Used 2008 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Outstanding Value!
By Jagnomore

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a Lincoln LS and Jaguar S- Type. Both have had their issues. The Amanti is hands down a better riding and quieter machine than both; with more features. Recently returned from a 500 mile trip and got 26-27 mpg overall with outstanding ride. Superb power, extremely comfortable and user friendly interior. Unique styling that does NOT look like everything else on the road. And, best of all-- this car only had 2k miles but paid less than 60% of original price. Undoubtedly the best riding car yet. KIA has done a superb job in building this machine; I was a little reluctant to purchase the brand, but glad I did.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, extremely comfortable leather seating, numerous features and thousands below others in cost. Love the paint, dark wine that looks like black in shade, metallic burgandy in sun--very unusual.

Suggested Improvements

Nav system

Don't Think I would buy another one
By Kim

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The car is alright, but don't think I would spend $30K to buy another one. I have the loaded, leather and all the bells and whistles. Originally when I purchased, I was driving 50K miles a year and wanted some car around me on the highway, now that I only drive 12K - 15K, I don't like the car nearly as well. I will look for another car which is smaller, has all the bells and whistles and gets better than 20 mpg

Suggested Improvements

I still haven't been able to get the garage door opener to work from the rear view mirror, nobody could tell me and there is nothing in the owners book. Don't like the transmission, too choppy when shifting

extended review
By herb45

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

update.after 17000 miles,i have realized that this car i lousy around town,both in ride & quietness,but take her on the highway,away from the virginia beach roads,and she shines.highway mileage is around 30mpg,but the ride in city driving is not even on par with cadillac.all rattles have pretty much disappeared,but still concerned with the ride which tends to turn harsh over sharp bumps.i thought this was a luxury car????????? the power is great,but the tranny seems to hesitate at times,unless you use the manual gate.

Favorite Features

interior design,stereo,highway ride,feel very safe

Suggested Improvements

smooth out the city ride against the rough stuff(kumho tires?),better paint quality,use real wood inside instead of plastic.also,use real metal instead of painted plastic

Overlooked Excellence
By bmw3nate

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

For whatever reason these cars seem to be few and far between. I have always owned German, but this past weekend, I borrowed my mother's 2008 Amanti for a short road trip. The car did amazingly well cruising on the highway. Very roomy and comfortable with very supple leather interior. The air conditioning works great, and the ride was very soft without being too boat-like. The best part of the trip was when I calculated the gas mileage to be 26 mpg, which for such a large sedan with such power seemed excellent. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable and reliable car. The dealership has been great for service and the warranty is outstanding!

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, leather seating, fit and finish, Infinity sound system, gas mileage, warranty

Suggested Improvements

None

We love ours!
By Pastor Mike

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking at cars to replace our Lincoln LS we gave our son for graduation. When my wife saw this new 2008 left over Amanti she said "let's drive this one". The sticker was $32,000 with every available option so I told salesman we didn't want to spend so much. He said "BIG discounts" so I said ok let's drive. My wife and I both loved what we saw and drove so we went home with it. We now have about 6,500 miles and am very happy with our purchase. We are getting 27.5 mpg on highway and are averaging 23.5 overall driving. We have had no problems with the car and plan to drive it till the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Buttery leather interior. Great power. Rides like floating on cloud. We love the looks of the car. Seems like a much more expensive car. 10yr 100,000 mile warranty. One of the few car companies that is still increasing in car sales so should be around to honor warranty.

Suggested Improvements

GPS should be an available option. Satellite radio should be an option. Radio antena in back window is insufficient for good am radio reception. Other than these suggested improvements we love the car.