2010 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Currently have 7500 miles driven and I love it!
By kthibodeau1 on 02/05/11 17:57 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bottom Line: This is an attractive fun car that is affordable. I have always been a Toyota driver because of their reliability. Well I'm 28 and wanted to get a little more than the basic corolla. The corolla S is a joke! It has no added performance features so it was time to look elsewhere. My target was a Civic SI but it just cost too much. I test drove the Forte and fell in love. The manual transmission is a little touchy but with a little practice its easy to get used to. I love this car and if you give it a try you will too! Note: I gave the car a reliability rating of 5 because of the 100,000 warranty and free roadside assistance for 5 years.

My Kia Forte has won me over
By chickyflyaz on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had been driving a 2009 Nissan Altima prior to purchasing this Kia. I had originally set out only wanting another Altima but could not get a good enough deal. A friend talked to me into checking out the Kia dealership where I test drove the Forte. It was affordable and while I was disappointed it wasn't my first choice, I liked it enough to buy it. 3 weeks later I absolutely love it! I drove that car for 2 1/2 weeks before I had to put gas in the tank! I love the way it looks and the comfortable interior. I would like a little more get up and go, but it does get moving eventually.

Forte sx 6 spd
By John on 07/24/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

To now, put 150 miles on the car. Really fun to drive after i got the hang of the really touchy clutch. I have drove manual cars forever, this one is really hard to adjust too. But, once done really fun to drive. Interior is very nice in the sx, my only complaint is the seat adjustment is a little weird. I'm 6'2", so seat adjustability is crucial. Overall, great car. Awesome buy for the $$. Had a civic prior to this car, this is hands down a better car in general. 10 yr warr is great too. Only complaint is fuel mileage. I work 2 miles from home and average 24 mpg. But, the fun factor of the 2.4 L 6 spd is worth it.

Fun car to drive, but watch the MPG
By hmowner on 04/22/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I chose to buy SX sedan 6spd. It took me a while to get used to the soft clutch and sensitive gas pedal, but it's a well worth effort. Car handles well for a non-sports car and it really accelerates! The ride is a bit bouncy. I get about 30 - 32 mpg on 75% highway/25% city driving. If you push it a little, the mpg suffers a lot. The instrument panel is not fancy, but very simple/easy to view. I love the voice recognition-enabled bluetooth. The rear trunk sits very high compared to other compacts, but the space is huge. Maybe due to visibility, but this car feels larger than other compacts. The front buffer is a magnet for bug splashes and multiple rock dents into the plastic bumper.

Very Happy
By Landis Carrier on 04/14/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Kia and I am very happy with the Forte so far! I have the SX with the 6-speed, the ride is a bit bumpy but this car is a lot of fun to drive and it has a ton of features for a 17k car!

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX
By 1joeyoung on 03/01/10 10:48 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

In several online reviews, the clutch is mentioned as a negative. I agree that the clutch is definitely "Different" in the 6spd Manual, but I think that's the way it is in many cars. While shopping, I drove a MINI, Civic Si, Genesis Coupe, all manual. Every one had different clutch characteristics. Aside from that, I really like the Forte. It has great exterior styling for a compact car, and nice interior arrangement and surfaces for a car of this price range. The seats are comfortable and the upgraded cloth of the SX feels more durable than the standard cloth seats. The trunk is surprisingly large for a car of this size.

Better than the Honda Civic
By John on 02/27/10 05:18 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Traded a 2007 Honda Civic for the Forte, and have no regrets. So much quieter on the road, and a lot more fun to drive. Loved the Honda until I drove the Forte. Honda having a lot of issues with there quality including cracked engine blocks. I paid 16700.00 for a LX Civic ,and 15700,00 for a SX Forte that has a lot more standard features. Stability control, and traction control are not even offered on the Honda. Build quality and materials on the Forte are also a step above the Civic, and remember this review is coming from some one who drove the civic for 3 and a half years. The Honda didn't even have heated mirrors, even my 2000 Dodge Neon had heated mirrors.

Better than the Civic
By John on 02/19/10 19:27 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Traded a 2007 Honda civic for the Forte. Loved my Civic, but the Forte is a much better car. From day 1 the Civic had a lot rattles and noises, not the Forte. Recieved $1400.00 from Honda for paint defects, Forte paint has no defects. A lot of reviews say Honda civic engine is quiet and refined, and the Forte engine is loud, and unrefined. Forte engine is quiet and smooth. Honda was a nice car, but the Forte has a quiet interior with little road noise or wind, and it is fun to drive, handles great, and is great on the high way even in heavy winds. In my opinion Honda must be paying some one for there good reviews. Honda Civic has a lot of TSB like cracked engine blocks. Civic or Forte. FORTE

Great Car for the money....
By lisa on 02/06/10 16:55 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 2010 Kia Forte SX 4 door...i love this car! It looks good from the outside and drives great!! I thought because of the 4 cylinder....no power but this car really can kick into some speed! The gas use has been great and it really gets some mileage to the gallons. If you are looking for a great looking car, great price then the Kia Forte is it. Im very happy with my purchase and never thought I would say that about a KIA...no doubt KIA has done a great job with this new vehicle.

character in a car
By dave on 11/04/09 09:34 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in a mazda6 which was good but just boring.I've had the car for 4 weeks. The new Forte has character. It's a fun car to drive. It has plenty of room, a large trunk, plenty of back seat room.It handles great and with the 2.4 engine has more accelaration then the old mazda6 with a 3.0.The satellite radio and easy MP3 hook up is great.It evens comes with bluetooth which I didn't care about but makes driving safer.It has most options standard on the SX.The new mazda 3 may have a nicer interior(ugly grill) but I would rather have the extra money in my pocket.Once you get used to the delayed throttle it's a blast to drive.Nothing in its class has as much power or is as much fun to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Forte Sedan in VA is:

$142 per month*