2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )
Feeling sad
By Hopeful on 02/06/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car with 913 miles on it. It was primarily driven by the Kia manager where I purchased my vehicle. I have roughly 28,000 miles on my car and I am on my 2nd transmission. The new transmission is unfortunately not any better than the initial one. My 1st tranny was replaced at 22,000. I've brought it back to the dealership and told them about the new 2nd transmission slipping when starting up. Now with cold weather it's even worse and I'm actually afraid to drive it any long distances until I get this transmission remedied or get another new transmission. I'm very envious of the folks who have had good luck. I really love my Amanti, but it's sick at the moment.

Love my Amanti
By Mike on 12/10/08 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Cadillacs, Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans. I absolutely love this car. It rides as smooth and quiet as a Cadillac, but came with more great options than a Caddy at twice the price. I've had to have the computer tweaked once. Comfort is an absolute plus. I can drive for 5 hours and not be remotely tired (and I'm 60). The Infinity sound system is very good, but, yes, a Bose is better. The warranty program is excellent and Kia certainly stands behind their product. Handling could be a tad better, but you quickly get the feel of it. I have to admit, I took KIA off the trunk and changed the wheel covers, which has generated many questions as to what kind of car is it. I love it.

My Amanti
By Karolyn on 10/05/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We went on a 6 week trip this year and had the 30,000. check up before we left. We put over 3,000 miles while we were gone and the car performed outstanding. We reached 34.1 mpg on the highway and thought it was a mistake but after calculating the miles it was correct. The Nitrol that was put in the tires may have been a factor. I have a friend that wants my car but I wont sell to her. My free oil changes and service I receive from Bill Bryan Kia will have me in my car for a little longer.

Who needs GM?
By Tronzani on 09/17/08 07:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven GM products my entire life and never would be caught dead in a Kia. I was always raised that you got what you paid for, and from what I have now learned I paid for a Jag at a fraction of the cost! The fit and finish is amazing, the seats are comfortable (And heated with 5 settings!) and the ride is like a cloud! The Infinity sound system can blow your ears off, and the wood trim is fantastic. For a full sized sedan the gas mileage is great, and the 200 hp will really rock out o the gate. Not only that, but the trunk is spacious with more then I know what to do with, and the back seat is easy to navigate. The doors open wider then most vehicles and this is an overall dream!

WOW I am impressed
By k3lm3y on 04/27/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just had my Mercedes totaled. Due to the economy I could not afford another one. Sadden to take a downgrade, I decided to look for an economy car. When I went to the Kia dealership; after looking at two cars, my eyes focused on this Amanti. When I got inside, I was sold! I thought I was looking at an upgrade Mercedes and a Jag combined. She is a beauty and a sight for sore eyes! I am impress! Her drive, style, and grace have made me feel like I did not step down at all rather than went up! She is gorgeous and adds class to my personality and my persona.

Amanti problem
By Val Bill on 01/11/08 08:45 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife purchased the Amanti choosing it over a Buick or Honda due to it's driving pleasure. We enjoy traveling in the car and most of the use is on the open road. One problem has troubled us from early on. If the vehicle sits for a few days, the battery goes down. Multiple testing of the battery by Kia, and others, finds no problem. Having it towed in, 180 miles, resulted in replacing the "12 month" battery. ($180) Friends who have purchased an Amanti on our recommendation have reported the same problem. I doubt that the problem is fixed and expect it to re-emerge in the months ahead.

Great car
By lsr on 07/19/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rides great, seats a little firm, pearl white is the bomb, high teens in city drive, mid twentys on open road, replaced an 02 lincoln town car, very solid feel.

What can I say
By Don on 06/30/07 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car handles like a dream, very, very comfortable. The power plant is more than adequate to get you onto the highway, and with cruise you have no problem keeping in traffic. In fact, I use cruise to keep myself from getting a ticket, because it drives so quietly, you don't realize how quickly you are moving. I've had minor repairs done to the SRS (airbags), but overall the car has met or exceeded my expectations. Around town I get 20+ mpg and on trips 25+ mpg.

Bentley Continental Flying Spur?
By Turbo on 05/11/07 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2006. It looked like a Bentley or did it look like a Jag or did it look like an E-300 Mercedes or... well, you get the picture! This car is an eye catcher for sure. It kinda has to grow on you! It definitely has the European styling. It is priced way below the aforementioned vehicles. For the price and the warranty, you can't go wrong. I drove the Lincoln Town car, Cadillac DTS, and Mercury Crown Victoria before my purchase. Why spend the extra money! This car rates among these that I mentioned. JD Power and Associates rated it top in customer satisfaction and I have to agree. It is delightful to drive and I haven't had any problems with it to date.

Tom's and Trish's Review
By Tom Hickman on 02/24/07 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Now this is what I’d call going to buy a car at first sight! This is a true dream car; we love it, so smooth, quite and comfortable. We had no intention of buying a car, but after a test drive, we were sold. I think the gas mileage is great at 26.8 highway; local driving, not so good. But overall, huge trunk space and a wonderful sound system, good acceleration, back seat ride, and those heated seats are really nice in the winter. This is a great car for the money. The KIA Amanti is a well built car. The ride is very smooth and quiet.