2006 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
Kia still has a lot of work to do
By aubbon on 03/12/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This 2006 Kia Amanti was a replacement for a 2005 Amanti which had many problems starting with a transmission that was replaced. The dealer replaced the vehicle with the 2006 and from the very first day I experienced the same problems as with the 05 model with the addition of having the engine light come, intermittent lurching and lose of power. The vehicle spent most of February at the dealership at which point I was offered a Mitsubishi in a straight trade, which was declined. I am now in the process of arbitration to have the manufacturer buy back this vehicle as we do not have a lemon law in Canada.

Amanti - Take II
By Billh6 on 01/05/07 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoyed my '04 Amanti so much that I traded for a pre-owned '06. I still love it.

Kia
By cartman1 on 01/03/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was not considering the Kia Amanti until I saw it on the road over and over again. I've had mine for almost 6 months and have driven it from FL to MD. twice. What a joy it is to drive. I have a Mercedes Benz as well, but I enjoy the Kia as much, if not more, on the open road.

Dangerous to drive
By wolley segap on 12/28/06 03:30 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Amanti has severe problems with acceleration. The car will lunge forward or backwards when taking off. I have had the car in the shop many times and Kia says they are aware of the problem but does not have a fix. It was declared a lemon by the Arizona lemon law and replaced with a 2006 model Amanti. The 2006 has the same problems. Now I have to start all over again to try to solve the problem.

I don't need a Three blade Star
By Fred Fleming on 11/11/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Amanti is a very comfortable car. I traded a 1999 Lincoln Town Car with a lot of interior room for the Amanti and I find it has as much interior room as the Town Car. The controls are well placed and I especially like the adjustable REAR seats for my passengers. I have the option that allows the windows to darken in the sunlight. OK, I personally don't like the rear view mirrors tilting down when I put it in Reverse. But, my wife does, so to keep her happy, I can always move the mirrors up with the controls then hit the seat memory button when I go back to forward gears and they come back in place. What I go through to keep the wife happy. She likes the car as well as I do.

My second Amanti
By Alex on 11/11/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the comfort in driving this car. Not so good in mileage. I had a 2004 Kia Amanti, and the reliability and easy driving convinced me of buying a new one 2006. The style will change in the year 2007 and i am sorry for that.

We love it!
By Irving & Sally Katz on 11/11/06 08:30 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned or leased many classy cars, i.e. Volvo, Lincoln, Cadillac, etc. and we read about the Kia Amanti and decided to look at it after dinner one night. We didn't even do a test drive, but fell in love with it at first sight, and ended up buying it that night and driving it home. We felt like we were driving on a cloud, and the Jaguarish styling was a definite plus, not to mention the classy interior and all the luxury extras that Kia installed into the Amanti. It definitely is one of the best cars we have ever owned, and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a new car.

K's Amanti
By RVEIL on 11/11/06 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a nice handling and riding car, but has a little too much herky-Jerky on acceleration.

Best all around car I 've ever owned.
By mjdeere on 11/11/06 03:36 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took this car on a test drive and was immediately impressed with the overall package. Others comment what a beautiful car it is. This car is a quality piece of work. I would have preferred heated mirrors and compass. This car gets "their" attention. It has a certain dignity that is quite obvious from the first mile. For once my wife and I agree on something; Kia is a winner! We were ready to purchase a Chrysler 300 "C" until we met our Kia Amanti.

Love our Amanti
By d thompson on 10/06/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have really enjoyed owning my Kia Amanti. It looks so sharp! My husband and I took it on vacation right after we bought it, and we received many compliments from other travelers when we stopped for gas, food, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.