Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

Tickled in Tacoma
By Tickled in Tacoma

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased in July 2005. Looked around on the web and local dealerships for Nissan, Toyota, Mercury, Chevrolet, and Honda vehicles similar to this one. After researching and test driving, I decided on the Amanti. Couldn't be any happier, as it's a joy to drive. The salesman has contacted me three times since my purchase to ensure I was happy, and the dealership treated me like I was purchasing a car for twice what I did. The ride is smooth and quiet, and I bought a near-luxury car, not a sports car, so I don't expect it to drive like a Miata or Triumph. Very happy with the car and purchase experience. I would heartily recommend this car (and have!) to friends and family.

Favorite Features

I love the nice quiet ride. Comfortable seats front and rear, and the ride is as smooth as driving on a cloud. The stereo sounds great and you don't need to have it cranked to enjoy the subtle sounds. I get lots of curious looks and approving smiles from people in other lanes, which is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Split folding rear seats to open up over-sized storage. The rear-view mirror seems a bit in the way, but maybe it's because I have the seat too high. I've never felt it was under-powered, even accelerating, but many reviews mention this as a problem. A compass on the trip computer would be nice.

I love my Kia
By A W Black

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a Cadillac for the Kia, and it has been a great car. Fun to drive, and much less expensive than a Cadillac. I will buy another one if this one ever wears out ... great car!

Favorite Features

It is just fun to drive, and handles well.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Amanti
By Chucky

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've popped my hood and trunk for total strangers at the bank, stores and other places. People love this car.

Favorite Features

The interior is great. The functionality of everything is so accommodating.

Suggested Improvements

Would be an even better car with better gas mileage.

Excellent Pride
By David

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Get lots of compliments on it. Everyone thinks it's either a Mercedes 300 or Jaguar, then I tell them to go look at back of car.

Favorite Features

Auto air conditioning, all power windows, auto/manual shift.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe adding dvd/gps map system.

Great Car!
By Richard

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a true luxury car! After owning a Olds Aurora and a Toyota Avalon this car has them both beat. The interior is as luxurious as any on the market. All controls are logically placed, the leather is beautiful, the wood grain dash is a site to behold. Great warranty. The front and rear seats are roomy and comfortable. The exterior is as classy as any car available regardless of price. Anyone who is considering a full size car should look at the Amanti before making a choice, take the money you save and go on a trip in your Amanti.

Favorite Features

Dual A/C controls, trip computer, power seat location and design on the door, great quiet ride, very comfortable on trips. Sound system is high quality. Dash lay out looks very expensive. Car in general gives a very high quality feel.

Suggested Improvements

A little better mileage and horsepower, offer a navigation system. Otherwise, don't change a thing, car is perfect.