Used 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

major transmision problems
By dan

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

after 3 years and 26000 miles. and dealership service always on time the transmision started whining almost like a grind. i took it to a kia dealer and it needs a new transmision! they had to order a new one and no loaner car all they said is the best they can do is give a courtesy ride home.

when something major as this goes wrong they should at least give a loaner car since this was not at anyway my fault

Much More than You Think
By HMeyer

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I disagree with those who test drove this car. I drove from Seattle to Green Bay doing 600 miles a day in November and the car virtually hummed. The drive was the most exceptional drive I have made in a car and I was never more comfortable. In other cars, I would be adjusting the seat several times during the daily drive. I never touched the seat controls on the Amanti. I take issue with consumers being told to look at the Buick, or the Toyota. Why? This car has exceptional performance. I had no stability problems and I was driving thru some windy mountain passes. I have been in the snow now for a month. The car has been in subzero temperatures and it hums along every day. Great Buy!

The Grille. The interior. The comfort. Looks like a small Towne car

Should have a GPS. Harder paint finish needed

PLEASED ............UNTIL!
By Douglas

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car used from a reliable car dealership. The car was emaculant contion. The interior and exterior looked new. I was more than pleased with the car until I was told car needed new pistons, $1,800 plus tax. Although I was the second owner, the cars records have kept and the car has been maitained faithfully. (The car has been literally pampered). WATCH OUT WHEN YOU GET TO 80,000 MILES. I asked the KIA technician what causes it or how did it happen and the answer was " maybe the previous owner" and before he could get his answer out, I informed him of the upkeep AND records of the car before I purchased it. I even brought it to their dealership had it checked out before buying it.

LUXURY AND COMFORT

My Amanti
By Gene Broussard

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best deal I ever made in a car purchase. Great auto. Never had a problem. Only improvement would be better gas mileage which is not good.

Better gas mileage

Amanti Problem
By D.Cummings

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/6970 mi.on it(told it was a salesman's who leased a new one).Got home & on parking in driveway noticed light on dash,brake light was out! Went back it was replaced, but this was just the start!!Have since replaced 17 bulbs on this car!!! Car was checked & was told nothing wrong,it's normal on Kias,& there's a lot of electronics on the vehicle.Each time nothing wrong is found, it costs me $92,so much for the warranty!! Lightbulb replacement cost $35-$40,since you can't get to them w/out removing half the frontend. Have had bottom of seats,bushings,rear support brackets and shifter all replaced, all taking 2 visits to do,as have to wait for parts! I'm upside down & have to keep.

stereo system(6cd),leather, sunroof,styling Least favorite - Hankook tires, going on second set with only 52,700 mi on 50,000 mi tires.No way to call Hankook, only can contact via email.Dunn Tire has told me they won't do anything until 2/32(mine 4/32) before they do anything.

mpg,build quality(mechanical,electrical), more support from Kia Motors