2010 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Good car for the money
By jim on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

MSRP: $18510 My cost $16562 With the cash back of $1000. going to dealer. Also got the 2.9% apr for 60 months. Really a fun to drive economical car to drive. Blue tooth, nice stereo, ride is good. Great warranty. Would highly recommend. Drove a few others, but really liked what this car offers for the money. Get the 5 spd automatic, worth the extra $600.

Disappointment
By Patricia Wald on 07/13/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a major disappointment. Ride is rough. Brakes and gear shift poorly responsive, fuel injection uneven. No vision out rear window. Rear headrests further block vision. Back of car too high for vision. Driver's left vent for air very poor. Controls for sunroof make no sense in terms of open being opposite of closed. Takes excessive time for sunroof control to result in desired position. Remote key to open trunk is extremely slow. Have to be right at trunk for it to respond. The trunk door doesn't stay in the up position. Very narrow access to truck. Would recommend against anyone buying this car.

Great Car!
By jck1962 on 06/27/10 06:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Car! I saw this car advertised in the paper and it quickly caught my eye, then i saw the price and was like wow! after a quick test drive and the usual 4 hour negotiation with a trade I drove it home and that says a lot because I loved my Nissan xterra just not the gas it was costing me for my 50 mile round trip to work.

Civic killer
By harry on 01/03/10 12:06 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Vw jetta and a 2000 honda civic, and the Forte has more power than bothe.Smoothe 5 speed manual transmission, nice steering wheel controls, nicely placed heat vents. Only complaint is the sterio needs tweeters mounted up near mirrors, sounds a little muffled. Base model still outshined my other two cars. Plans to put some 18 inch rims, body kit, and better interior speekers. Hedders and axaust already available 3rd party, well priced. To not be a hybrid, the gas milage blows me away, but drop in K&N airfilter adds about 15 more horsepower and 75 more miles per full tank of gas. Fun car, lots of potential for us tuner car drivers,BUY IT.

Watch out for Rust!!!
By kiaMgirl on 12/28/09 15:13 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I saw someone driving this car and I had to have one. I spent months researching it before test driving. Bought it Oct. 31st, and found rust LESS THAN A MONTH later!!! Car is great otherwise. So take your chances people, remember you get what you pay for.

Glad I Purchased
By Ynotturbo on 12/27/09 11:12 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my spicey red EX Christmas Eve. I need a commuter car that not only looks good but is fun to drive. I selected the 5 speed version making my commute to work a pleasure. The Forte's fit and finish is outstanding and the sound system can't be beat for the price. I looked at other cars and found that the KIA had more standard options for the price making it a no brainer. Mine has the sunroof and upgraded wheel package. It is a clean looking, fun, and comfortable vehicle that gets great gas milage. The price was just a Tad over 17K out the door. Can't beat that for a new that appears to be built to last. My dealer also gave me free oil changes and tire rotations 4 life.

GREAT VALUE
By GEORGE on 11/19/09 15:09 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

the styling is well thought out, attractive from any angle. simple, but functional

For this $, U can't beat this car
By kdominy on 10/30/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I paid $16K, without the equity from my trade, it would have been $17.5K including all taxes and fees. Now tell me another car that gives you the following at that price. Full steering wheel controls, pwr windows/locks, keyless, cd/mpw, flash drive, ipod connectivity, sirius, 5 speed auto tranny, ac, cc, etc. Oh, 5 yr/60 month b2b, 10 yr/100K pwrtrain. I have more headroom than I did in my Tundra, 40 mpg on the hwy, and a very reliable and well handling suspension. Nice pep on that engine also!

Love it!!
By metgirl6 on 10/26/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had this car less than a week but I love it. It's fun to drive, very smooth and quiet. We got the standard EX package with the fuel package. Gas mileage has been about 30 mpg on the first tank. We looked at every car out there and this one seemed to have it all. I highly recommend this vehicle.

WANTED CIVIC MADE BETTER CHOICE
By emmett linkous on 10/25/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really wanted to buy a Honda Civic. I had a hard time making up my mind what to buy when I couldn't get the price on the Civic to meet my budget. I decided to check out the Kia Forte Ex. What a wonderful choice. I saved over 5000 dollars and came away with a vehicle that i think in the long run will just as good as the Civic. This car is loaded with more options and seems to be as well built as the Civic. Only time will tell. This car is really fun to drive. It has more pep than the Civic. I really like the steering wheel controls and the Blue Tooth.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Forte Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*