2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )
major transmision problems
By dan on 01/21/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

after 3 years and 26000 miles. and dealership service always on time the transmision started whining almost like a grind. i took it to a kia dealer and it needs a new transmision! they had to order a new one and no loaner car all they said is the best they can do is give a courtesy ride home.

Much More than You Think
By HMeyer on 01/20/10 18:41 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I disagree with those who test drove this car. I drove from Seattle to Green Bay doing 600 miles a day in November and the car virtually hummed. The drive was the most exceptional drive I have made in a car and I was never more comfortable. In other cars, I would be adjusting the seat several times during the daily drive. I never touched the seat controls on the Amanti. I take issue with consumers being told to look at the Buick, or the Toyota. Why? This car has exceptional performance. I had no stability problems and I was driving thru some windy mountain passes. I have been in the snow now for a month. The car has been in subzero temperatures and it hums along every day. Great Buy!

PLEASED ............UNTIL!
By Douglas on 12/28/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car used from a reliable car dealership. The car was emaculant contion. The interior and exterior looked new. I was more than pleased with the car until I was told car needed new pistons, $1,800 plus tax. Although I was the second owner, the cars records have kept and the car has been maitained faithfully. (The car has been literally pampered). WATCH OUT WHEN YOU GET TO 80,000 MILES. I asked the KIA technician what causes it or how did it happen and the answer was " maybe the previous owner" and before he could get his answer out, I informed him of the upkeep AND records of the car before I purchased it. I even brought it to their dealership had it checked out before buying it.

My Amanti
By Gene Broussard on 09/29/09 19:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best deal I ever made in a car purchase. Great auto. Never had a problem. Only improvement would be better gas mileage which is not good.

Amanti Problem
By D.Cummings on 07/25/09 07:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/6970 mi.on it(told it was a salesman's who leased a new one).Got home & on parking in driveway noticed light on dash,brake light was out! Went back it was replaced, but this was just the start!!Have since replaced 17 bulbs on this car!!! Car was checked & was told nothing wrong,it's normal on Kias,& there's a lot of electronics on the vehicle.Each time nothing wrong is found, it costs me $92,so much for the warranty!! Lightbulb replacement cost $35-$40,since you can't get to them w/out removing half the frontend. Have had bottom of seats,bushings,rear support brackets and shifter all replaced, all taking 2 visits to do,as have to wait for parts! I'm upside down & have to keep.

Luxury for less
By lailani on 07/11/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Mazda Miata convertible for something more safe at the urging of my over- protective mother and sister. I drive almost constantly, so it was a good idea after all. I bought the Amanti with 13,000 miles on it almost 3 1/2 years ago and it now has 106,000 miles. I have only had to perform regular maintenance on the car. It has taken me all over the western states in super comfort and I proved the safety of the car in a minor accident. Someone crashed into me while I was at a stoplight and I kind of cocked my head to the side and said... did someone just hit me? It felt like a minor bump to me, but ended up crunching the other car pretty well.

Happy, But Not PERFECTLY Happy
By OhManti on 06/28/09 01:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Contrary to some, I don't find the suspension loose or "floaty." The brakes are a bit too grippy for me. The ride's wonderfully pleasant, would be dead quiet if the air intake wasn't so loud. Posh enough, but cheap very scratchable finish on the interior glossy bits. Wish it had a compass; Love the computer and gobs of great gadgetry otherwise. Happy with accelleration, at the stoplight and for passing, don't mind the lessor V6. Love the front end, back end cloys, though I think the trunk's my favorite feature -- HUGE. CD changer slow loading. horn pathetic. blind spot in front. Saftey top notch. Eight way seats, but haven't got comfortable on long trips.

Great Faux Mercedes
By ER on 05/27/09 23:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought as rentacar with 12k mi and 1 yr old, we added 100k warranty for about $2k. Drive daily and on road trips with 2 small kids (now at 52k). Very good performance (no warranty repairs, just maintenance) and xlint comfort. Interior construction better than a Benz and just as quiet. Large trunk, durable leather, icy AC. Lots of looks when we take it into Mexico - they don't have these yet - but most people mistake it for a Jag in states.

Awesome return on investment
By gstanford on 05/21/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At the moment I drive 360 miles one way to work on my 2005 Amanti. Combined highway and city mpg average is 22.7 mph and I drive 70+ mph when I can. Performs better than what my 450SEL did and the amenities far exceed any car or truck I have owned. 4 way auto windows, heated lumbar leather seats, individual heat/air controls for driver/passengers including the rear just to name a few. Awesome engine performance. When you kick this engine in the butt... hold on. I love this car. Miles are now 57k time to trade so I started looking at King Ranch but changed my mind. I pick up my new Amanti tomorrow. One more thing, the KIA warranty is awesome. I actually enjoy my dealership experience.

Still rides like a charm
By Turbo on 04/27/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I posted a review in July 11,2007. Well this car has exceeded all of my expectations thus far. I was a little apprehensive at first, about buying a car without much of a reported "track" record, however; I have not been disappointed. Since my purchase in 2006, I have had no problems whatsoever. I have performed all of my scheduled maintenance when due. I had 46,000+ miles on the standard Hankook Optimo 417 tires before replacing them. I bought the same tires because of the handling and ride that I got from them. This car sill rides like new and still gets plenty of comments from passers-by. The fuel mileage is quite good on the highway and not so good in the city. Great Car ;-}