Used 2010 Kia Forte EX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Good car for the money
By jim

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

MSRP: $18510 My cost $16562 With the cash back of $1000. going to dealer. Also got the 2.9% apr for 60 months. Really a fun to drive economical car to drive. Blue tooth, nice stereo, ride is good. Great warranty. Would highly recommend. Drove a few others, but really liked what this car offers for the money. Get the 5 spd automatic, worth the extra $600.

all

none

Disappointment
By Patricia Wald

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a major disappointment. Ride is rough. Brakes and gear shift poorly responsive, fuel injection uneven. No vision out rear window. Rear headrests further block vision. Back of car too high for vision. Driver's left vent for air very poor. Controls for sunroof make no sense in terms of open being opposite of closed. Takes excessive time for sunroof control to result in desired position. Remote key to open trunk is extremely slow. Have to be right at trunk for it to respond. The trunk door doesn't stay in the up position. Very narrow access to truck. Would recommend against anyone buying this car.

Dash board features easy to use. Car has good turning radius.

Everything that's a fault in the first "review" box should be corrected.

Great Car!
By jck1962

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Car! I saw this car advertised in the paper and it quickly caught my eye, then i saw the price and was like wow! after a quick test drive and the usual 4 hour negotiation with a trade I drove it home and that says a lot because I loved my Nissan xterra just not the gas it was costing me for my 50 mile round trip to work.

My fav feature has to be the way it looks and drives, although I did have an issue with it backfiring when going from 2nd to 3rd at around 3000 rpm, the dealership was quick to make the proper adjustments to stop it. The gas mileage is also superb!

The only thing I would suggest is to improve gear ratio on the 5 speed manual, I barely get rolling in 1st gear and have to shift up to 2nd, I have driven standard shift my whole life and this is by far the trickiest clutch I had to get used to, once I did it was a blast to drive : )

Civic killer
By harry

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Vw jetta and a 2000 honda civic, and the Forte has more power than bothe.Smoothe 5 speed manual transmission, nice steering wheel controls, nicely placed heat vents. Only complaint is the sterio needs tweeters mounted up near mirrors, sounds a little muffled. Base model still outshined my other two cars. Plans to put some 18 inch rims, body kit, and better interior speekers. Hedders and axaust already available 3rd party, well priced. To not be a hybrid, the gas milage blows me away, but drop in K&N airfilter adds about 15 more horsepower and 75 more miles per full tank of gas. Fun car, lots of potential for us tuner car drivers,BUY IT.

Sterio controlls, blue toothe, Very responsive 5 speed manual trany,front looks like a better designed civic, back looks like a lexus is350,all the cool stuff in the right places.

BETTER SPEAKERS FOR STEREO, sounds muffled.Bad blindspot from heavy plastic moldings needs to be thinner. power doorlocks on all models!! the reach around is bad.Mirror lights on all models, safty first!!

Watch out for Rust!!!
By kiaMgirl

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I saw someone driving this car and I had to have one. I spent months researching it before test driving. Bought it Oct. 31st, and found rust LESS THAN A MONTH later!!! Car is great otherwise. So take your chances people, remember you get what you pay for.

bluetooth, sirius satellite radio