Used 2010 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

great little car
By minotrice

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

we bought the ccar used in 2012, since then it has been all over fl and 2 trips to ga. on the hwy i get between 36-41mpg and on the slower back country roads going 55 i get 52mpg. not a single problem with the car the only reason i gave it a 2 for comfort is the front seats are only good for about 150miles anything longer and and they let you know your in an econmy car. the car has good pick up and go too

blue toooth, rear disk brakes

more foam in front setas

Good cheap car that runs and drives
By manycarowner

2010 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 50,000 miles, 2.0L 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it used. This car has been great. It has been my daily driver for 2 years. I needed cheap, reliable transportation and it fit the bill. Comes with great features and a great warranty. That being said, beware of this cars resale value. I have put about 10,000 miles on it in the 2 years i have owned it and it went from being worth almost $13,000 retail/$10,000 trade to about $7500 retail and $5000 trade. For those who want to buy this car to keep and drive till it dies, it is well worth it. However if you plan on trading it in after a year or two, look away. I wish i hadn't bought it just for that reason alone.

Comes with great standard features: bluetooth, sirius xm, auxiliary and usb hookups, traction control, 4 wheel abs, front and side curtain airbags. While engine is not a top performer, compared to the base focus, cobalt, sentra, civic etc for the year 2010 it has more horsepower and similar gas mileage, as well as better features all for a cheap price. Because i bought it used, i didnt get the 100,000 mile warranty but the 60,000 mile 5 year one still applies and i have used that warranty to get minor things repaired without any problems, just went to kia and they fixed the problems.

I stated this above but the vehicles value drops like a boulder off of a cliff. I expected to trade it in when i got a better job and could afford something with more features, and after 2 years i expected the trade value to drop but not from $10,000 to $5,000 while only putting 10,000 miles on it and it only being 4 years old. My 02 honda has better trade in value and it has higher miles and runs worse. Just know this if you buy the car. Plastic parts are cheap and rattle when you hit bumps some times. Seat fabric is cheap and stains easy so i recommend getting dark fabric.

I LOVED my Forte!
By mathwhiz1

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently traded in my 2010 Kia Forte for a 2013 Nissan Sentra, but I only traded it in because it was high in miles (over 100k). Otherwise I would still be driving it. I was a little leery about buying a Kia, but I was pleasantly surprised. Mine came equipped with all kinds of toys: Bluetooth, Sirius satellite radio. Acceleration was more than ample for passing.

Bluetooth Satellite Radio Ready 6-way adjustable seat Large trunk

Not much needs to be improved considering the price range and class of the vehicle. The only complaints are that the interior materials felt a little cheap. Also, like someone mentioned earlier, the exterior is more dent-prone than normal. I leaned against my car lightly and it left a small dent in the driver side door.

not so bad
By malicioustoast

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2010 forte ex sedan 2.0L 4 cyl automatic. overall, i'd have to say i love this car. traded my nissan titan for this in 2010, and i'm LOVING the gas mileage. now has 26k miles. the exterior and interior both look really nice, and the ride is comfortable. i drive from dallas to corpus almost every other weekend, and it handles like a boss. pick up isn't that great, but that's to be expected with a 2.0. only thing i don't like is this thing is prone to dents. i just leaned on the car and i got a dent on the drivers side door. a girl from my university also hit the passenger door with her purse and dented it, and her purse was freaking tiny lol. despite that, KIA made one nice little car :)

favorite features would be the design, and the comfort. the blue-tooth is pretty sweet too.

wish it had a bigger engine, seems sluggish

great car
By minotrice

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

keeping in mind this is an econmy car not a luxry car, its a great car. quick great on gas, and at 6'4" its very roomy for me. have a few friends that also have this model and they love there as much as i love mine, for the price of these forte's you are geting a great little cat

room behind the wheel in a small car for some whos 6'4"

indepntant rear