Used 2006 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

Kia still has a lot of work to do
By aubbon

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This 2006 Kia Amanti was a replacement for a 2005 Amanti which had many problems starting with a transmission that was replaced. The dealer replaced the vehicle with the 2006 and from the very first day I experienced the same problems as with the 05 model with the addition of having the engine light come, intermittent lurching and lose of power. The vehicle spent most of February at the dealership at which point I was offered a Mitsubishi in a straight trade, which was declined. I am now in the process of arbitration to have the manufacturer buy back this vehicle as we do not have a lemon law in Canada.

Fully equipped vehicle and comfortable on long trips.

Quality control on computer modules. If problems persist on a number of vehicles, manufacturer should recall.

Amanti - Take II
By Billh6

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoyed my '04 Amanti so much that I traded for a pre-owned '06. I still love it.

I like the exterior color; grey with burgundy metallic.

Compass on rearview mirror.

Kia
By cartman1

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was not considering the Kia Amanti until I saw it on the road over and over again. I've had mine for almost 6 months and have driven it from FL to MD. twice. What a joy it is to drive. I have a Mercedes Benz as well, but I enjoy the Kia as much, if not more, on the open road.

The seating and steering are very good. I really like the interior design and the instrument arrangement.

A few more horsepower might be helpful.

Dangerous to drive
By wolley segap

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Amanti has severe problems with acceleration. The car will lunge forward or backwards when taking off. I have had the car in the shop many times and Kia says they are aware of the problem but does not have a fix. It was declared a lemon by the Arizona lemon law and replaced with a 2006 model Amanti. The 2006 has the same problems. Now I have to start all over again to try to solve the problem.

The interior looks.

With all the engineers it seems to me that they could come up with a fix for a dangerous problem. It has happened to the 2004, 2005 and 2006 models.

I don't need a Three blade Star
By Fred Fleming

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Amanti is a very comfortable car. I traded a 1999 Lincoln Town Car with a lot of interior room for the Amanti and I find it has as much interior room as the Town Car. The controls are well placed and I especially like the adjustable REAR seats for my passengers. I have the option that allows the windows to darken in the sunlight. OK, I personally don't like the rear view mirrors tilting down when I put it in Reverse. But, my wife does, so to keep her happy, I can always move the mirrors up with the controls then hit the seat memory button when I go back to forward gears and they come back in place. What I go through to keep the wife happy. She likes the car as well as I do.

Comfort and feeling of a really high end vehicle for a reasonable price. A lot of car for the money. Favorite feature? There are so many I cannot pick a favorite. Adjustable rear seats, 8 way driver's seat, 6 way passenger, dual air conditioning, great sound system with the Infinity package.

A louder horn. Seriously! The horn sounds like one of those on a kiddie steering wheel. I can not think of anything I would improve. I really like the ride, styling, fit and finish.