2005 Kia Amanti Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )
My Amanti
By Kristi on 08/30/06 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was one of those who would only drive American vehicles. I bought a 2004 Grand Prix GT new and traded it for a new 05 Impala. Both were nothing but trouble. Because of the warranty I decided to try KIA. This has been the greatest car. It's dependable and built very well. Unlike my previous cars it is extremely safe. I have driven it over 15000 miles in 4 months and not a problem once.

Finally found it!
By LAJR on 08/15/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from looking at Chevys, to Pontiacs, to Hyundais before I stumbled upon the Kia Amanti. I was sold after the test drive. The sales personnel at the dealership were outstanding (imagine that!). A must drive for anyone looking for a car.

Unbelievable value
By milwaukee_driver on 08/13/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After researching, it seemed to be too good a value to be true. After purchasing, I can't believe that there aren't more on the road. All of the amenities of a Lexus (except for the underpowered engine) at a fraction of the cost. Great ride - quiet and smooth on the highway. Controls are extensive and easily accessible. Very satisfied and I'd be inclined to purchase another, especially if the engine gets upgraded (more power and/or better mileage).

Great Used Car
By WHS on 08/13/06 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Kia Amanti used from a Toyota dealer. It has been the best used car I've purchased yet. My wife loves it! It has been on two long trips and the gas mileage is great (26 mpg).This has been with three people and two large suitcases in the trunk.

Happy Driver
By profinej2 on 08/07/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the way car handles, great looks, well designed.

Amanti vs Cadillac
By Barbara on 07/28/06 07:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a Cadillac to an Amanti - a HUGE difference. The Amanti has a "fast" car feel when driving, hugging the curves. There are Cadillac comfort features that I miss: Armrest for the driver, side mirrors that stay set, outlets that work when the engine is off, and better available storage for the driver. The plus items for the Amanti would be: nice trunk, comfortable rear passenger sets, individual a/c settings, and the front passenger seat reclines. We did tint the windows and now the car looks 100% like a Jag - just needs the hood emblem. One service center actually thought it was a Jag until he saw the wheel coverings.

Awesome Amanti
By Z Dawg on 07/13/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car, fun to drive. Great sound system, handles well, super quiet. Considered others, the Chrysler 300, Ford 500, but this one is hands down the best value, and pretty comfortable on long trips.

I never thought I would buy a Kia
By Robert on 07/12/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i recently found myself in the position of needing a new car. I shopped Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Nissan and ended up at a Kia dealership on a lark. Once I rode in it... It was over. The ride, the amenities and the look had me at hello. I had been driving in a friend's Lexus and the experience was virtually the same for less than half the price. I want home, did my "due diligence" and found an overwhelming abundance of positive reviews and experiences regarding the Amanti. In the "bang for the buck" category, the Amanti is the winner, Hands down.

OUR KIA
By phyllis alcaro on 07/05/06 16:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very impressed with handling, driving, and quietness, Have been told by many car looks great.

Love the Amanti!
By Herb on 06/24/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the car for 9 months and love everything about it at the price. Granted fuel economy could be better but we are averaging 19.5 mpg in town and 23 mpg on the highway. Dollar for dollar, it is hard to beat this car.