Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Great car for an even greater price!
By gnatmarie

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 7 months now and I am thoroughly impressed. I am coming from a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta so the fact that I never have to take my Kia Forte into the dealership for a check engine light every month is a very nice perk. My Forte hasn't had any problems yet. I've had the oil changed once (I love that it only needs to be changed every 7,500 miles) and I will be getting a second oil change soon enough. The inside of my Forte is really classy. I love the materials used for the interior. I especially love the type of paint they use for the interior trim. It doesn't chip and peel. Then again, I make sure I never use any kind of harmful cleaner on it.

I love the Bluetooth! I use the Bluetooth feature with my phone all of the time. I love the iPod/Aux hook-up. I ended up subscribing to Sirius XM because I loved that so much too. I like the multiple cup holders (2 in the middle console and 1 on each side of the driver and passenger).

Excellent so far at 8500 miles
By wam927

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2010 Forte EX sedan with the Fuel Economy package and could not be happier.
This is actually a car for my daughter to drive, so the safety features were an important consideration.
We drove the car from Washington state to the gulf coast and averaged 35.2 mpg, including climbing over the Rocky Mountains, driving generally the speed limit (up to 75 mph).
While the transmission hunted for gears somewhat with the cruise control in the mountains, the car performed flawlessly. The 5-speed auto. transmission is highly recommended. The 2011's 6-speed would be a welcome step up.

The paint quality leaves a little to be desired, but overall the exterior seems to be reasonably good.

The seats were surprisingly comfortable during 13-hours days in the saddle, never leading to the numb-rump syndrome. I am 6' 2" and had plenty of room. The satellite radio was a pleasant bonus in remote areas and provided crisp, clear sound. The optional iPod cable is a nice touch to help keep the eyes on the road and not on the iPod. See if your dealer will throw one in to close the deal. The standard Bluetooth system synced well to our phones and the transmission and reception were clear. The steering-wheel-mounted controls are well thought-out and easy to use. The powertrain warranty is unbeatable, but it remains to be seen how the car holds up and how the service is with claims.

Suggested improvements: The new 6-speed transmission is a great start. The 4-cylinder engine is a little buzzy at highway speeds. It could be quieter. The quality of the Nexen tires remains to be seen. If the treadwear rating is accurate, it will be a pleasant surprise. Overall, I think Kia hit one over the fence, especially for the price after cash back and 0.0% financing. If the car holds up, this will not be the last Kia we buy. Our other cars are a Honda Odyssey, a VW Passat and an Acura TSX, and the Forte compares favorably so far (I'm sure it will be more reliable than the Passat :)

Great for the price!
By chris271

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 kia forte LX (with the 5 speed manual) late last year as a brand new car. I was looking at it as well as the honda fit and ford fiesta and liked it because it was much bigger than the others for the price. While mine doesnt have power windows or locks, it still has the bluetooth, ipod connect, etc. It rides ok but you can feel all the bumps. The build quality is ok, ive had some issues with the mirrors needing replacement for noise. with the 5 speed it has plenty of power. the seats are very comfortable, but the interior materials do feel a bit cheap.Its a very aggressive, nice looking car. For the price you can't beat it, for just under 13 grand it was a great buy

Bluetooth, ipod connectivity, cool looking gauges and lighting, exterior styling, comfortable seats

less hard plastics in the interior, better cloth for seats, less touchy clutch

Great Value, Awesome braking
By themachine1

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After finding out that Hyundai now owns Kia and the parts are nearly identical I chose the Forte over the Elantra hands down. Styling is 200% better, interior and exterior. Great back seat leg room compared to similar models. Awesome stock stereo system with ample bass. Good trunk space. Good Fuel economy, price, and Great overall value. I have 16,000 miles in a little over 6 months and I haven't had one issue. My only problem was my Verizon phone wouldnt sink to the bluetooth, a phone issue not Kia.

Stereo System, Interior styling, Braking, Fuel Economy. Warranty !!

Improve response at acceleration from dead stop. Sometimes can be a slight lag. I felt the braking was more of a benfit than the lag in acceleration.

Currently have 7500 miles driven and I love it!
By kthibodeau1

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bottom Line: This is an attractive fun car that is affordable.

I have always been a Toyota driver because of their reliability. Well I'm 28 and wanted to get a little more than the basic corolla. The corolla S is a joke! It has no added performance features so it was time to look elsewhere.

My target was a Civic SI but it just cost too much.

I test drove the Forte and fell in love. The manual transmission is a little touchy but with a little practice its easy to get used to.

I love this car and if you give it a try you will too!

Note: I gave the car a reliability rating of 5 because of the 100,000 warranty and free roadside assistance for 5 years.

Engine, upgraded cloth, interior and exterior styling. Great standard features and SX has many nice options that I didn't need but that I appreciate.

Some of the plastics, especially around the door could use improvements. I'd like the clutch to be adjusted.