Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Amanti 2004
By Charles Durnil

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Could be a bit more powerful, but is adequate. Fuel economy is less than expected, have seen better on more powerful 6's and 8's. That said, still an excellent value, a good car, that I expect will be great, with a few improvements.

Favorite Features

Looks, build quality, such as heavy outside door handles, fit and finish. Overall look is as good as pricey Euro- cars. Nothing skimpy or cheesy here! The warranty: With a reasonably priced extension to 100,000 miles leaves all others (except Hyundai)playing catch-up ball.

Suggested Improvements

Power, gas mileage.

No good on GAS at all
By Amanti

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love the car, however it is not good on gas at all. I get maybe 12MPG. For that reason alone I do not like my car. I thought that I would get at least 15 city, 21 highway. I get maybe 12 city and 18 highway. I'm not happy at all with that. I have meet other people with this car and they tell me the same thing.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the gas mileage. PLEASE! Don't write one thing when it really is another.

Kribe123
By Nelson

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy. I feel like a King driving my car. Actually is too much car for the price. It is the best deal I have doing buying a vehicle; so far I have no complaints. I am only worry about sales strategy of Kia. I don't see many Amantis on the road. I have no plans to trade this car for a while but If I will I will receive less money for it.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable, strong, smooth, good looking and powerfully/

Suggested Improvements

More choices to customize, wings, spoilers, body kits to become more cool.

Amanti problem
By Val Bill

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife purchased the Amanti choosing it over a Buick or Honda due to it's driving pleasure. We enjoy traveling in the car and most of the use is on the open road. One problem has troubled us from early on. If the vehicle sits for a few days, the battery goes down. Multiple testing of the battery by Kia, and others, finds no problem. Having it towed in, 180 miles, resulted in replacing the "12 month" battery. ($180) Friends who have purchased an Amanti on our recommendation have reported the same problem. I doubt that the problem is fixed and expect it to re-emerge in the months ahead.

Favorite Features

Driving ease

Suggested Improvements

Seats are too firm for extended use. We have to use cushions. Put a higher quality battery when new. Service can be a problem. There are long distances between Kia service centers in the West.

Unhappy Owner in New York/Florida
By Sprinterny

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very disappointed. The first week of ownership I needed two tows in Florida. I immediately purchased a new battery when stranded a second time. The seats are rock hard and the seat belt buckle cuts into my hip. Then car had some kind of transmission burning and needed a transmission replacement. I was first towed and paid $300 to recover my car. I have to drive 80 miles to the closest dealer in upstate NY. After waxing the car about 4 times in 2 years the exterior paint job is looking shabby.The car always stalls out.The replaced transmission hesitates for 4 seconds and then jerks. It gets a horrible 11 to 17 mpg. The tires need replacing at 27,000 mile. The brakes need work now

Favorite Features

Stereo system only which pops on and off by itself.

Suggested Improvements

Cushioned seats that are wider and bounce back for comfort. More leg room. Better gas mileage by far. My much heavier huge 8 cyl. Grand Marquis get better mileage. No transmission failure. Seat buckle that can be adjusted better then choking and cutting into my hips.