Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (153 reviews )

Amanti Problem
By D.Cummings

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/6970 mi.on it(told it was a salesman's who leased a new one).Got home & on parking in driveway noticed light on dash,brake light was out! Went back it was replaced, but this was just the start!!Have since replaced 17 bulbs on this car!!! Car was checked & was told nothing wrong,it's normal on Kias,& there's a lot of electronics on the vehicle.Each time nothing wrong is found, it costs me $92,so much for the warranty!! Lightbulb replacement cost $35-$40,since you can't get to them w/out removing half the frontend. Have had bottom of seats,bushings,rear support brackets and shifter all replaced, all taking 2 visits to do,as have to wait for parts! I'm upside down & have to keep.

stereo system(6cd),leather, sunroof,styling Least favorite - Hankook tires, going on second set with only 52,700 mi on 50,000 mi tires.No way to call Hankook, only can contact via email.Dunn Tire has told me they won't do anything until 2/32(mine 4/32) before they do anything.

mpg,build quality(mechanical,electrical), more support from Kia Motors

Luxury for less
By lailani

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Mazda Miata convertible for something more safe at the urging of my over- protective mother and sister. I drive almost constantly, so it was a good idea after all. I bought the Amanti with 13,000 miles on it almost 3 1/2 years ago and it now has 106,000 miles. I have only had to perform regular maintenance on the car. It has taken me all over the western states in super comfort and I proved the safety of the car in a minor accident. Someone crashed into me while I was at a stoplight and I kind of cocked my head to the side and said... did someone just hit me? It felt like a minor bump to me, but ended up crunching the other car pretty well.

Safety, Heated seats, Comfort, 6 disc CD changer, Power everything, Appearance, Trunk space, Reliability

I would like to own another Kia when I wear this one out, but an SUV topping my list. If Kia made one as nice as the Amanti, I'd take it! Otherwise, I'd improve the Amanti's turning radius.

Happy, But Not PERFECTLY Happy
By OhManti

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Contrary to some, I don't find the suspension loose or "floaty." The brakes are a bit too grippy for me. The ride's wonderfully pleasant, would be dead quiet if the air intake wasn't so loud. Posh enough, but cheap very scratchable finish on the interior glossy bits. Wish it had a compass; Love the computer and gobs of great gadgetry otherwise. Happy with accelleration, at the stoplight and for passing, don't mind the lessor V6. Love the front end, back end cloys, though I think the trunk's my favorite feature -- HUGE. CD changer slow loading. horn pathetic. blind spot in front. Saftey top notch. Eight way seats, but haven't got comfortable on long trips.

Front end. Clean look under the hood. Infinity sound. Heated seats. Trip computer. Bright brights. Smooth ride and suspension! Whiplash head rests front and back. Cup holders in arm rest in back. Rear temp control has floor blowers for really QUICK summer cooling. Massive TRUNK!

Deaden air intake noise, having done so well on quiet interior, I cringe with every acceleration wishing it were perfect and this whir was gone. Compass on computer would have completed otherwise loaded gadgetry. better scratch resistant quality on on interior gloss. Larger alloys standard?

Great Faux Mercedes
By ER

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought as rentacar with 12k mi and 1 yr old, we added 100k warranty for about $2k. Drive daily and on road trips with 2 small kids (now at 52k). Very good performance (no warranty repairs, just maintenance) and xlint comfort. Interior construction better than a Benz and just as quiet. Large trunk, durable leather, icy AC. Lots of looks when we take it into Mexico - they don't have these yet - but most people mistake it for a Jag in states.

Clean look, good leather, comfy ride, great reliability (no repairs), nice bonus features like sunroof, well built. It's my wife's but I actually am very happy with it - paid half of Benz price without all the maintenance I had before.

Only drawback is poor mileage if you're a lead foot - my wife gets 17 in city. I can get 22 mixed driving (but up to 28 mpg at 65 mph on flat land). Spongy ride (not a sports sedan) and spongy gas peddle.

Awesome return on investment
By gstanford

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At the moment I drive 360 miles one way to work on my 2005 Amanti. Combined highway and city mpg average is 22.7 mph and I drive 70+ mph when I can. Performs better than what my 450SEL did and the amenities far exceed any car or truck I have owned. 4 way auto windows, heated lumbar leather seats, individual heat/air controls for driver/passengers including the rear just to name a few. Awesome engine performance. When you kick this engine in the butt... hold on. I love this car. Miles are now 57k time to trade so I started looking at King Ranch but changed my mind. I pick up my new Amanti tomorrow. One more thing, the KIA warranty is awesome. I actually enjoy my dealership experience.

Performance. One price for all amenities compared to American auto piece meal pricing for each luxury item.

Tires on stock Amanti are too weak for the performance weight ratio. Upgrade one size and increase the tire ratio and your performance/ride ratio will turn this luxury car into a tiger.

• SUV