It's a Sleeper
By simickua on
2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
I was an emergency vehicle instructor for many years. I have driven every type of ambulance and police pursuit vehicle. Wow, impressed with the Amanti. I don't think the sales guy had too much fun when I gave it a few tests before we bought it, but I wanted to know what the car would do under extremes. In an empty lot I made my wife and salesman want to get out! Power? 270 hp+torque! It's a sleeper and I clocked it at 0 to 60 in 6 sec. No joke! Cornered perfect at high speeds nice and tight, easy 360 tight turn, reverse is clear in the mirrors. No dead spots etc. The car does not do big bumps. Inside-everything you would expect in more expensive models of it's kind. Luxury-speed-warranty=win!
Favorite Features
Handling at high speeds. Power and torque with dual exhaust. Automatic Drive with speed shifter. Nine speaker sound system-Amplified, Infinity. Comfort, lots of gadgets and trunk space. Plenty of extras. Reminds me of the old GTO. Grandma's Car with all the fun stuff, but a week end racer.
Suggested Improvements
Shock Bound and Rebound, car doesn't like bumps. Turbo might help the mileage with a larger exhaust system. Side panel ergonomics. Buttons should be clear enough, not to take your eyes off the road to work them. Better Mag Wheels and I am not a big fan of Airbags everywhere? All together car is a 9