2008 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
What a shame they dropped the Amanti
By sivled on 08/30/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am 65 yrs. old so I have owned all kinds of cars both new and used and I was never really happy until now. I have bought american cars for decades until they became to expensive. My wife says new cars are the only way to go. Anyway in 2008 I bought a car I had never heard of and a dealer I knew very little about except for all the people I spoke to . They raved about their 2008 Kia Amanti so I saw oe in a dealer and fell in love with the design. Anyway we bought this Amanti and I am thrilled I did. My car has super confort and a very quiet interior. It has great pick up and a 3.8. v6 engine. I may never trade it. My wife bought a 2010 Kia Sorento . We love both.

It's a Sleeper
By simickua on 04/09/10 00:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was an emergency vehicle instructor for many years. I have driven every type of ambulance and police pursuit vehicle. Wow, impressed with the Amanti. I don't think the sales guy had too much fun when I gave it a few tests before we bought it, but I wanted to know what the car would do under extremes. In an empty lot I made my wife and salesman want to get out! Power? 270 hp+torque! It's a sleeper and I clocked it at 0 to 60 in 6 sec. No joke! Cornered perfect at high speeds nice and tight, easy 360 tight turn, reverse is clear in the mirrors. No dead spots etc. The car does not do big bumps. Inside-everything you would expect in more expensive models of it's kind. Luxury-speed-warranty=win!

Lousy ride & quality
By herb45 on 03/05/10 13:55 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I totally love this car on a trip, but take it in the city, and the ride is harsh & lumpy, to say the least. The dash rattles are everywhere at this point, so I just turn up the stereo. The hwy mileage is very good. The brakes are terrible, and the transmission lurches when cold !

Amanti upgrade
By CapeKia on 01/03/10 17:53 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We just traded in my wife's 06' Amanti for an 08'. We were very happy with her 06', but I was a bit uneasy that hers was no longer under warranty since it had just over 50K on it. Her father has the same exact car and was beginning to have some issues (catalytic converter) and had already had the lower end of the engine replaced - all under warranty. We found the 08' with 16K so it still has the remainder of the 5yr/60K warranty left. The car is a completely different animal from it's predecessor! Love the new ride, power and interior style! I also would have liked to see real metal inside rather than the plastic on the interior finish. Just ordered the Opirus numbers and oval badge!

3rd & final update
By herb45 on 01/02/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

this is a follow-up to my 17000 mile review.after taking my car to the dealer in chesapeake,the service department found that my car came with m&s tires,which have a stiffer compound.can anyone else tell me if their car came with the same tire? khumho solus 225 kh16 m&s.kia corporate tells me they can't understand why these tires are on my car,and will be calling me this coming week to help find a solution.i will be greatful for anything they can do.my highway mileage still peeks between 29- 33.to anyone having problems with kia corporate,i find that quite hard to believe,as they have always been very helpful to me.

Outstanding Value!
By Jagnomore on 11/29/09 14:04 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a Lincoln LS and Jaguar S- Type. Both have had their issues. The Amanti is hands down a better riding and quieter machine than both; with more features. Recently returned from a 500 mile trip and got 26-27 mpg overall with outstanding ride. Superb power, extremely comfortable and user friendly interior. Unique styling that does NOT look like everything else on the road. And, best of all-- this car only had 2k miles but paid less than 60% of original price. Undoubtedly the best riding car yet. KIA has done a superb job in building this machine; I was a little reluctant to purchase the brand, but glad I did.

Don't Think I would buy another one
By Kim on 11/24/09 11:46 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The car is alright, but don't think I would spend $30K to buy another one. I have the loaded, leather and all the bells and whistles. Originally when I purchased, I was driving 50K miles a year and wanted some car around me on the highway, now that I only drive 12K - 15K, I don't like the car nearly as well. I will look for another car which is smaller, has all the bells and whistles and gets better than 20 mpg

extended review
By herb45 on 10/31/09 03:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

update.after 17000 miles,i have realized that this car i lousy around town,both in ride & quietness,but take her on the highway,away from the virginia beach roads,and she shines.highway mileage is around 30mpg,but the ride in city driving is not even on par with cadillac.all rattles have pretty much disappeared,but still concerned with the ride which tends to turn harsh over sharp bumps.i thought this was a luxury car????????? the power is great,but the tranny seems to hesitate at times,unless you use the manual gate.

Overlooked Excellence
By bmw3nate on 07/26/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

For whatever reason these cars seem to be few and far between. I have always owned German, but this past weekend, I borrowed my mother's 2008 Amanti for a short road trip. The car did amazingly well cruising on the highway. Very roomy and comfortable with very supple leather interior. The air conditioning works great, and the ride was very soft without being too boat-like. The best part of the trip was when I calculated the gas mileage to be 26 mpg, which for such a large sedan with such power seemed excellent. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable and reliable car. The dealership has been great for service and the warranty is outstanding!

We love ours!
By Pastor Mike on 05/28/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking at cars to replace our Lincoln LS we gave our son for graduation. When my wife saw this new 2008 left over Amanti she said "let's drive this one". The sticker was $32,000 with every available option so I told salesman we didn't want to spend so much. He said "BIG discounts" so I said ok let's drive. My wife and I both loved what we saw and drove so we went home with it. We now have about 6,500 miles and am very happy with our purchase. We are getting 27.5 mpg on highway and are averaging 23.5 overall driving. We have had no problems with the car and plan to drive it till the wheels fall off.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.