2006 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
A true bargain
By Chris on 11/10/09 15:01 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Amanti. It is the first new car I ever purchased and have had it three years now. I wish the gas mileage was a little better and the rear view mirror is almost too large and gets in the way of driver's view but all in all I have been quite happy with all the features. For the quality and looks of this car, it could easily cost much more.

Nice car for the money
By Harry on 02/13/09 04:30 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Chose this car for its features, safety, comfort, weight (Michigan winter winds are fierce!), first year depreciation and reliability. Paid $16k for a year-old, program car with 16k miles in like new condition. (Consumer Reports bad-mouthed the Amanti, but I've learned to discount CR opinions about many things!) This car has been next to perfect for my needs. I wasn't a leather seat fan, but these are fine. Long trips are a joy, because of the comfortable, quiet ride. CR complains about its handling, but anyone with half a brain doesn't get into situations CR moans about, and the Kia ESC helps you out of those foisted upon you by idiots on the road.

Used 2006 Kia Amanti
By George on 11/01/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Jaguar S Type 4.0 for a used 2006 Kia Amanti. Ok, the Amanti is no Jaguar in terms of performance, but it's the nicest luxury car available at a sensible price. I've been admiring the Amanti since it came out in 2004.The Amanti is every bit as luxurious as the Jaguar and the leather interior is actually nicer. The bouncy American luxury-car ride will take some getting used to after the finely tuned suspension on the Jag, but it's roomier, more comfortable and much more practical. No more $128.00 oil changes and I can burn regular gas in the Amanti.

Great Car
By Jim on 08/21/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. It gave me luxury at an affordable price. The car rides very smoothly and it is very comfortable for myself and passengers.

Dangerous KIA
By Me and my 2006 Kia on 03/14/08 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car six months ago and had it at the dealers three times in the first month. I complained that there was a problem with the transmission. When I would accelerate the car would lurch forward. I was at a traffic light and when the traffic light changed I accelerated the car lurched forward .I steered the car toward the sidewalk to keep from hitting the people in front of me. I hit a pole. The gas pedal stuck. This car is beautiful on the outside but dangerous mechanically.

Best Ride in Its Class
By jacksonville12 on 03/05/08 13:04 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My fiance and I test drove a LOT of cars before test driving an 2006 Amanti on a whim. We immediately fell in love with the classic styling, the beautiful interior, and all the options. Then when we drove it we knew this was the car we were going to buy. It had BY FAR the smoothest ride and reminds us of a jaguar/bentley. This car is perfect for cruising the interstate and for comfort. It is not a sports car for those who want to drive curvy roads at 80 mph.

Very reliable car
By CaliJoe on 02/21/08 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Amanti 2006 model for 6 months now and I love it. The price is great also with great warranty. I had it serviced once with kia dealership and they took care of my issue promptly. I also get it confused very often for expensive rides. I have a jaguar parking ticket to prove it. Some of my friends make fun because it lookd like a mutt between a jaguar and a lexus.

What a Great Car!
By DAVID on 10/03/07 06:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. It is the best car I have ever owned and I have owned some pretty expensive cars. It has a very smooth ride and wonderful luxuries. It is very roomy and has a big trunk.

Love my Amanti
By Denise Ballard on 07/24/07 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't owned my Amanti long but felt compelled to share. I love the way it drives and get lots of compliments. I have been in a Durango and was worried about space but that is not an issue with the Amanti.

Economic Luxury
By Chris on 06/10/07 04:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been impressed with the look of the Kia Amanti since its debut in 2004. Kia has captured the luxury look of Jaguar and Mercedes Benz without the pricing. So far, I continue to be impressed with my own Amanti including the performance and the interior design. The extras on the car are wonderful and the price was also a benefit.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.