Used 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

Feeling sad
By Hopeful

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car with 913 miles on it. It was primarily driven by the Kia manager where I purchased my vehicle. I have roughly 28,000 miles on my car and I am on my 2nd transmission. The new transmission is unfortunately not any better than the initial one. My 1st tranny was replaced at 22,000. I've brought it back to the dealership and told them about the new 2nd transmission slipping when starting up. Now with cold weather it's even worse and I'm actually afraid to drive it any long distances until I get this transmission remedied or get another new transmission. I'm very envious of the folks who have had good luck. I really love my Amanti, but it's sick at the moment.

Great stereo, comfortable leather seats, sunroof, great air conditioning system, tons of trunk space.

TRANSMISSIONS and it could get a little better gas mileage as previously stated by some of the other owners.

Love my Amanti
By Mike

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Cadillacs, Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans. I absolutely love this car. It rides as smooth and quiet as a Cadillac, but came with more great options than a Caddy at twice the price. I've had to have the computer tweaked once. Comfort is an absolute plus. I can drive for 5 hours and not be remotely tired (and I'm 60). The Infinity sound system is very good, but, yes, a Bose is better. The warranty program is excellent and Kia certainly stands behind their product. Handling could be a tad better, but you quickly get the feel of it. I have to admit, I took KIA off the trunk and changed the wheel covers, which has generated many questions as to what kind of car is it. I love it.

Seats are VERY COMFORTABLE! A very smooth ride. Good sound system. Excellent heating/cooling system. Bought it for features and comfort and got both in spades.

Better gas mileage could be better.

My Amanti
By Karolyn

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We went on a 6 week trip this year and had the 30,000. check up before we left. We put over 3,000 miles while we were gone and the car performed outstanding. We reached 34.1 mpg on the highway and thought it was a mistake but after calculating the miles it was correct. The Nitrol that was put in the tires may have been a factor. I have a friend that wants my car but I wont sell to her. My free oil changes and service I receive from Bill Bryan Kia will have me in my car for a little longer.

Comfort. Controls.

I would like to have pedals that move toward me so I don't have to have the seat so close to the steering wheel. I'm 4' 11".

Who needs GM?
By Tronzani

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven GM products my entire life and never would be caught dead in a Kia. I was always raised that you got what you paid for, and from what I have now learned I paid for a Jag at a fraction of the cost! The fit and finish is amazing, the seats are comfortable (And heated with 5 settings!) and the ride is like a cloud! The Infinity sound system can blow your ears off, and the wood trim is fantastic. For a full sized sedan the gas mileage is great, and the 200 hp will really rock out o the gate. Not only that, but the trunk is spacious with more then I know what to do with, and the back seat is easy to navigate. The doors open wider then most vehicles and this is an overall dream!

Heated seats, power seats with memory, infinity sound system, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, cruise/ stereo controls on wheel, 1-touch up/down windows (ALL 4!) dual climate control, beautiful wood trim, lumbar support, auto-dimming rear view mirror, garage door opener on mirror, huge trunk, amazing room

I see a lot of people suggest better gas mileage, but for a full-sized sedan that is considered a luxury car (Brand new, loaded, well under $30K)I think that it does great! It gets the same as my Monte Carlo that was traded, and is less to insure (8 air-bags!). I could not improve a thing.

WOW I am impressed
By k3lm3y

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just had my Mercedes totaled. Due to the economy I could not afford another one. Sadden to take a downgrade, I decided to look for an economy car. When I went to the Kia dealership; after looking at two cars, my eyes focused on this Amanti. When I got inside, I was sold! I thought I was looking at an upgrade Mercedes and a Jag combined. She is a beauty and a sight for sore eyes! I am impress! Her drive, style, and grace have made me feel like I did not step down at all rather than went up! She is gorgeous and adds class to my personality and my persona.

I love the interior and exterior of this vehicle. The leather seats and wood paneling brings regalness to this luxury vehicle.

Needs a kitchen sink! LOL