte in PA...
By nepaforte on 03/21/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a 2010 Forte Koup SX on a great deal. Brand new on the lot with the two features I wanted (Moonroof and auto-dim mirror) for $16,500! Driving on Northeastern PA roads does put this car at a disadvantage: Between too stiff of a ride and 45 profile tires, you REALLY feel everything. Also had the misfortune of busting two tires within a month on the area's wonderful roads... That aside, it handles like a dream, has fun acceleration, is one of the best looking sub-20k cars on the road, and the accelerator pedal can be tweaked to feel better through this guide: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/1342-best-throttle-mod-ever-2.html#post16307

Kia has many flaws
By brian707 on 03/16/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Forte EX 2011 new. I am disappointed with the gas mileage I've obtained which for an entire tank remains averages between 20-25 mpg with about 60% city and 40% hwy driving. Yet the worst features are the audio unit and the customer service (both corporate and local). My audio unit will randomly start whistling loudly, will turn itself off, bluetooth turns on and makes settings changes without prompting, the CD device fails, and all of these issue repeated after KIA replaced my audio unit with a brand new one. These glitches occur a few times a week while I'm driving. I've had complaints with KIA that have not been resolved for the past 4 months. I feel ignored by KIA.

steer clear from Kia, Silver Spring Kia and the King automotive group
By planedoc42 on 01/10/12 13:48 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In April 2011 I bought Kia Forte. since i drove off the dealers lot the car seemed sluggish like there's a brake or gear is stuck on. Within two weeks after i bought the car i asked the Kia service station to look at the car and that's when a employee at Kia service stated that the catalytic converter could be clogged or not functioning properly. (I think Kia hide him because I never saw him again). Since than my check engine light which i actually thought wouldn't even come on if came on as I was on the beltway coming from my office at Andrews going 60 mph it did come on and the engine automatically slowed down which concerned me because this could have caused an accident during rush hour. A day after the check engine light came on i brought it into the Kia service station and Kia said we reset the light and we do know it was a misfire code but we don't know why or if it will happen again. For a new car this scares me. 6 days later i started my car and began to drive and AGAIN i noticed the check engine light stayed on but went off in 47 seconds Again for a new car this scares me and represents a safety issue and for Kia to disregard safety complaints from customers is disgraceful. The dealer Silver Spring Kia was great UNTIL i bought the car I actually brought the car back 3 days later and told the sales Mgr Laura Jerlet the i had a problem with the car and what i can do now to get trade it or get a refund (again this was after 3 three days) she said "once you buy a Kia your screwed" the dealership GM Betty ann Mendelsohn Aschenbach a the part of the KING AUTO group should be steered away from at all costs, the customer service after you buy the car is awful. So far I spent at least $1000.00 on this car due to something wrong with the engine operation that can be causing the bad fuel economy and the check engine light to come on and slow down in beltway traffic. (it happened 3 times since i bought the car 9 Mounts) Under the Md State Lemon Law I Asked Kia to Re-purchase or at least help me get into a car that doesn't have issues. The BBB arbitrator actually stated at the arbitration hearing before the hearing started "Kia doesn't want to do anything to assist you anyway." I did explain the issues to the Arbertrater (Harold Cohen) and the person from Kia Ted Renfrow explain his side (he lied and covered up issues about the vacuum system and the safety issues i explained To be safe Customers that are looking to buy a new or used car must stay away from Silver Spring Kia. and Kia all together. Kia is a very poorly made very cheaply built car and at highway speeds the car is very unsafe and the Kia corporation that covers up safety issues and lies to customers are best just kept away from.

Luv my kia's
By 04spectre on 01/03/12 18:51 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in our '04 Optima EX V-6 @ 133,000 for our Forte. The Optima was a great car. Only had to replace the starter. Absolutely luv the forte. Spirited 2.0L, great 6sp auto. Outstanding gas mileage, on a trip from Jax, Fl to Philly it avg over 40 mpg during 1 tank run, i.e. 403 miles and only took 9.7 gal to fill. Averaged 37-38 mpg on the trip. A definite gas saver over the 2.7L Optima. I am 6'1", 256#, a little cramped but otherwise REALLY like this car. Started out with a 2001 Sephia, bought '02 Optima EX V-6 for Mama, Traded both cars in on the same day in Dec '03 for an '04 Spectra and the '04 Optima. Still have the Spectra @ over 103,000 miles.

A good car, but not a great one
By forte5 on 12/17/11 07:28 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Forte 5 SX with manual for about 29k miles. It has been completely reliable. I find it spacious, get 30mpg with suburban driving, it's very quick, and the controls are easy to use. Negatives are a rough around town ride that smooths out on the highway, it can be noisy on rough road surfaces, the throttle it too light and aggressive - making it hard to drive smoothly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Forte in VA is:

$134 per month*