2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Great for the price!
By chris271 on 04/04/11 21:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 kia forte LX (with the 5 speed manual) late last year as a brand new car. I was looking at it as well as the honda fit and ford fiesta and liked it because it was much bigger than the others for the price. While mine doesnt have power windows or locks, it still has the bluetooth, ipod connect, etc. It rides ok but you can feel all the bumps. The build quality is ok, ive had some issues with the mirrors needing replacement for noise. with the 5 speed it has plenty of power. the seats are very comfortable, but the interior materials do feel a bit cheap.Its a very aggressive, nice looking car. For the price you can't beat it, for just under 13 grand it was a great buy

Great Value, Awesome braking
By themachine1 on 03/13/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After finding out that Hyundai now owns Kia and the parts are nearly identical I chose the Forte over the Elantra hands down. Styling is 200% better, interior and exterior. Great back seat leg room compared to similar models. Awesome stock stereo system with ample bass. Good trunk space. Good Fuel economy, price, and Great overall value. I have 16,000 miles in a little over 6 months and I haven't had one issue. My only problem was my Verizon phone wouldnt sink to the bluetooth, a phone issue not Kia.

Currently have 7500 miles driven and I love it!
By kthibodeau1 on 02/05/11 17:57 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bottom Line: This is an attractive fun car that is affordable. I have always been a Toyota driver because of their reliability. Well I'm 28 and wanted to get a little more than the basic corolla. The corolla S is a joke! It has no added performance features so it was time to look elsewhere. My target was a Civic SI but it just cost too much. I test drove the Forte and fell in love. The manual transmission is a little touchy but with a little practice its easy to get used to. I love this car and if you give it a try you will too! Note: I gave the car a reliability rating of 5 because of the 100,000 warranty and free roadside assistance for 5 years.

Power to Surprise *****
By pwr2surprise on 01/31/11 13:54 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Forte last week and so far the car has been very good. Korean Cars has been very reliable lately. There's nothing i have as complain so far. Besides the good looks i like all the amenities and not to mention MPG is great. 1st Fill up i rode 400 miles w/ a full tank. I take a lot of Freeway maybe that's why but still very good for a 2.0 4cylinder.

Awful Build quality!
By usereks1187 on 01/26/11 08:32 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2010 Kia Forte brand new car has been the worst car we have every had, heated seats never worked it came from the factory with them not connected, sunroof cracked for no reason took a month for Kia to pay for it. Then windshield cracked overnight for no reason. now at 7000 miles transmission has went out and Kia said it will take two weeks to fix it and will not provide us with a loner car. We will be trading this car in when we get it back but it has awful resale value. We will never purchase another Kia.

Great bargain
By dankocke on 12/21/10 11:08 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For the price (with rebates) this is hands down the best car in its category. For the price that is... not for what it is. While it has all sorts of wonderful features like bluetooth, satellite, etc., it does not have the same feel of a VW, Toyota, or Honda. That said, the fuel economy is not as good either. I've filled it up 3 times now and in cold weather in mixed driving I've averaged 27mpg. I use to get that in my Acura TSX. The Forte is a very nice car, though. It feels solid, is very quiet, and has a huge trunk. I have the coffee interior which is fantastic looking. I wish Kia would drop the 2.4l into the EX as the suspension on the SX is too stiff.

What's not to like?
By gman63 on 12/12/10 18:51 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Jetta diesel wagon is my all time favorite car, buit I love the Forte also. Great looks, in and out. Was not expensive to move up to the SX trim. The car is loaded with features, fun to drive, and hope will be reliable. Mileage could be better, but I enjoy the more peppy 2.4L so it is a fair trade off. The safety features, electronics, design, and the price is why bought this car. Love it!

Good car but not best in class
By gonavy1072 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a KIA Forte as a replacement for my Ford Focus. If I had it to do over, I'd get another Focus with SYNC. Automatic transmission shifts VERY early to the point that at times you think it is going to stall. This is by design for fuel efficiency. Good exterior look and good fuel economy; about 30 MPG highway. The bluetooth interface is strange; you can't turn it on and off only using the radio controls. You have to use radio control AND voice command. Inconvenient when more than one person is in the car. iPod interface also drains the iPod battery if left plugged in. This is a known issue. Not a bad car for the money but it could be a GREAT car!

My Kia Forte has won me over
By chickyflyaz on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had been driving a 2009 Nissan Altima prior to purchasing this Kia. I had originally set out only wanting another Altima but could not get a good enough deal. A friend talked to me into checking out the Kia dealership where I test drove the Forte. It was affordable and while I was disappointed it wasn't my first choice, I liked it enough to buy it. 3 weeks later I absolutely love it! I drove that car for 2 1/2 weeks before I had to put gas in the tank! I love the way it looks and the comfortable interior. I would like a little more get up and go, but it does get moving eventually.

My second Kia in 1 year
By RSG91763 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. After I bought a 2011 Kia Sorento early in the year, I just had to buy the Forte with the fuel economy package for my transport car. Two weeks old with a thousand miles, this car will do just fine. Excellent buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Forte in VA is:

$142 per month*