2007 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )
Fantastic car for ANY price
By Matthew on 10/26/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car replaces a well-loved 1994 Mercedes C280, so I have to admit I was skeptical at first about buying a Kia. I didn't think anything could compete with my beloved Mercedes. Boy was I wrong! The first thing you notice about the car is its unique look. Too many cars today look exactly alike and I've learned that if a car is 'streamlined,' that's code for BORING. The looks may not be for everyone, but they're definitely not boring... The fit and finish are superb, interior design tasteful and it has a smooth powerplant. As for 'fun to drive,' it may not appeal to a 20-something bachelor, but for someone approaching 40 with a family, it's very comfortable.

great car for price
By john zimmaro on 07/01/09 20:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I get 27 mpg hwy handles great comfort seating display panel user friendly. handles nice at 120mph.radio controles on steering wheel is nice and very nice radio/speakers. roomy rear seating area. large trunk. hidden atenna nice

Update
By Greg from Omaha on 06/25/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Update six month in. No mechanical issues to date, love it more now than when I purchased. I recently rode in a Lincoln Town Car - the Lincoln was not as quite, not as smooth, and was not as nice as the Kia. If you are looking for a Lexus or Cadillac at firesale prices, this is the one!

My Silver Rocket
By Avi on 04/27/09 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Amanti primarily for my wife in January 2008. The Amanti I bought was slightly used with 10,300 miles at the time of purchase. We traded in my wife's 2001 Buick Century. Although she loved her Century, it could not compare to the 2007 Amanti. The Amanti rides as well as or better than a Buick Lucerne or Park Avenue, and goes like a rocket. I have never driven such a luxurious riding car with such power. The car had to be returned to the dealer for two minor defects; but other than that, it is rock solid with excellent quality. Anyone that drives a 2007, 2008, or 2009 Amanti with the 264 hoursepower engine will LOVE it.

It's been a year now since my purchase
By Jim on 04/03/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a year now since my purchase and I'm still a fan of the Amanti. Love the vehicle and it's reliability. I'm getting low mileage around the city but 80% of my driving is just that. City 15.8 MPG .. but on the highway I get a strong 34 MPG. I traded my lincoln continental in for this vehicle and was nervous about my choice. I went with the Amanti for value and warranty. I'm glad I did. I've not regretted my decision yet - in fact wonder how I got so smart. This car is just flat out fun to drive and has everything in it an on it I ever had with my lincolns. Especially satisfied with winter driving - electronic stability control is great. Check out the Amanti befor you buy anything.

What a Steal!
By Greg from Omaha on 02/20/09 11:27 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used with 22,000 miles and loaded with leather, sunroof, alloys, etc. For the used owner car comes with 6 yr/60K full warranty. If you are looking for a BMW this is not your car, but if you want a Towncar-like ride on the interstate this is it. Lexus-quality interior, massive trunk and back seat, extremely fast, so quiet you won't hardly know it is running. I am getting 25 MPG with 80% highway, 20% city, far better than I expected for the size and speed the car offers. The car is a little quirky looking, but you don't see many and it sticks out in the crowd. Also, front-wheel drive and handles like a tank in the snow.

surprisingly good
By kickboyface on 10/11/08 02:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

rented one of these for a week on a trip to las vegas based solely on the prompting of the counter clerk - "they're REALLY nice." she was completely right. fun. powerful. fast. loaded with features. i rented a Cadillac a few days later and this car was REMARKABLY better. if i was ever in this type of car market, i'd buy a used one in a heartbeat (they have terrible residual value and it's a spectacular car) -- you could get it for a steal.

Luxury Value and Good MPG
By Chuck on 08/24/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Amanti because I wanted a comfortable car with all the options without a high price tag. I have owned Mercedes, Lincoln and Cadillac and find this car very satisfying. As others have said, it doesn't have the "road handling" of a Euro car, but it amazingly fast and solid feeling. My trip computer consistently records 27.5 MPG on the highway at 70 miles per hour. I couldn't believe it myself. This is my second KIA and I will buy a third.

Impressed
By MHall on 08/20/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven Caddy's, Lincoln's, Olds and number of other family style autos. The Amanti beats them hands down, the car drives and rides very smooth, no road or wind noise. Have had zero problems at 38k miles. The car is loaded with every option and performs great.I get compliments all the time, the rear end looks like a Lincoln and the front between a Benz and a Jag. Avg 19.5 MPG mixed HWY & CITY. Would recommend car to anyone who is looking for a solid built, smooth riding automobile with ALL the safety feature.

Can't Believe I Bought a KIA-But Glad
By HappyKIAOwner on 06/18/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a Caddy for 190,000 miles and loved it. Went to buy another and saw this bright silver like new KIA Amanti next to it. Carmax salesman said give it a drive--best value on the market for a full size sedan. And he was right. Have only owned it a month-- but already taken a couple of 800 mile trips. Great ride and performance. Great gas mileage and uses regular gas. Have a bad back and the lumbar support and adjustability was fantastic. Sound system blew me away. Wife was skeptical at first-- but after driving it a couple of times she said hmmm! Trust me that is a big compliment. Can't believe KIA is marketing this car harder,

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.