Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (153 reviews )

No good on GAS at all
By Amanti

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love the car, however it is not good on gas at all. I get maybe 12MPG. For that reason alone I do not like my car. I thought that I would get at least 15 city, 21 highway. I get maybe 12 city and 18 highway. I'm not happy at all with that. I have meet other people with this car and they tell me the same thing.

Increase the gas mileage. PLEASE! Don't write one thing when it really is another.

2005 Amanti
By Shadow

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car a week ago, have noticed that as it gets colder the ride gets stiffer. I did not like the plastic gas filler cover on a car at this price. Car handles well even with summer tires on icy roads. the ESP and ABS systems keep the car on track when accelerating or breaking, as I passed numerous vehicles in the ditch on their sides. Quality of fuel makes a considerable difference in fuel mileage.

Car is very quiet and has a smooth ride, the ESP system works great and heater starts warming the car in less than 1/2 a mile at -15f.

Lower the price of extra rims, $1,700.00 is a bit much, replace plastic gas filler cover with a metal one, include remote start, Have a display on the radio for frequency, volume, etc. if the 4" lcd ever quits then you have no reference for the radio.

New car drive
By Shadow

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got car today, 94 mile drive home averaged 24.1 mpg at 65mph, temp outside - 24. Roads very icy, car drove excellent, stayed on track and stayed comfortable temp inside. Did not feel ice lumps on the road and didn't hear much road noise.

Smooth quiet ride, good heater, handles well, ESP system is great.

Drop price of extra keys, $95 is a bit expensive.

Great sedan
By Richard

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased several luxury automobiles over the years and almost always had problems that needed immediate attention within the first few weeks of ownership. With the Kia Amanti I have had zero problems during the first several months. My Daughter also purchased a Kia Amanti and has had no problems during the first year.

Interior and exterior of car is great. Gas mileage is very good and have had many people stop me and inquire about the car.

So far I have no suggestions.

Dream Car
By Les

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Now this is what Id call love at first sight! This is a true dream car; we love it, so smooth, quite and comfortable. We had no intention of buying a car, but after a test drive, we were sold. I think the gas mileage is great at 27.8 highway; local driving, not so good. But overall, huge trunk space and a wonderful sound system, good acceleration, back seat ride, and those heated seats, wow! This is a great car for the money.

Great looks, ride, sound system, seat controls on door panel, heated seats, mirrors that lower as you back the car, so many great features.

Larger cup holders.