2009 Kia Borrego SUV Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Kia Borrego SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Borrego model:
Best Ever
By Patrick on 10/17/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We recently purchased this vehicle because of the value. However, having owned the SUV for almost a month and 2000 miles. I can tell you this is very comparable to past higher value SUV's we owned (Volvo,Mercedes & Ford) This is the second KIA we have owned and the service and reliabilty has been wonderful. I would recommend KIA to anyone, and encourage them to shop KIA, regardless of budget

Great vehicle at a reasonable price
By drallen on 08/25/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a really great vehicle at a great price. Bought the V8 engine and love it..read some complaints on the 6 cylinder and since I tow a boat I wanted the V8 with the 6 speed transmission...works great and almost the same mileage as the 6 cylinder engine...Its a real joy to drive and love the 100,000 mile 10 year power train warranty!! Just got it a week ago so can't speak for reliability so far, but fun to drive...great quality vehicle at a low price..(KIA is giving $3,000.00 off right now) it's really a no brainer...almost bought a Honda Pilot but this is a much better vehicle at a much lower price.

A great vehicle
By Andy on 08/18/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle, really fun to drive on road or off. We upgraded from a RAV4 (too small) and weren't disappointed. Fuel economy improved greatly after a few long highway rides, and the rear fold down seats give lots of storage space for skis, dogs, groceries etc. It handles well in all road conditions, has a really comfortable ride for all passengers, and there is lots of room in the 3rd row seats for adults. We've had a few minor problems - door open sensor, a NOC sensor, programmable seat button doesn't work for position 2 but that's it. My only concern is that I have yet to see any other Borrego's on the road - I know they are out there somewhere, i'll just keep looking....

I LOVE IT!! - Limited V8 4X4
By Deborah SF on 08/17/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had been looking at small to mid-size SUV's for a few years and saw the Borrego in a car show. I fell in love instantly - especially price for what you are getting. Was difficult to find the Limited 4x4 but found place in LA to buy and drove back to SF - was a great way to fully test the car and my initial feelings were confirmed - I love this car!

Great
By Zepyher Rhodes on 08/05/09 21:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Why pay 35K for a premium fuel pathfinder (that's a little smaller) when the safety doesn't even compare. Great car for a great price. I never dreamed in a million years I would own a Kia and now I have one and wouldn't trade it for the world

GREAT WORK KIA
By JERSEY TONY on 08/05/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this truck after extensive research and review reading. Truck is great. Visibility is outstanding. Styling is sharp. Vehicle handles like a car. Only down side is the transmission is definitely gear wrong. Shifts to quick, but what I have found is kia has done this on purpose to help stop people like me from flooring it and wasting all that gas. When truck gets going it has balls. Features that come standard are extensive. Kia good job! I would buy this in a heart beat if I had to do it all over. Such a fun car to drive.

Love it
By Ohio Buyer on 08/04/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have now had the Borrego for 1 week. Great purchase...7,000 off sticker. It is very comfortable and drives well. Traded in a 2001 Land Cruiser and the comfort and features are an upgrade while saving $40,000 on a new new Toyota. Now older and not doing the off-road stuff. This vehicle is very enjoyable.

Auto 10, KIA Number 10
By Towny on 07/12/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Borrego. Everything is perfect except KIA. They did not and refuse to honor their web site presentation. (Dealer was excellent, headquarters not). There logic was some small print that I, to this day have not seen; they have the ability to change or delete features advertised on their website without notice to purchaser. The backup camera, previously included in the package I purchased was, at their discretion, deleted, but the package price was not adjusted. KIA said the package price did not include the camera, but it was listed in the package. I was told the camera was not available until 2010, but now it is in a new model, "limited" that was not even offered.

Stopped Looking!
By drew on 05/27/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is our new vehicle, "our" I mean my wife's. The test drive sold me. I have owned mostly ford products but owned enough other vehicles to know what is quality and what isn't. Borrego is no Mountaineer, the sheet metal could be a little thicker but the horsepower is OK. Anyways, Borrego is tough enough and fun enough for this Northern Minnesota resident.

new to kia
By Dave on 05/23/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic car to drive. Lots of room!!!!! I've received lots of positive remarks from friends and family about the comfort and great ride. Only negative...the rear door hatch only works manually.