2010 Kia Forte 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

Koup SX Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Have to hand it to Kia
By guyonastage on 12/30/13 15:00 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The sport tuned suspension really makes this car fun to drive. It's no sports car by any means, but it is a beautiful blend of fun and practicality. There's a half inch dead spot in the throttle which makes first gear a royal pain, but it's a very simple fix for someone with a little know-how. Even with the mod, the gas pedal is REALLY light and sensitive. It takes a little getting used to. Blue tooth isn't great, but it's there. Back seats have an impressive amount of space for a coupe. Drivers seat sits high and and only raises from the back. Steering wheel controls are great, audio sounds good, interior controls have a comfortable and logical layout. Well done, Kia.

Great Car
By paulst2419 on 07/19/12 10:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the car in May of 2010 and have nearly 25,000 trouble-free miles on it. It has plenty of pep especially since I have added a few aftermarket parts. I get awesome gas mileage, even in the city. Averaging 28 mixed city and hwy. The paint is kinda crappy though. I've had a few cosmetic warranty issues but they were fixed immediately with no trouble from Kia Corporate or my dealership. $18,750 for a fully loaded car with leather, sun roof, and 17 inch wheels I couldn't be happier. The manual transmission took some getting used to. Overall great car.

Not Bad For A Kia!!!!
By tgb2012 on 05/02/12 15:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the 2010 SX Koupe 6-speed manual used with about 36k on it. Work at a kia dealership and fell in love with the car on my first day. decent fuel economy (22 city 27-29 highway 56 miles roundtrip everyday). Could use a little more pep since its main competitor (civic) has about 200 horse while the sx forte has 174. If you buy the car, do it the right way and get the SX. Better handling, bigger engine and sport tuned suspension make the SX the way to go.

Screamin' Hot Value
By BrettChandler on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great features like Bluetooth, Sirius, nice leather, heated seats, and a wonderfully-tuned sport suspension. Motor pulls well, though a little weak below 2,500 rpm. I STILL haven't been able to make the tires howl in a turn, let alone break traction. Styling is wonderful. The exterior has fantastic proportions. The interior is comfortable, and there's remarkable rear seat space for a compact sports coupe.

Kia Koup is the way to go
By morganturskey on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When I first started looking at cars i looked at used cars like Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. All great choices until you look at the warranties and cost of ownership. I then turned to the Kia Forte Koup SX and fell in love immediately. It is just as fast to 60 and handles better than you would think. It easily takes on-ramps at 55 mph with no tire squeal. So much more room than other coupes in the market. It even beat my roommates 2010 Ford Mustang V6 in a race. Limiter is set to 132 mph compared to the mustang's 116 mph. For those of you who like music, the stock radio is great but if you love more bass i suggest putting two 12 inch subs and 1000 watt amp. It makes it sound so much better.

Great Value
By mots1 on 08/28/10 08:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great car for the money. For under $20,000 you can get a LOT of options. Materials could be better, but I remind myself how much I paid. This car reminds me of my 2003 Honda Accord Coupe. My only complaint really is that after driving for over a week I still get frustrated with 1st gear. Iíve been driving manuals for over 20 years and I think this one is really touchy. Besides that if you want a lot of car but donít want to spend a lot, the Forte Koup may be a good option.

I'm Surprised
By bigbullldog on 08/02/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

You can take this one to the bank. Best performance for value out there. The six-speed manual is not for first time stick drivers (I've driven 5 speeds for years and this took a little getting used to). The car wants to accelerate, the steering is rock solid and responsive even over rough pavement. I test drove a turbo audi A4 six-speed as well and the forte performed as well in all categories except trim. In my opinion, if you go with a comparable honda or acura, you're just paying extra for the nameplate.

I think Kia has a winner!
By ZEBBEZ on 04/26/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Picked this car up just over two weeks ago and I love it. I almost got a VW and decided for the money and other factors the KIA was the best value. So far so good, no dissapointments except for one thing. When idling, fully warmed up, i'm noticing a rattling. Looked at exhaust system and what not and seems solid. Sounds more like something in the engine compartment. Not a big deal, thats what warranties are for : ) It's handling is awesome, accelaration is pretty good, a turbo would do this car wonders. Definitely needs a better sound system though, kinda dissapointed in it. The little red lights are also a little cheesey but I like them sometimes (everyone feels the same)Gas is ok.

Worth the wait
By TomR10 on 01/03/10 17:03 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I first saw the Koup in online reviews from the 2008 New York Auto Show. I was really impressed with the body lines, and intrigued by the 2.0 with Turbo. When the Genesis Coupe came out with the Turbo, I was certain the Koup wouldn't be far behind - alas it was not to be. I do have to say, however, that the 2.4 with the 6 speed manual has plenty of pep and is fun to drive - once you're used to first gear! After driving an 05 Spectra5 for 111,000 miles, I was certain that another Kia purchase would be a wise one. My milage is a little less than the Spectra - but the engine is larger... After over 2000 miles, I am not disappointed!

Koup sx 2 dr 2010 year
By D Hardison on 12/23/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my son only had a few days but fun to drive lots of power with the sx good safety loaded features and a great looking car no problems so far good car for the money. sx is the way to go i read up and would not buy the lx or ex. seems to be well built. 2010 year modle SX