Used 2006 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

A true bargain
By Chris

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Amanti. It is the first new car I ever purchased and have had it three years now. I wish the gas mileage was a little better and the rear view mirror is almost too large and gets in the way of driver's view but all in all I have been quite happy with all the features. For the quality and looks of this car, it could easily cost much more.

Interior/Exterior looks, sun roof, comfort, ease of drivability.

A hood ornament would be a classy touch.

Nice car for the money
By Harry

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Chose this car for its features, safety, comfort, weight (Michigan winter winds are fierce!), first year depreciation and reliability. Paid $16k for a year-old, program car with 16k miles in like new condition. (Consumer Reports bad-mouthed the Amanti, but I've learned to discount CR opinions about many things!) This car has been next to perfect for my needs. I wasn't a leather seat fan, but these are fine. Long trips are a joy, because of the comfortable, quiet ride. CR complains about its handling, but anyone with half a brain doesn't get into situations CR moans about, and the Kia ESC helps you out of those foisted upon you by idiots on the road.

Loaded with safety features (e.g., ESC, airbags). Great headlights. Comfortable ride. Quiet. Good cruise control highway mileage (28 mpg). Cruises well in hilly country.

Better city gas mileage (longer time in 1st gear?). Turn signals integrated into outside mirrors and compass integrated into inside rear view mirror. There HAS to be a drain on battery with key off, for not driving car for 4/5 days drops it to the place it needs charged. Half rear seat back fold.

Used 2006 Kia Amanti
By George

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Jaguar S Type 4.0 for a used 2006 Kia Amanti. Ok, the Amanti is no Jaguar in terms of performance, but it's the nicest luxury car available at a sensible price. I've been admiring the Amanti since it came out in 2004.The Amanti is every bit as luxurious as the Jaguar and the leather interior is actually nicer. The bouncy American luxury-car ride will take some getting used to after the finely tuned suspension on the Jag, but it's roomier, more comfortable and much more practical. No more $128.00 oil changes and I can burn regular gas in the Amanti.

Luxurious leather interior and sensible easy to read gauges. Really comfortable seats, front and rear. Overall styling is great. I'm very pleased with the Amanti.

Parking assist and a compass on the rearview mirror.

Great Car
By Jim

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. It gave me luxury at an affordable price. The car rides very smoothly and it is very comfortable for myself and passengers.

I love the leather interior and the seat position controls. Also the cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel.

I am somewhat disappointed in the gas mileage. I have not average anything above 23 MPG on a trip. The car is never overloaded on a trip.

Dangerous KIA
By Me and my 2006 Kia

2006 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car six months ago and had it at the dealers three times in the first month. I complained that there was a problem with the transmission. When I would accelerate the car would lurch forward. I was at a traffic light and when the traffic light changed I accelerated the car lurched forward .I steered the car toward the sidewalk to keep from hitting the people in front of me. I hit a pole. The gas pedal stuck. This car is beautiful on the outside but dangerous mechanically.

My favorite feature was the sunroof and the heated seats as well as the outside mirrors. In addition, I loved the way it held the road.

Under the hood, a more thorough and safe engine. Mileage could be improved.