Used 2010 Kia Forte LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Good cheap car that runs and drives
By manycarowner

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 50,000 miles, 2.0L 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it used. This car has been great. It has been my daily driver for 2 years. I needed cheap, reliable transportation and it fit the bill. Comes with great features and a great warranty. That being said, beware of this cars resale value. I have put about 10,000 miles on it in the 2 years i have owned it and it went from being worth almost $13,000 retail/$10,000 trade to about $7500 retail and $5000 trade. For those who want to buy this car to keep and drive till it dies, it is well worth it. However if you plan on trading it in after a year or two, look away. I wish i hadn't bought it just for that reason alone.

Comes with great standard features: bluetooth, sirius xm, auxiliary and usb hookups, traction control, 4 wheel abs, front and side curtain airbags. While engine is not a top performer, compared to the base focus, cobalt, sentra, civic etc for the year 2010 it has more horsepower and similar gas mileage, as well as better features all for a cheap price. Because i bought it used, i didnt get the 100,000 mile warranty but the 60,000 mile 5 year one still applies and i have used that warranty to get minor things repaired without any problems, just went to kia and they fixed the problems.

I stated this above but the vehicles value drops like a boulder off of a cliff. I expected to trade it in when i got a better job and could afford something with more features, and after 2 years i expected the trade value to drop but not from $10,000 to $5,000 while only putting 10,000 miles on it and it only being 4 years old. My 02 honda has better trade in value and it has higher miles and runs worse. Just know this if you buy the car. Plastic parts are cheap and rattle when you hit bumps some times. Seat fabric is cheap and stains easy so i recommend getting dark fabric.

Great for the price!
By chris271

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 kia forte LX (with the 5 speed manual) late last year as a brand new car. I was looking at it as well as the honda fit and ford fiesta and liked it because it was much bigger than the others for the price. While mine doesnt have power windows or locks, it still has the bluetooth, ipod connect, etc. It rides ok but you can feel all the bumps. The build quality is ok, ive had some issues with the mirrors needing replacement for noise. with the 5 speed it has plenty of power. the seats are very comfortable, but the interior materials do feel a bit cheap.Its a very aggressive, nice looking car. For the price you can't beat it, for just under 13 grand it was a great buy

Bluetooth, ipod connectivity, cool looking gauges and lighting, exterior styling, comfortable seats

less hard plastics in the interior, better cloth for seats, less touchy clutch

I like it
By g

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, accelerates nicely, good gas mileage, stylish design, quiet and smooth ride. Good price. Just bought it, only regret is that it has NO air conditioning, just assumed it would have ac, cold here so I did not have ac on my check list.

Was quite surprised and pleased with the acceleration. The clutch action is nice for a car in this class. Ample trunk space. An auxiliary audio input and two 12V ports.

Steering is odd, hard to characterize, a little stiff on the highway. Blind spot on the drivers side, takes some getting used to.

Love it
By Randy T.

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle approx. 2 weeks ago. I like it a lot! It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's a great car to drive. The day after I bought it, we took it on a trip. We put about 350 miles on the car in 3 days. When I checked the mileage, I couldn't believe it. I was getting 38 mpg! I have since filled the gas tank a 2nd time and still get 38 mpg. This is more than what I anticipated and I'm very happy. The car is comfortable and handles great. I was a little nervous as a first time buyer of a Kia, but so far I'm happy with my purchase. The only item I need to have checked is the outside passenger mirror. There is a whistling coming from it going over 35 mph.

comfortable seats, mileage, roominess

nothing comes to mind

Amazing
By Robert

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Kia has definatly come a long way. This car has amazing handling and great power I did not even realize it was a 4 cylinder. I am 6’2” and have an enormous amount of legroom. Everything in the interior is easily accessible. The look is amazing it will be a great replacement to the Spectra. And 40 MPG can’t ask for anything more.

Where to start it has Siruis Sat., Blue Tooth, and a quiet engine

Not really sure what to improve.