2005 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )
Great car
By Gordon on 11/20/06 23:14 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Actually purchased used after having been a Hertz Rental. Have had the car for over a year and it has performed flawlessly. Comfortable to drive as the leather seats are heated and can be positioned for comfort - with lumbar support! Only complaint is economy. About 24MPG on the highway and 19MPG in town. Our previous car was a 97 Cadillac V-8 that had better gas mileage but not near as fun to drive as our KIA Amanti.

My Amanti
By Amanti on 11/20/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 740i prior to this Amanti. I enjoy this car much better, the fact it has everything my other car had and the maintenance is 1/10 the cost. It's fun to drive long distance, and gets an average of 25 miles to the gallon on long drives. As a luxury car, I will consider this the best one I've own. Performance is a little on the weak side, but the driving is a great pleasure to behold the owner. Many strangers have commented to myself and my spouse of how much they like the looks of the car, not to mention mistaking it at first for a Mercedes or Jaguar depending if the reference was from the rear or front. After looking at various cars, we were sold on this one with no second thought.

It's a good one
By johnj on 11/17/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have 18,000 miles on the vehicle; during the summer I took a 4,000 mile trip over a 2 week period. The gas mileage was between 20 and 25 MPG; around town I get an average of 17. I still enjoy getting in and driving it. I would recommend it to anyone. The vehicle I traded in on this one was a 2003 Kia Sorento which was excellent and this Amanti is too.

2005 Kia Amanti
By Mike on 11/13/06 08:45 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We gave up a DeVille for the Amanti and it has been a great luxury car. The gas mileage could be a lot better but everything so far, seems to been built very well.

not bad
By kenya on 11/11/06 18:18 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall not too bad of a car. Have a strange clicking when turning in reverse. Interior is real nice, need to make a change to the exterior rear of auto - too plain looking, doesn't go with the nice front end.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By Robin Cofer on 11/11/06 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year now. My husband and I continually tell everyone that this is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned. I didn't know what is was when I saw someone driving it. Unlike me, I walked up to a total stranger and asked him about the car. He said he traded his Mercedes for this and he was more pleased with the Amanti. My husband is six and a half feet tall and it is important that he has head-room and has enough legroom. Of course, that generally cramps anyone in the seat behind him, but not in the Amanti. We chose this over a Lincoln and a Cadillac. We have advised two other couples to buy this. They thank us when they see us. Our next car will be an Amanti.

My third Kia
By Garry on 11/11/06 12:40 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We owned two Sedonas and were pleased with the safety styling and value when the Amanti was introduced. We purchased one with the optional electronic stability control. The performance has improved as it was driven. When new it didn't accelerate very well. It is now "hard to hold down!" We have owned a couple of Lincolns and this auto compares very favorably.

2005 Kia Amanti
By Scott on 11/11/06 11:39 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 Kia Amanti new from a dealer. I love the car and its performance.

Used Lease Kia
By Paul on 11/11/06 07:10 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our poor man's Jag. We both like it, only my wife not real crazy about the need to shift to the overdrive.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Belinda Davis on 09/28/06 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a white pearl in 2005 and my husband did not care for the color so we were out riding one day and we stopped by the car lot and decided to trade it in for a black one. These cars are so sharp looking, no matter what color they are. I feel like I'm riding in a Cadillac but I did not have to pay the price for one! I love my car and my next car will be an Amanti and it will be my third Amanti that I have owned. Just ask me and I'll tell you like I tell everyone else "best car I've ever owned".