2014 Kia Cadenza Consumer Review: 2014 Cadenza w/Technology Pack

2014 Kia Cadenza - Consumer Review

2014 Cadenza w/Technology Package
By 6406nb on

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

It has been about three weeks and 1000 miles since I leased this new Cadenza. If someone would have told me 6 months ago I would be driving a Kia, I would have told them they were crazy. But I read about it in some comparison tests and was driving past the dealer, so I randomly stopped to take a look. I was impressed with the aggressive style, and the smoky blue metallic had me hooked. They pulled it right out of the showroom and off we went for a test drive. As a very loyal Toyota and Lexus owner for over 20 years, and the lack of aggressiveness (especially Lexus on the ES) to make a deal pushed me over the line and away I went in the new Cadenza.

Aggressive styling, bling in just the right places and tiger face, 19" wheels, xenon style headlamps that turn with the steering, hushed ride and sound deadening, 500 watt 12 speaker sound system, handling responsiveness, panoramic roof, auto fold in side mirrors that fold out to welcome you when you approach the car, large dual exhausts, build quality and attention to detail, grippy napa leather, soft expensive-feeling headliner material, felt lining in glovebox and center storage compartment, ambient lighting at night, massive LED Audi-style taillamps, useful backup camera and sensors.

"I agree" on the nav screen each time you start (Lexus has figured this out) grab handle above the driver's door, height adjustment and cooling feature for passenger seat, (both of these are on the Azera), Design flaw: Phone does not sync if you are on a call outside of the vehicle then get in start it up and go. You have to hang up and redial to get bluetooth also music streaming does not restart automatically if you make stops- you have to restart the music each time. Toyota nailed these. The laser cruise is not worth it and is annoying; there are no daytime running LEDs as on the Sportage-they would be natural on this model. The speed sensitive audio volume doesn't disconnect.