Used 2009 Kia Borrego SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Borrego SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Borrego model:

Great bang for buck
By mp

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my kia in august of 09. I was debating between this and the pilot. I have been very happy with it this entire year and have not had a single problem. I get about 17/18 mpg, which is pretty good considering the size of the SUV. Great 3rd row with plenty of leg room for kids, a little tight for adults though. I also added running boards and a nav system for much cheaper than if you buy the limited version that comes with one.

parking assist, lights on the side mirrors, HUGE trunk space, especially if third row folded, ipod input, hill assist (makes sure that when I'm on a hill at a red light with my foot on the break, when I take my foot off the break I don't roll back at all for a few seconds.)blue tooth, great interior

can't think of any

Great SUV
By SC Dan

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

A great SUV with bad timing. Compare this with Honda pilot, Ford explorer, or the pathfinder and you will find that the borrego is inside and out. A better buy. Add to that the warranty and you can't go wrong. I hope Kia brings it back in 2011.

Many lux features at better price. Excellent fit and finish.

Center console could be higher. Headrests could be more adjustable.

Best SUV for the money
By jmark23

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

When comparing the V8 Borrego to other SUVs of this size, it is the best bang for the buck. We picked up a 2009 Borrego EX V8 which was driven by a KIA Rep for 6 months. He put 8,000 miles on it. The sticker price was $37,415 we paid $24,700 plus tax and title. Overall, very pleased. Strong acceleration, luxurious accommodations, great build quality. The suspension on ours is not to stiff for us. All in all, the best vehicle that I have ever had to date.

Cheaper navigation updates.

Borrego EX V6
By Sand Man

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was coming out of a Leased Chevrolet Silverado and wanted to find a good buy on another lease. This was the ticket. I love the ride, pick up and the towing capability. I have had the SUV for a year and have yet to see another one on the road. I like that. I test drove the V8 but it has some lag in the take off. The V6 doesn't have any lag. It will put you back in your seat. I don't drive it hard just nice to know that the power is there when you need it.

USB and IPOD inputs Leather seats. Heated seats. Power seats. Towing package. 3rd row seating. Steering wheel mounted controls. Dual a/c control Power tilt and telescope steering wheel. Second row seats adjustable forward and back and slight recline.

Turn signal sometimes wont move to center position to turn off. Down hill light has come on twice and call dealer they said it could be a tail light out? Turned off car and turn back on light went off. Glad to see they are putting the carpet on the third row seat backs for free.

Borrego a best buy!
By DMILL

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After tracking down some that a dealer (3 hours away) still had on the lot, purchased it and drove 2000 miles in the mountains on vacation. Powerful, comfortable and easy to navigate. Tight turn radius and the other features make a Borrego better than what Ford, Chevy, Nissan, etc. have to offer. Have read that kia is bringing it back for 2011, an Oct/Nov 2010 release, hope this is true because this is truly a fine SUV. Warranty makes this a slam-dunk!

Back-up warning, power, interior comfort, safety features

An opening rear window, that's it.