2014 Kia Cadenza Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cadenza model:
The moron who left Toyota for the 2014 Cadenza
By 6406nb on 03/12/15 19:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Don't get me wrong. I love the HD radio, the heated steering wheel along with the ride & handling. But so many little things have broken or gone wrong--the backup camera, the panoramic sunroof rattling which took 4 tries to fix, the volume control on the steering wheel broke, the sun visor tore, the seat belt stopped retracting, and the bluetooth is frustrating. I leased it thankfully because the value has crashed so to get out with 15 months to go would cost thousands out of pocket. If you love what you are driving don't experiment. Stick with the brand you know. I am now waiting for parts while driving a dodge loaner. It's nauseating. This wasn't the plan. The dealer tries it's best.

terrible road noise
By toretiredron on 01/21/15 08:58 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 6 year old Kia Amanti and a new Kia Cadenza with the optional “Luxury Package”. I have enjoyed driving my Amanti long distances. It is quiet and a pleasure to drive. The Cadenza is Kia’s new luxury car since the Amanti was discontinued. Instead of a quiet ride, the Cadenza has horrible road noise. It sounds as if a window is always partly opened. I called Kia Customer Service (Kelly) to complain that a car branded as a luxury car should be first and foremost a quiet ride. I was told that essentially the car is the way it is supposed to be, that the road noise is my opinion and have a nice day.

Almost one year with Cadenza
By aikonerom on 01/11/15 11:24 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Some problems started early on and some continue. Here is my list of issues: 1. Sunroof button is terrible and way to sensitive - need to redesign. I have had one button replaced. 2. Metal Clanking noise from front end while driving slow. Dealer tightened hood but problem still continues. 3. Intermittent wind noise from drivers side mirror. 4. Bluetooth is buggy. Software was updated November 2014. You must wait 3-4 seconds when using the hands free system. 5. Voice control is annoying. Literally the system yells at you if you talk too soon after hitting the hands free command button. You must wait 3-4 seconds every time you hit the hands free button. Frustrating.

Enjoying my Cadenza Premium
By f1racer24 on 12/26/14 10:37 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my new 2014 Cadenza. Love the room, features and pricing that under cuts the German competition by $10-15K. get the two thumbs up from strangers when driving. Kia has really stepped ups game to go after the large car segment and with hiring the ex-Audi designer, the car looks stunning. If the prestige brand is not a top priority (and this will save tonnes in service cost) Kia (and brother company Hyundai) if the way to go. Great work and looking forward to many years of use. Will update in 6 months time.

four months in
By cmadden on 12/22/14 13:53 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 3 series BMW for my 2014 Kia Cadenza Premium model. This has a much better ride, but is slower off the starting line. The front wheel drive 3.3 liter V6 produces 298 horsepower and 255 ft-lbs of torque. Doesn't belong on a race track, but fine for city driving. The ride in comfortable with above average seating front and rear. Exterior styling bold and is almost identical to their $54,500 K900 model.

So Far I like it!
By jrgleason2003 on 11/19/14 13:30 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I took on a new job that required a lot of travel. I had to get rid of my beloved pickup and downgraded to a Prius. I absolutely hated the prius. Granted it gets great gas mileage but the ride and everything about the car was not comfortable for me. I started researching luxury cars and decided between the Kia Cadenza and the Buick Lacrosse. I really felt the buick was a more comfortable ride, the seats were softer but that is pretty much where the pro's for that car stopped. I settled into the Kia Cadenza Premium w/the luxury package for $27K. I am glad I did as I took a 500 mile trip and really fell in love with that car.

So far so good
By i_love_cars1 on 09/10/14 12:13 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2014 Cadenza in late June and immediately took a 2,500 road trip to California. The Cadenza is a very well behaved sedan that will turn heads and compete with the so-called big boys. I averaged over 30MPG for the trip and power was more than sufficient for my liking. The seats were extremely comfortable and I loved the seat coolers on both front seats, especially as we ventured into the 100+ degree Central Valley. I previously drove a 2002 Audi A6 and was tempted to go that route again, but for $20,000 less, I get fantastic mileage, same creature comfort, a beautifully designed exterior and easy to use electronics. I'll be interested to see how it holds up in the coming years

Great value, but not quite there as a premium car
By shakopeepirate on 07/24/14 15:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a great vehicle, especially with a lot of them still on lots. It's not a rocket but it's fast enough, especially when passing. It's quiet with just a hint of wind noise. I do about 70/30 highway driving and don't go crazy on the gas and still get 27 mpg combined. Most significant disappointment is the stereo/nav system. While the stereo sounds good, it won't blow out any windows. The navigation system needs an overhaul. Directions can be pathetic at times and add unbelievable routes. Maps lose almost all detail after the 700-feet setting and I've had major highway ramps disappear at some resolutions. A great car but still just a pricier Accord or Camry.

Some disappointments
By consumer64 on 06/23/14 13:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The car is unsatisfactory 1) as it does not give the estimated mileage that was advertised on the window sticker and 2) the engine does not have sufficient pickup. 3) The navigation on the car has been giving erroneous directions over the last several months.I took the car to Braman Kia for service. The service advisor is not knowledgeable nor competent. I had taken the car to resolve this problem and for a maintenance (oil change). I asked him if he could take care of both while I went to lunch and come back a few hours later. After I did, neither had been done on the car. The Kia service person did not know how to solve the navigation problem even after I explained how to.

Cadenza-Simply a beautiful car
By achero1 on 04/26/14 11:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Cadenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

KIA of Somersworth is a great local dealership. Brian the Sales MGR does a great job without the heavy sales pitch. I've been looking to trade in my 2013 KIA Optima SX for the new KIA Cadenza. Took the Cadenza for a test drive , the first thing that comes to mind is " what a beautiful car" Through out my initial drive of the Cadenza you just keep saying this is incredible. The interior is nicely appointed with high grade materials. There is a lot of attention to details right down to the stitching of the leather seats. The instruments are easy to use. The Cadenza Premium with a MSRP of 35k comes with a lot of nice features from Navigation heated seats,293HP V6, 18 inch chrome rims,infinity