2006 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
Great Value for Good Car
By Harry on 09/19/06 14:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the looks of the Amanti. Sound system is great and it is very comfortable to drive. Have driven 900 miles in one day and arrived feeling pretty good. Gas mileage OK on highway (around 24 at 70) but sucks gas around town (17). I saw review about chips in paint and have several on my white Amanti. Paint may be fragile but pearl white is gorgeous. Steering is a little numb and throttle could be a little more linear. Ride is comfortable but cheap tires are noisy and stiff. Ride motions need to be better damped without being harsher. Love the way the interior looks. One warranty claim to replace master brake cylinder at 2 days and that is it.

Kia Amanti...The Korean Rolls Royce
By Thomasine Carrington on 09/08/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like a Rolls Royce used to look. Drives like a dream. Has every gadget known to mankind. Free roadside service for 10 years (think it is 10). We haven't needed any. People stop to look at it when it is parked.

Excellent
By Don Arsenault on 08/26/06 05:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great looking, handles well. Mileage could be a little better for a 6 cylinder. Overdrive could use a little improvement. Overall rating best bang for the buck and excellent warranty. Would recommend to everyone looking for a beautiful car with a reasonable price.

Great Value for the $$$$$
By nick on 08/03/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent value for the money. Build quality and amenities compare favorably with much more expensive cars and I've had no warranty issues over the first 15K miles. People regularly comment on its sharp appearance and attractive lines. Best car I've ever owned.

service has been poor
By Linda Leary on 07/26/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had front end problems since I bought this car. The transmission is going. The tires on my car are poor quality. The car needs some TLC. This could be a great car if the Kia people would take an interest in this car. It has a great body with good mileage. They need to fix the little things that give you an upset stomach. The car is new it should act that way.

Lemon
By JK on 07/26/06 20:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a run-away Amanti. It also stops for no reason, and all the bells and warning lights come on. Dealer can't duplicate problems, so thinks I don't have a problem. They have had it 5 times now, and the last time over a week. I don't feel safe driving this car, but doubt the dealer will replace it. I'm at the point where hiring a lawyer will be my next step. I'm really surprised with my State Farm insurance agent who seem unconcerned that the car takes off on its own. Love the comfort and ride, just can't trust the safety. Also the paint keeps chipping. Wonder if anyone else has these problems with the KIA Amanti?

Happy Amanti Owner
By Ed on 07/25/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I have ever owned. Very happy with this car. Unbelievable quality and features. It is as good or better than a Benz, BMW, Jag, etc.

Nice interior but poor handling
By Jeremy on 07/08/06 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a nice comfortable car from the inside. Very spacious. Quiet engine.

The best we have owned
By mary on 06/07/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our stylish new car. We have received many compliments on the style. It is very comfortable with a nice zip to it. We are very happy with it.

06 Kia Amanti - It's amazing....
By new car guy on 05/16/06 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Some of the features of the trip computer are useless such as the elapsed driving time. Having a fluid systems status check would be more useful and why didn't Kia think to integrate a compass into the trip computer; that would have been useful too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.