2009 Kia Borrego SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Borrego model:
Great value!!!!
By BILLY C on 05/02/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I tried and priced many other SUVs but, the BORREGO is the best deal for the money!!!! You get way more bang for your buck with this baby!! Its has all the comforts of the more expensive bands and drives awsome. I already sold two to other people that saw my Borrego. I spend a lot of time at my job driving around looking and/ or estimating jobs, so comfort is big, my BORREGO is like being in a lounge chair all day!! I would recommend this suv to anyone looking for a superior suv for a rock bottom price!!

Really Under-Rated
By Joe Cunningham on 04/06/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best kept secret on the road.Good mpg(23.5 on recent interstate trip with cruise set @72mph). Comfortable ride,well placed,easy to use controls,vast cargo space with both rear rows down. Handles well,small turning radius, smooth powerfull engine. 5 star safety ratings except a 4 for rollover(it IS a suv). Better mpg than my '91 Cherokee,as much room as my '72 Suburban had,drives and handles better than either did. You do feel bumps in the road,but it doesn't beat you with them. It is after all a true 4wd, not a car. I researched vehicles for 3 years before I finally purchased this. I wanted a U.S. brand,but nothing came close in price,quality, or warranty.

Excellent Value
By 1dukefan on 12/30/08 11:51 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Drove a 1000 mile round trip in the last 4 days. We do this trip at least twice a year and this is the first vehicle we have owned, including a Honda Odyssey that my back doesn't bother me. Very comfortable. Gas mileage varied 21 to 23.5 at 70 to 80 mph. Pretty good for a vehicle this size.

Kia Borrego
By SAHD on 12/28/08 11:37 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Went with the LX for expense and I didn't want leather or the Nav system. Just the basics with 4wd. Totally impressed so far with the mileage (around 20 highway). Handles well and rides very quietly. Very happy with the purchase so far. The true test will be the offroad ability (8.5 inches of ground clearance concerns me). I looked for 4 months in California at multiple different makes and models. My requirements: 4wd with third row seats and room in the back for adults. There are other choices out there; however, the Kia had the best fit for your family. Most importantly, the price was about $10K under the competition and they threw in a 10 year 100K mile warranty on everything.

Very Satisfied
By Rich S. on 12/18/08 20:32 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the 3.8L V6 4 wheel drive on 12/13/2008. I am very glad I made this purchase. I did look at numerous vehicles in this and found the Borrego had more room, more options at a lower overall cost, and had a sharper look to it. I find the ride to be great-much like a car and you sit high like a truck. All controls are easy to find and use. I have the luxury package and rear seat entertainment package for the kids. I recommend this set up and the cost was not bad. Well designed and very comfortable. Third row seating has plenty of foot room and space with comfortable seats. A real pleasure to drive.

Poorly built AC compressor and interior
By Boo Borrego on 12/02/08 10:10 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Interior has a cheap feel, scratches or scuffs easy. AC compressor makes a knocking noise and I only have 3400 miles on the vehicle. I have taken it in for repair twice and of course the noise isn't as loud while it's at KIA so they say it is normal. $27,000 luxury vehicle that makes a knocking noise while going down the road! I was a repeat buyer, but will no longer buy from KIA.

Do yourself a favor
By Franman on 11/17/08 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wife wanted a comfortable and safe suv she could see out of. The Borrego passed with flying colors! This car is a pleasure to drive both in town and on a trip. We put over 1500 miles on it the second week a am totally pleased with this vehicle. Get the EX package, it's a great value. All seams all correctly aligned, outstanding workmanship.

Impressive!
By luvborrego on 10/29/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It exceeded my expectations. Comfortable enough, room & space enough power, interior features and reasonable price. I thought it might be a little rough, but it totally shakes my assumption. This is really smooth and powerful engine. I was impressed! My current mpg is 23 mpg, which is good.

Just what I was looking for.
By LJ on 10/29/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I'm really pleased with my Borrego. It looks great and has all the features I want/need at a great price. People tell me when they take a close look at it that they didn't know Kia made a solid mid-size SUV. The ride is not as smooth as a sedan but much smoother than my pickup truck. My city MPG is holding at 19.5. I haven't been on a highway trip yet.

Great SUV
By Ike on 10/01/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My borrego has truly exceeded my expectations. The nav system is amazing for being an OEM item. I especially like how much space is available when the seats are folded down. Towing = AMAZING. I upgraded from a Jeep Commander. And yes, it is truly an upgrade.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Borrego Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*