2009 Kia Borrego Consumer Review: best purchase ever 4x4 8cyl. E

2009 Kia Borrego - Consumer Review

2009 Kia Borrego

EX 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

best purchase ever 4x4 8cyl. EX Limited
By timotheo on

2009 Kia Borrego EX 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was considering an Explorer or 4Runner. The first car has failed everything: price, reliability, comfort handling etc. 4Runner limited is... didn't want to pay for another mortgage. Kia Borrego EX Limited has everything but listed at a great price. After research (and tons of positive reviews) I(6'3") test drove it and was amazed at the vehicle. I have the 8 cyl. It has great turning radius, power, rides smooth, size, comfortable heated seating for 6 or 7, 7,500 towing capacity, BMW transmission & other tons of bells and whistles. I drove it for over 3K with no problems by now. I think the Borrego is a great car for the price. Mileage is 16.7 mpg combined avg but I don’t drive HW much.

Comfort(roomy), power, look and style,heated seats, room for second and 3rd row, price... everything

After I saved tons of money, I bought new Michelins Lattitude Tour tires. The car feels even better now.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By timotheo
on 04/16/12 13:06 PM (PDT)

Update: So far so good. An Average MPG now is 19.6! And it goes up to 19.8 on a free way!The car can drive 420-440 miles on a 20 gallons tank(on a free way)

By timotheo
on 09/09/15 11:04 AM (PDT)

Update 2: I do have 106,000 miles now (after 50k). It's still an amazing vehicle for us. Needs new front breaks and shock absorbent now(which is normal). We have spent Labor day weekend shopping for a new car and we just could not find anything that we would be happy with like with our Borrego. it's 18.1 mpg AVG on a dash...my office mate has 11.0 on his suburban:) but it's could be a driving habit. We were looking at Sorento and Santa Fe but the mpg not much better. Also we have been offered $12k trade in value for it... just FYI. Best regards