Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Give Kia a go
By truth1107

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Any negative impressions I had previously about Kia have changed dramatically. I bought a 2010 Forte Koup recently and have enjoyed it more and more every day. Exterior styling is best in class. Great features like Bluetooth, satellite radio, ipod inputs. Car is very smooth especially at high speeds on the interstate. Drove the civic, the corolla, and found the kia to be more stylish. The Forte Koup could use a little more pep on the lower end and sometimes there are severe downshifts with the automatic transmission when you gas it hard. Feels great seeing the ECO light come on when cruising at 75mph.

Not Bad For A Kia!!!!
By tgb2012

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the 2010 SX Koupe 6-speed manual used with about 36k on it. Work at a kia dealership and fell in love with the car on my first day. decent fuel economy (22 city 27-29 highway 56 miles roundtrip everyday). Could use a little more pep since its main competitor (civic) has about 200 horse while the sx forte has 174. If you buy the car, do it the right way and get the SX. Better handling, bigger engine and sport tuned suspension make the SX the way to go.

heated seats, leather and sunroof (cant live without one now!!!!)

more power, better stock sound system

Fuel Economy is horrible
By syedez

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It only get 20 miles a gallon, I have owned my car and this is the worst one, I am a lady that take her time to get around, so there no reason for the poor fuel Economy

the loo suck you ink of the car it

fix the fuel economy

2010 Kia Forte Koup
By kiaaed

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Good car and fun to drive. The exterior is very nice and the interior looks nice but the material doesn't look like it will last very long. There are some issues:1) The sun-roof is very noisy and bounces around when hitting a bump. 2) Air condition doesn't feel cold enough especially on a hot 100 degree day.3) There are leaks in the floor board or door that is causing mold to grow on the passenger floor mat. Kia cannot figure out the problem. They just bandage the problem by trying to kill the mold that eventually comes back. Make sure you check yours!4) Gears shift hard unexpectedly.5) Alignment/tires wear down in the inside of tires & change tires after 20k miles. Bluetooth/addressbook bad

The looks are great, interior nice and decent on saving gas. Handles pretty good but you can feel every bump.

Fix leaks in floor board to prevent mold on carpet, Bluetooth needs adjustment, address book needs new programming, sun roof is noisy and loud when hits a bump, improve gear shifting program to check latency when it shifts from gear to gear, fix wheel issues where tires have unusual wear in inside and tires wear out after 20 k, fix air conditioner to cool car. There are issues with the KIA and hopefully KIA will address these problems and voluntarily perform recalls for these obvious items.

Excellent Car...
By jmp2010

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 1997 Ram 4wd i have had for 6 years for this car. Obviously the gas mileage was the problem with my truck. Over the course of 3 days i drove a total of 27 different vehicles. I came to my kia dealership with the sole intention of a used car. My salesman gave me the keys to a new 2011 Forte Ex and said drive it like you stole it lol. I was so impressed with the car i signed papers 30 minutes later. My car was slightly used as a low mileage lease to the Kia manufacturing plant a few miles from my home. Its primary function was a carpool car. It was perfectly maintained and had 3400 miles on it. It now has a little over 29000 on it and not even the slightest hint of a problem.

Great Mileage, awesome looks inside and out, decent power, i'm a pretty big guy and i have PLENTY of room for me my wife and 4 month old.

I have a 5-speed auto, the gears are pretty tall but can be fixed with the sport shift.