Good cheap car that runs and drives
By manycarowner on
2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My car has 50,000 miles, 2.0L 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it used. This car has been great. It has been my daily driver for 2 years. I needed cheap, reliable transportation and it fit the bill. Comes with great features and a great warranty. That being said, beware of this cars resale value. I have put about 10,000 miles on it in the 2 years i have owned it and it went from being worth almost $13,000 retail/$10,000 trade to about $7500 retail and $5000 trade. For those who want to buy this car to keep and drive till it dies, it is well worth it. However if you plan on trading it in after a year or two, look away. I wish i hadn't bought it just for that reason alone.
Favorite Features
Comes with great standard features: bluetooth, sirius xm, auxiliary and usb hookups, traction control, 4 wheel abs, front and side curtain airbags. While engine is not a top performer, compared to the base focus, cobalt, sentra, civic etc for the year 2010 it has more horsepower and similar gas mileage, as well as better features all for a cheap price. Because i bought it used, i didnt get the 100,000 mile warranty but the 60,000 mile 5 year one still applies and i have used that warranty to get minor things repaired without any problems, just went to kia and they fixed the problems.
Suggested Improvements
I stated this above but the vehicles value drops like a boulder off of a cliff. I expected to trade it in when i got a better job and could afford something with more features, and after 2 years i expected the trade value to drop but not from $10,000 to $5,000 while only putting 10,000 miles on it and it only being 4 years old. My 02 honda has better trade in value and it has higher miles and runs worse. Just know this if you buy the car. Plastic parts are cheap and rattle when you hit bumps some times. Seat fabric is cheap and stains easy so i recommend getting dark fabric.