Used 2009 Kia Borrego SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Borrego SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Borrego model:

Love my Kia
By Borrego Girl

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the BEST car that we have owned. Nice, sporty, family room!

You would never guess it's a Kia
By Miguel

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased many cars everything from an Audi to a Toyota. I have to say that this Borrego is the best purchase ever. The ride is great (for a truck style frame). Comfort is that of a luxury car. All of the options this Borrego comes with is unbelievable. We looked at everything from a 4Runner to a Acadia. I saved over $10,000 by purchasing this Borrego. The warranty can't be beat. I even got the dealer to throw in the 100,000 Mile bumper to bumper warranty for free. The turning radius is also unbelievable.

Leather seats. Heated seats. USB connection. Power seats. Towing package. 3rd row seating. Sunroof. Steering wheel mounted controls. Dual a/c control for passenger and driver. Rear seats have own a/c control. 18" chrome wheels. Power tilt and telescope steering wheel. Power seats.

I wish it came with a power rear door.

highly satisfied
By beendone

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at suv type vehicles. Also Honda Ridgeline. I had not seen the Borrego advertised. Saw it on the lot. Went back, checked it out. I bought it and it did have a good discount. I am happier so far with this vehicle then any of my past vehicles. 3.8 plenty of power. Does downshifts abruptly when giving it gas. I am getting used to that. Ride good. You know it is a truck type frame over large bumps. This also means it will carry a load with no problem. Dash layout and control are the the best I have seen. Everything is easy to find and use including the radio. I am very satisfied and think they should keep selling it in the USA. When the word get out they will sell.

It has load of room. It is easy to load and unload. It still fits in the garage. It is 2 inches shorter than a Honda Accord 4 door. It is quiet.

Heater fan a little noisy. I am nitpicking.

good to go
By GJ

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We looked for a mid-sized vehicle that could tow a small travel trailer or a couple of motorcycles and bikes. Take everything for a drive and you will come back to the Borrego. It's quiet inside, radio quality is great, lots of standard features, quality through and through. We can take our large German Shepherd and the back has more than enough room for two dogs! This is a vehicle that can haul anything you want, including seven adults! We highly recommend!

Blue tooth and Sirius radio are handy, especially when talking on the cell and driving don't mix! Also enjoy the usb data ports, ipod jack and 115 volt outlet! Towing comes standard on all models of Borrego and the hitch is cleverly hidden by a cover that gives a cleaner look!

Maybe some under the seat map storage although there is plenty of door compartment storage. Borrego does not leave too much out! The name Borrego means Big-horned sheep. We live in Minnesota where we need to be able to go through deep snow and ice. . . this Suv lives up to it's name!

first time kia owner
By royalray

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

good product for the money. a few sounds and clicks from underneath the passenger side when stopped at a light, like a solenoid clicking on and off. esc and downhill light came on and froze the transmission and caused vehicle to drag on two separate incidents , had to turn engine off to shift gears. kia service said contacts needed to be tightened on both occasions. Computer detected a stability problem when non existed... 1,000 miles later all is well. Infinity radio not the best sound quality and only takes one CD

Looks and drives well, memory seat and steering...power! great service from dealer...

very little room for storage when rear seats are in use, maybe a shallow well in rear where tire tools are stored. better radio, rear camera.