Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Great for the price!
By chris271

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 kia forte LX (with the 5 speed manual) late last year as a brand new car. I was looking at it as well as the honda fit and ford fiesta and liked it because it was much bigger than the others for the price. While mine doesnt have power windows or locks, it still has the bluetooth, ipod connect, etc. It rides ok but you can feel all the bumps. The build quality is ok, ive had some issues with the mirrors needing replacement for noise. with the 5 speed it has plenty of power. the seats are very comfortable, but the interior materials do feel a bit cheap.Its a very aggressive, nice looking car. For the price you can't beat it, for just under 13 grand it was a great buy

Bluetooth, ipod connectivity, cool looking gauges and lighting, exterior styling, comfortable seats

less hard plastics in the interior, better cloth for seats, less touchy clutch

Great Value, Awesome braking
By themachine1

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After finding out that Hyundai now owns Kia and the parts are nearly identical I chose the Forte over the Elantra hands down. Styling is 200% better, interior and exterior. Great back seat leg room compared to similar models. Awesome stock stereo system with ample bass. Good trunk space. Good Fuel economy, price, and Great overall value. I have 16,000 miles in a little over 6 months and I haven't had one issue. My only problem was my Verizon phone wouldnt sink to the bluetooth, a phone issue not Kia.

Stereo System, Interior styling, Braking, Fuel Economy. Warranty !!

Improve response at acceleration from dead stop. Sometimes can be a slight lag. I felt the braking was more of a benfit than the lag in acceleration.

Currently have 7500 miles driven and I love it!
By kthibodeau1

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bottom Line: This is an attractive fun car that is affordable. I have always been a Toyota driver because of their reliability. Well I'm 28 and wanted to get a little more than the basic corolla. The corolla S is a joke! It has no added performance features so it was time to look elsewhere. My target was a Civic SI but it just cost too much. I test drove the Forte and fell in love. The manual transmission is a little touchy but with a little practice its easy to get used to. I love this car and if you give it a try you will too! Note: I gave the car a reliability rating of 5 because of the 100,000 warranty and free roadside assistance for 5 years.

Engine, upgraded cloth, interior and exterior styling. Great standard features and SX has many nice options that I didn't need but that I appreciate.

Some of the plastics, especially around the door could use improvements. I'd like the clutch to be adjusted.

Power to Surprise *****
By pwr2surprise

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Forte last week and so far the car has been very good. Korean Cars has been very reliable lately. There's nothing i have as complain so far. Besides the good looks i like all the amenities and not to mention MPG is great. 1st Fill up i rode 400 miles w/ a full tank. I take a lot of Freeway maybe that's why but still very good for a 2.0 4cylinder.

Sirius 4 3months Free. Bluetooth Device, ABS Standard, Power Everything, plus all the Air Bags, Traction Control, Good Gas Mileage, 5 year 60K Rodside Assistance, 10 year 100K Powertrain Coverage.

Interior Quality.

Awful Build quality!
By usereks1187

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2010 Kia Forte brand new car has been the worst car we have every had, heated seats never worked it came from the factory with them not connected, sunroof cracked for no reason took a month for Kia to pay for it. Then windshield cracked overnight for no reason. now at 7000 miles transmission has went out and Kia said it will take two weeks to fix it and will not provide us with a loner car. We will be trading this car in when we get it back but it has awful resale value. We will never purchase another Kia.