2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
An okay car
By poreharry on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Forte EX with the fuel economy package. I am fairly disappointed with the purchase. It handles like a slug, the transmission is continually hunts for the highest gear. I do like the safety features and the Sirius radio, but honestly that is about all I like about the vehicle

Outstanding Car: The KIA Forte Koup
By Bob L. on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving many different domestic and foreign cars for 33 years. I can say with certainty that the Forte is one of my top favorites. It's both sporty and classy inside and out. It's turning heads out on the road. All my family members (my wife and 3 kids) love the looks of and driving the car! If you are interested in the Forte and live in the Chicago-land area, visit Rosen Kia in Elgin. They provided me with a no-pressure and pleasant experience. They worked hard to make sure I was a happy customer and I am.

Screamin' Hot Value
By BrettChandler on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great features like Bluetooth, Sirius, nice leather, heated seats, and a wonderfully-tuned sport suspension. Motor pulls well, though a little weak below 2,500 rpm. I STILL haven't been able to make the tires howl in a turn, let alone break traction. Styling is wonderful. The exterior has fantastic proportions. The interior is comfortable, and there's remarkable rear seat space for a compact sports coupe.

Redefining Value
By islandreamer on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2010 Forte SX 5sp A/M. I had a hunch that this would be a worthwhile purchased after reading all the rave reviews. It was hard to convince my partner that Kia has come a long way since the 90's and even the mid 2000's. The standard features you find at any Forte model are extra on Honda, Toyota, Mazda and Nissan's. The bumper and powertrain warranty has no match. The best part is that we were able to buy it at about 300 above invoice with the Southern Hospitality deal (free oil/filter/tire rotation, etc. for life). Thank you Greenbrier Supercenter.

Must Consider this car!
By Mister Tough on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very pleased overall with performance, styling & creature comforts. Note: Do not see engine temperature / charge / oil pressure gauge. Owned Chevy's my entire life. Never thought I would own anything else. The recession changed my way of thinking to consider best possible value for the dollar. After looking at American makes, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai, decided that Kia offered the most car / most features / best performance / best economy / best safety / best warranty for the dollar. For less than the cost of one repair bill, upgraded to 10 yr / 100K mi Bumper-To-Bumper warranty. The total price tag was less than any other new car and many 1-8 yr used cars.

Kia Koup is the way to go
By morganturskey on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When I first started looking at cars i looked at used cars like Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. All great choices until you look at the warranties and cost of ownership. I then turned to the Kia Forte Koup SX and fell in love immediately. It is just as fast to 60 and handles better than you would think. It easily takes on-ramps at 55 mph with no tire squeal. So much more room than other coupes in the market. It even beat my roommates 2010 Ford Mustang V6 in a race. Limiter is set to 132 mph compared to the mustang's 116 mph. For those of you who like music, the stock radio is great but if you love more bass i suggest putting two 12 inch subs and 1000 watt amp. It makes it sound so much better.

I like it
By g on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, accelerates nicely, good gas mileage, stylish design, quiet and smooth ride. Good price. Just bought it, only regret is that it has NO air conditioning, just assumed it would have ac, cold here so I did not have ac on my check list.

Overall ride
By tj200466025 on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving the car. It suspension is very rough on bumps on road. I also own a Camry and it rides a lot better. The car has good power and the shift is easy in the 6 speed. It was supposed to come with a mirror that dims and it did not I pay for it and it did not have it and they told me I was not going to get one. I was upset about that.

New Kia owner
By destiny1963 on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my first brand new vehicle and it is the Kia Forte. It drives/handles/rides really well. The interior room is amazing for a smaller car. Impressive gas mileage, sharp looking inside and out. I was very leery about getting a Korean made vehicle because of so many negative comments made about the brand in the past. But so far, I'm impressed. My husband and I weren't looking for a hot rod but our Forte has a sporty look and plenty of acceleration.

Good car for the money
By jim on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

MSRP: $18510 My cost $16562 With the cash back of $1000. going to dealer. Also got the 2.9% apr for 60 months. Really a fun to drive economical car to drive. Blue tooth, nice stereo, ride is good. Great warranty. Would highly recommend. Drove a few others, but really liked what this car offers for the money. Get the 5 spd automatic, worth the extra $600.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Forte in VA is:

$142 per month*