Used 2008 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Amanti Sedan

Base 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

What a shame they dropped the Amanti
By sivled

2008 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am 65 yrs. old so I have owned all kinds of cars both new and used and I was never really happy until now. I have bought american cars for decades until they became to expensive. My wife says new cars are the only way to go. Anyway in 2008 I bought a car I had never heard of and a dealer I knew very little about except for all the people I spoke to . They raved about their 2008 Kia Amanti so I saw oe in a dealer and fell in love with the design. Anyway we bought this Amanti and I am thrilled I did. My car has super confort and a very quiet interior. It has great pick up and a 3.8. v6 engine. I may never trade it. My wife bought a 2010 Kia Sorento . We love both.

Favorite Features

I love the power on the highways and fast pick up. It rides quiet and has leg room in the back to spare. The power front seats that are heated are also a plus. From the front it looks like a Benz. I do plan on keeping this baby for a while because it fits my every want in a car. To bad Kia quit making the Amanti.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milege, AND THATS ABOUT IT.

It's a Sleeper
By simickua

2008 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was an emergency vehicle instructor for many years. I have driven every type of ambulance and police pursuit vehicle. Wow, impressed with the Amanti. I don't think the sales guy had too much fun when I gave it a few tests before we bought it, but I wanted to know what the car would do under extremes. In an empty lot I made my wife and salesman want to get out! Power? 270 hp+torque! It's a sleeper and I clocked it at 0 to 60 in 6 sec. No joke! Cornered perfect at high speeds nice and tight, easy 360 tight turn, reverse is clear in the mirrors. No dead spots etc. The car does not do big bumps. Inside-everything you would expect in more expensive models of it's kind. Luxury-speed-warranty=win!

Favorite Features

Handling at high speeds. Power and torque with dual exhaust. Automatic Drive with speed shifter. Nine speaker sound system-Amplified, Infinity. Comfort, lots of gadgets and trunk space. Plenty of extras. Reminds me of the old GTO. Grandma's Car with all the fun stuff, but a week end racer.

Suggested Improvements

Shock Bound and Rebound, car doesn't like bumps. Turbo might help the mileage with a larger exhaust system. Side panel ergonomics. Buttons should be clear enough, not to take your eyes off the road to work them. Better Mag Wheels and I am not a big fan of Airbags everywhere? All together car is a 9

Lousy ride & quality
By herb45

2008 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I totally love this car on a trip, but take it in the city, and the ride is harsh & lumpy, to say the least. The dash rattles are everywhere at this point, so I just turn up the stereo. The hwy mileage is very good. The brakes are terrible, and the transmission lurches when cold !

Favorite Features

Infinity stereo, sunroof, power

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality & ride! For a 31,000 car, you have to do better to compete with other cars in this class. This will be my last Kia !

Amanti upgrade
By CapeKia

2008 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We just traded in my wife's 06' Amanti for an 08'. We were very happy with her 06', but I was a bit uneasy that hers was no longer under warranty since it had just over 50K on it. Her father has the same exact car and was beginning to have some issues (catalytic converter) and had already had the lower end of the engine replaced - all under warranty. We found the 08' with 16K so it still has the remainder of the 5yr/60K warranty left. The car is a completely different animal from it's predecessor! Love the new ride, power and interior style! I also would have liked to see real metal inside rather than the plastic on the interior finish. Just ordered the Opirus numbers and oval badge!

Favorite Features

New found power and tight handling! Leather seats and new interior colors. Warranty,Warranty,Warranty!

Suggested Improvements

Better materials inside rather than plastic.

3rd & final update
By herb45

2008 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

this is a follow-up to my 17000 mile review.after taking my car to the dealer in chesapeake,the service department found that my car came with m&s tires,which have a stiffer compound.can anyone else tell me if their car came with the same tire? khumho solus 225 kh16 m&s.kia corporate tells me they can't understand why these tires are on my car,and will be calling me this coming week to help find a solution.i will be greatful for anything they can do.my highway mileage still peeks between 29- 33.to anyone having problems with kia corporate,i find that quite hard to believe,as they have always been very helpful to me.

Favorite Features

love the infinity stereo,heated seats,sunroof,pearl white color w/tan leather

Suggested Improvements

please put regular tires on all cars to improve ride.also,use better paint to resist chipping