2009 Kia Borrego SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Kia Borrego SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Borrego model:
Love my Kia
By Borrego Girl on 04/14/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the BEST car that we have owned. Nice, sporty, family room!

You would never guess it's a Kia
By Miguel on 04/14/10 17:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased many cars everything from an Audi to a Toyota. I have to say that this Borrego is the best purchase ever. The ride is great (for a truck style frame). Comfort is that of a luxury car. All of the options this Borrego comes with is unbelievable. We looked at everything from a 4Runner to a Acadia. I saved over $10,000 by purchasing this Borrego. The warranty can't be beat. I even got the dealer to throw in the 100,000 Mile bumper to bumper warranty for free. The turning radius is also unbelievable.

highly satisfied
By beendone on 03/11/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at suv type vehicles. Also Honda Ridgeline. I had not seen the Borrego advertised. Saw it on the lot. Went back, checked it out. I bought it and it did have a good discount. I am happier so far with this vehicle then any of my past vehicles. 3.8 plenty of power. Does downshifts abruptly when giving it gas. I am getting used to that. Ride good. You know it is a truck type frame over large bumps. This also means it will carry a load with no problem. Dash layout and control are the the best I have seen. Everything is easy to find and use including the radio. I am very satisfied and think they should keep selling it in the USA. When the word get out they will sell.

good to go
By GJ on 02/25/10 15:18 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We looked for a mid-sized vehicle that could tow a small travel trailer or a couple of motorcycles and bikes. Take everything for a drive and you will come back to the Borrego. It's quiet inside, radio quality is great, lots of standard features, quality through and through. We can take our large German Shepherd and the back has more than enough room for two dogs! This is a vehicle that can haul anything you want, including seven adults! We highly recommend!

first time kia owner
By royalray on 02/15/10 07:42 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

good product for the money. a few sounds and clicks from underneath the passenger side when stopped at a light, like a solenoid clicking on and off. esc and downhill light came on and froze the transmission and caused vehicle to drag on two separate incidents , had to turn engine off to shift gears. kia service said contacts needed to be tightened on both occasions. Computer detected a stability problem when non existed... 1,000 miles later all is well. Infinity radio not the best sound quality and only takes one CD

Much to like overall
By D & K on 02/01/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had just traded in my beloved Escape for another when hubby totalled his Vue. Didn't know what to get with so many automakers in financial trouble. He discovered the Borrego and was hooked Unfortunately for him, it had all the features I wanted but didn't get on the Escape so now it's mine. Travel weekly Tampa-Orlando-Tampa and the ride is great especially w/ 6 CD for audio books. Few relatively minor problems include: downhill & ESC changed on their own a few times; SIRRUS reverts to weather channel when mode is changed; hwy gas mileage much less than expected; front passenger seat not as comfortable as drivers; a/c cabin air often unpleasant. Daughter just bought 08 Optima & very happy.

wow so this is a kia!!!!
By reese on 01/31/10 16:49 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this kia yesterday after hearing about the mark downs on 09 models. It stickered 4 33,075 but got it out the door for 26,000! I'm very impressed with this vehicle so far, the interor is very Nice and the look is awsome! The v6 has great power on the highway just Punch it even v8 suv's can't touch it! Only gripe is the low end torque and weird shift points of the automatic but other than that its just what my family needed. Go get one you won't be disappointed!

Outstanding Value and Quality
By rons on 01/28/10 12:17 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned my 2009 Borrego for a year and both my wife and I are still amazed at the quality of this car. It replace a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer and other than the automatic placement of personal setting via the key fob it is equal to or greater than the Mercury. Have had NO PROBLEMS since we purchased it. Great SUV, Great PRICE AND WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THE WARRANTY.

Tows 5000# Towing-Buyer Be Ware
By LesC on 01/24/10 05:41 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Borrego SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The 5000# towing capacity is only good if the trailer has brakes. 1650# max without trailer brakes. If you buy one to tow a 3500# trailer without brakes, you will wind up putting out $400 or more adding brakes to you trailer. Don't beleive me? Look at the manual. That's the only place I found it.

excellant Car
By Dan on 01/17/10 14:37 PM (PST)

All Around great car. A little rough over pot holes