Used 2009 Kia Borrego SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Borrego SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Borrego model:

Gotta Great Deal !!
By Tim

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2009 Borrego LX 4WD in Nov 2009 for over $7k off the sticker - gotta a great deal at $22,900. We are overall very pleased with this SUV with the exception of gas mileage (about 16 in town). Hope to see improvement as it breaks in. Also, the last gear in the tranny shifts really late, which makes you feel like it is revving too much under certain driving conditions. It is my understanding that this is normal or was designed that way, but still a little annoying. Overall, LOTS of room and comfort. All back seats fold pretty flat making hauling easy. It is a bit cumbersome getting in the 3rd seat, but the middle seats do slide up pretty far. Handles very well!!

Handles well. Parks Easy. Great Price. Roomy. Warranty. Great Visibility. Plenty of pep.

Better Gas Mileage. Tranny shifting.

Angry....
By luvpaj02

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Borrego for two weeks exactly. Right off the bat, I had to have the radio replaced because the Sirius Satellite Radio portion of the radio did not work. That's fine. Minor glitch. Unfortunately, when the dealership replaced it, they damaged the trim and interior of my vehicle. So now that has to be repaired. Very frustrating, but bearable. However, today, I got into my vehicle and my radio will not even turn on. I am so incredibly frustrated. It is an 80 mile round trip for me to go to the dealership and I resent that this is the FOURTH trip I will have had to make since purchasing the vehicle. I hope that I will have a more positive update in the future.

Great acceleration for the size. Interior comfortable. Standard features are great and we got a great price. Everything else in its class with the features that we purchased were $38,000 plus. But so far, we are paying for the "cheap" price.

At this point, the RADIO. As the dealership informed me that this was a problem they had seen before, maybe Kia should take a closer look.

Excellent SUV
By Arthur

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 4WD six cylinder and I love it. The car is beautiful, fast and strong and the fuel economy is decent. I love the accessories: leather, GPS, power seat memory position, rear sensors, power sun roof, voice command, lots of room, etc. Vehicle handles excellent. My only concern is: as they donít have KIA Dealership in my city I have to drive almost 90 miles to have the periodic maintenance done by KIA.

Navigation and Infinity stereo. V6 is plenty powerful. Lost of room.

Rear window should open. The plastic of the trunk is scratched easily (back of the third row).

First Kia and Impressed
By Ron

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased an LX about a month ago after seeing a newspaper ad. Was looking to buy a slightly used SUV, but was able to buy my new Borrego for only a couple grand more. Out-the-door price was about $24K after rebate and discount. The strong engine and brake perform flawlessly. Transmission, however, sometimes hesitates. Fuel economy is a little disappointing at 16+ MPG (mostly city). The interior is mostly quiet, and ride is good except over rough pavement. It can get jarring, and mine rattles a bit in the back area. All controls are laid out intuitively. I wasn't sure about the red-lit center stack, but it's actually quite soothing at night. Overall, I'm satisfied with Borrego.

*Assist grips at all passenger door pillars and roof. *Plenty of interior lighting. *SAT radio & USB. *Backup sensor. *Press & release lane change signal feature. *Hill assist control. *Turn lights on side mirrors. *Tow hitch cover. *Roomy interior. *Ignition positioned on the dash.

*Tilt back the front head rests a little; understand it's a safety feature but it's very uncomfortable even pushed back. *Automatic headlight on LX. *Eliminate the rigid structure on the front seat cushion sides that presses against your bottom when exiting. *Fine-tune transmission shifting.

Great Value
By draymun

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife. She now has a little over 3k miles on it since purchase. We are pretty happy with the purchase and the value vs. price. Traded in an X5 and Expedition for this vehicle and so far no regrets. Interior is a bit bland and simple but nevertheless is not unappealing. The only complaint we have is that the air conditioning is not as strong as we are use to but does cool the car adequately after a short period of time. If you are planning to use the rear seat, the rear AC would probably be a good option to get.

Standard options on par with much more expensive vehicles. Really holds 7 adults relatively comfortably.

spice up the interior plastics a bit more. stronger AC