2010 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
great little car
By minotrice on 03/04/14 10:40 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

we bought the ccar used in 2012, since then it has been all over fl and 2 trips to ga. on the hwy i get between 36-41mpg and on the slower back country roads going 55 i get 52mpg. not a single problem with the car the only reason i gave it a 2 for comfort is the front seats are only good for about 150miles anything longer and and they let you know your in an econmy car. the car has good pick up and go too

Good cheap car that runs and drives
By manycarowner on 01/21/14 20:35 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 50,000 miles, 2.0L 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it used. This car has been great. It has been my daily driver for 2 years. I needed cheap, reliable transportation and it fit the bill. Comes with great features and a great warranty. That being said, beware of this cars resale value. I have put about 10,000 miles on it in the 2 years i have owned it and it went from being worth almost $13,000 retail/$10,000 trade to about $7500 retail and $5000 trade. For those who want to buy this car to keep and drive till it dies, it is well worth it. However if you plan on trading it in after a year or two, look away. I wish i hadn't bought it just for that reason alone.

Have to hand it to Kia
By guyonastage on 12/30/13 15:00 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The sport tuned suspension really makes this car fun to drive. It's no sports car by any means, but it is a beautiful blend of fun and practicality. There's a half inch dead spot in the throttle which makes first gear a royal pain, but it's a very simple fix for someone with a little know-how. Even with the mod, the gas pedal is REALLY light and sensitive. It takes a little getting used to. Blue tooth isn't great, but it's there. Back seats have an impressive amount of space for a coupe. Drivers seat sits high and and only raises from the back. Steering wheel controls are great, audio sounds good, interior controls have a comfortable and logical layout. Well done, Kia.

I LOVED my Forte!
By mathwhiz1 on 09/15/13 03:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently traded in my 2010 Kia Forte for a 2013 Nissan Sentra, but I only traded it in because it was high in miles (over 100k). Otherwise I would still be driving it. I was a little leery about buying a Kia, but I was pleasantly surprised. Mine came equipped with all kinds of toys: Bluetooth, Sirius satellite radio. Acceleration was more than ample for passing.

not so bad
By malicioustoast on 04/24/13 15:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2010 forte ex sedan 2.0L 4 cyl automatic. overall, i'd have to say i love this car. traded my nissan titan for this in 2010, and i'm LOVING the gas mileage. now has 26k miles. the exterior and interior both look really nice, and the ride is comfortable. i drive from dallas to corpus almost every other weekend, and it handles like a boss. pick up isn't that great, but that's to be expected with a 2.0. only thing i don't like is this thing is prone to dents. i just leaned on the car and i got a dent on the drivers side door. a girl from my university also hit the passenger door with her purse and dented it, and her purse was freaking tiny lol. despite that, KIA made one nice little car :)

Great car for a great price!
By littleashley on 01/30/13 18:44 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I owned this car for a year, and I loved it! We put 20k miles on it with no problems, and the gas mileage was great.. We made it from San Diego to Phoenix with one tank. The body style is classy, not like the older kia's. The interior also looks extremely nice with leather, and I liked the digital radio and the way it worked with sirius. The car was also fun to drive.. It's only a 4 cyl, so it doesn't have a lot of pick up, but it handles really well. We had to trade in our car because it was difficult getting the car seat in and out of the back, but thats the only reason!

great car
By minotrice on 01/20/13 17:28 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

keeping in mind this is an econmy car not a luxry car, its a great car. quick great on gas, and at 6'4" its very roomy for me. have a few friends that also have this model and they love there as much as i love mine, for the price of these forte's you are geting a great little cat

We are getting excellent value from our sedan
By smulvey on 12/10/12 12:06 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2010 FORTE EX lease car for $ 239 a month with -0- down, -0- first month payment and a $ 400 disposition fee. So our monthly cost for this car is pretty low. We have 20,000 miles on it to date. We just drive 500 miles Sunday Dec 9,2012 and we got somewhere between 32 and 35 MPG. We have Blizzack Snow tires, four adults in the car, limited luggage. We adjusted the seats to get good leg room, we are all 6 foot tall. We have the Automatic 4 speed. The car's equipment all works good. We have had no dealer service. We do oils changes and tire changes. That is all. Our dealer is a dishonest crook. ( Vision Kia of Fairport NY ). He can't change so we just pray for him and hope for best

Buy a donkey not KIA
By jack234 on 08/22/12 21:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this KIA for a year and 1/2. Been in shop more than a dozen times but still have problems with it. Even worst, in the last 1 1/2 year it lost more than $15,000 in value. Payed $19,000 for it in May 2011, it is now August 2012 and the trade in value is at $4,000. The exterior and interior are in great shape. DO NOT BUY KIA you will loose big time. You and american economy.

Great Car
By paulst2419 on 07/19/12 10:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the car in May of 2010 and have nearly 25,000 trouble-free miles on it. It has plenty of pep especially since I have added a few aftermarket parts. I get awesome gas mileage, even in the city. Averaging 28 mixed city and hwy. The paint is kinda crappy though. I've had a few cosmetic warranty issues but they were fixed immediately with no trouble from Kia Corporate or my dealership. $18,750 for a fully loaded car with leather, sun roof, and 17 inch wheels I couldn't be happier. The manual transmission took some getting used to. Overall great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Forte in VA is:

$142 per month*