Used 2010 Kia Forte SX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Currently have 7500 miles driven and I love it!
By kthibodeau1

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bottom Line: This is an attractive fun car that is affordable. I have always been a Toyota driver because of their reliability. Well I'm 28 and wanted to get a little more than the basic corolla. The corolla S is a joke! It has no added performance features so it was time to look elsewhere. My target was a Civic SI but it just cost too much. I test drove the Forte and fell in love. The manual transmission is a little touchy but with a little practice its easy to get used to. I love this car and if you give it a try you will too! Note: I gave the car a reliability rating of 5 because of the 100,000 warranty and free roadside assistance for 5 years.

Engine, upgraded cloth, interior and exterior styling. Great standard features and SX has many nice options that I didn't need but that I appreciate.

Some of the plastics, especially around the door could use improvements. I'd like the clutch to be adjusted.

My Kia Forte has won me over
By chickyflyaz

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had been driving a 2009 Nissan Altima prior to purchasing this Kia. I had originally set out only wanting another Altima but could not get a good enough deal. A friend talked to me into checking out the Kia dealership where I test drove the Forte. It was affordable and while I was disappointed it wasn't my first choice, I liked it enough to buy it. 3 weeks later I absolutely love it! I drove that car for 2 1/2 weeks before I had to put gas in the tank! I love the way it looks and the comfortable interior. I would like a little more get up and go, but it does get moving eventually.

I love the Bluetooth, the Sirius satellite, the redundant controls on the steering wheel, the Ipod connection. It's a small thing, but I miss having a temp gauge.

Add the temp gauge.

Forte sx 6 spd
By John

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

To now, put 150 miles on the car. Really fun to drive after i got the hang of the really touchy clutch. I have drove manual cars forever, this one is really hard to adjust too. But, once done really fun to drive. Interior is very nice in the sx, my only complaint is the seat adjustment is a little weird. I'm 6'2", so seat adjustability is crucial. Overall, great car. Awesome buy for the $$. Had a civic prior to this car, this is hands down a better car in general. 10 yr warr is great too. Only complaint is fuel mileage. I work 2 miles from home and average 24 mpg. But, the fun factor of the 2.4 L 6 spd is worth it.

6 spd manual, body styling, rear disc brakes, trunk space seat/wheel adjustability, dash configuration, drivability.

radio volume controls and cruise controls on wheel need to be switched. W/ the manual, I always have my left hand on the top of the wheel and rt hand on shifter, its difficult to reach the left side of the wheel to adjust the volume. Also, ext temp gauge is needed.

Fun car to drive, but watch the MPG
By hmowner

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I chose to buy SX sedan 6spd. It took me a while to get used to the soft clutch and sensitive gas pedal, but it's a well worth effort. Car handles well for a non-sports car and it really accelerates! The ride is a bit bouncy. I get about 30 - 32 mpg on 75% highway/25% city driving. If you push it a little, the mpg suffers a lot. The instrument panel is not fancy, but very simple/easy to view. I love the voice recognition-enabled bluetooth. The rear trunk sits very high compared to other compacts, but the space is huge. Maybe due to visibility, but this car feels larger than other compacts. The front buffer is a magnet for bug splashes and multiple rock dents into the plastic bumper.

Decent power/handling. Bluetooth. Acceptable space in the rear. Audio control on the steering wheel. Center console's height is just right to rest my right elbow to take brief rests. SAT radio (free 3 month trial). Trip computer w/ instant mpg indicator (helps control my lead foot)

Offer all weather mat option. Offer IPOD cable. (I had to buy Hyundai IPOD cable) The head light doesn't seem to be bright. It's aimed a bit high so the cars on the opposite side some times think I am using a high beam. Engine noise during cold start is VERY noisy for a new car, not a smooth sound.

Very Happy
By Landis Carrier

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Kia and I am very happy with the Forte so far! I have the SX with the 6-speed, the ride is a bit bumpy but this car is a lot of fun to drive and it has a ton of features for a 17k car!

Looks, handling, radio, performance, heated seats!

Could use some more side bolster on the seats, for a car that handles so good you feel like your going to slide off the seat!