Used 2007 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Fantastic car for ANY price
By Matthew

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car replaces a well-loved 1994 Mercedes C280, so I have to admit I was skeptical at first about buying a Kia. I didn't think anything could compete with my beloved Mercedes. Boy was I wrong! The first thing you notice about the car is its unique look. Too many cars today look exactly alike and I've learned that if a car is 'streamlined,' that's code for BORING. The looks may not be for everyone, but they're definitely not boring... The fit and finish are superb, interior design tasteful and it has a smooth powerplant. As for 'fun to drive,' it may not appeal to a 20-something bachelor, but for someone approaching 40 with a family, it's very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, powerful engine, FEATURES GALORE!

Suggested Improvements

Slightly better mileage and a little tighter steering. Folding rear seat.

great car for price
By john zimmaro

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I get 27 mpg hwy handles great comfort seating display panel user friendly. handles nice at 120mph.radio controles on steering wheel is nice and very nice radio/speakers. roomy rear seating area. large trunk. hidden atenna nice

Favorite Features

leather seats,radio(infinety),trunk space,user friendly dash,user friendly controls on steering wheel,great handling at higher speeds

Suggested Improvements

full size spare,gps,better responce when passing its a little slow going in to passing gear,tinted windows should be standard,

Update
By Greg from Omaha

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Update six month in. No mechanical issues to date, love it more now than when I purchased. I recently rode in a Lincoln Town Car - the Lincoln was not as quite, not as smooth, and was not as nice as the Kia. If you are looking for a Lexus or Cadillac at firesale prices, this is the one!

Favorite Features

Smooth and quiet ride, wonderful quality on the inside

Suggested Improvements

Update the look.

My Silver Rocket
By Avi

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Amanti primarily for my wife in January 2008. The Amanti I bought was slightly used with 10,300 miles at the time of purchase. We traded in my wife's 2001 Buick Century. Although she loved her Century, it could not compare to the 2007 Amanti. The Amanti rides as well as or better than a Buick Lucerne or Park Avenue, and goes like a rocket. I have never driven such a luxurious riding car with such power. The car had to be returned to the dealer for two minor defects; but other than that, it is rock solid with excellent quality. Anyone that drives a 2007, 2008, or 2009 Amanti with the 264 hoursepower engine will LOVE it.

Favorite Features

Electronic Stability Control, memory seats, automatic climate control, and wonderful, powerful motor.

It's been a year now since my purchase
By Jim

2007 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a year now since my purchase and I'm still a fan of the Amanti. Love the vehicle and it's reliability. I'm getting low mileage around the city but 80% of my driving is just that. City 15.8 MPG .. but on the highway I get a strong 34 MPG. I traded my lincoln continental in for this vehicle and was nervous about my choice. I went with the Amanti for value and warranty. I'm glad I did. I've not regretted my decision yet - in fact wonder how I got so smart. This car is just flat out fun to drive and has everything in it an on it I ever had with my lincolns. Especially satisfied with winter driving - electronic stability control is great. Check out the Amanti befor you buy anything.

Favorite Features

I was driving one day and the tire pressure light came on - tire pressure low right front - checked it out and sure enough a nice nail in the tire. I was just about to pull out onto the highway when I caught the light. Great feature.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see some more toys like sync, GPS, compass ... otherwise it's all there.