2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )
WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE!
By mailmike on 10/02/12 17:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is amazing...has over 150,000 and going strong...nothing has been done. just routine maintance. I excpect to get another 100k out of it...!!! well built and amazing ride!! luxury at its best!!!! sure beats a caddy ...lol I love it...I think it all depends on the driver. if you keep it all maintained and oil changes, don't drive like your going to a fire!!! and respect the car it will respect you forever!! :-)

Stop Making the Amanti, please
By golfer775 on 07/20/12 06:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got stuck on vacation in Florida with less than 5,000 mi. and replaced the transmission. New transmission goes "zzzzzz" between first and second gear. Kia, from dealer to national manager, refuses to replace or fix it. Dealer says all Amanti's go "zzzzzz." Yeah, right. Engine light goes on repeatedly and have had it reset more than 8 times. Dealer won't replace sensor. Dome light went out after 10,000 mi. Bumper finish is pealing. Now with 60,000. Transmission slips regularly. Stay far away from this lemon model and Kia, in general. Awful customer service. Never again.

KIA...Car Paint Job is a Joke
By coachshopper on 07/06/12 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car 4 years ago; wanted a luxry car but not the price. Saw this beauty and took it home. Had the car a month and the paint on the front bumper started to bubble and the paint clear coat started chipping. Took it too the dealership and was told there was nothing they could do and it was my fault. Took it too a paint and collision shop and I was told when it bubbles it is bad paint & clear coat from Kia. Went back to talk to the manager and still refused to fix my paint. Then the electrical need to be replaced and the fuel injectors went bad and air conditioner went out. Stay away if you can! Kia doesn't care about your or there cars.

First car I loved
By cswartz on 06/26/12 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had the Amanti 6 years and then had to sell. I loved that car but in the last year we put in over $3,000 for catalytic converter, some kind of band, headlights, testing, electrics and other misc. then got the news our transmission was going and another $2,500. Less than 92K miles & only 7 years old. I wanted to pay for repairs but husband told me to face the fact the car was going to nickle and dime us. I actually miss that car. For the price I originally paid, the luxury and style it provided, it couldn't be beat. This was my first foreign car, and probably the last.

Beauty is only skin deep
By subwaybuff on 09/23/11 09:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a piece of junk! I have had it for about 3 months and added only around 300 miles. The check engine light came on at 3 miles. dealer reset the light. Light is back on. Today (9/23/11) within 2 miles I had sudden acceleration twice . The only way I avoided an accident was to put the care in neutral. The biggest mistake I ever made. Sure it is a beauty but I can take a pig and give it a bubble bath and dress it in fancy clothes but it is still a pig. I'd unload it but I"d be upside down big time and no wheels till I pay it off

Mirror Problems
By Oscar Zuniga on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a Kia 2005 Amanti and have always had problems with the side mirrors. The vehicle is equipped with switches that preset the seats and mirrors. Unfortunately, the mirrors do not go back to what you preset. That means that you have to constantly readjust the the mirrors. I'm taking the vehicle to the dealer today, but it looks like other Kia Amanti owners have had problems with the mirrors and have just been given the run around by the dealers based on what I am reading on the internet. If you like AM radio, don't get this vehicle. AM reception is terrible.

Not Happy
By Not happy on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I first got the car I was very excited. It was my first luxury car and every thing was great until after the first week. The radio stopped working and I tried to get it fixed but the dealership I got it from was not very helpful. I had to go to someone else to get anything done. The radio has been fine until the past month when the speakers started to go again and I never listen to my music loud. Other electronics are malfunctioning too, like my side mirrors and my seat. Every time I get in my car I have to readjust them because the just move on them own. The power steering also goes when it rains and the mechanic couldn't tel me why. Can't believe a 2005 has so many issues!

Another transmission and front end noise
By dan on 08/16/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After another highway trip of 1200 miles the transmission has gone bad again ! The service manager hears the noise and has to get with Kia on it! It needs another one and this will make the third one and the front end creaking and sounds like its falling apart has been fixed twice also, with all new everything in front. They say they can do nothing else for it! It must be a lemon car !Waiting again to see if they will fix it, it only has 27,000 miles on it. Will let everyone know what happens. I'm on here earlier and posted problems

Love hate relationship
By wmscott on 05/28/10 00:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for the wife. We both love the car. The fit finish and comfort are great. The gas mileage is terrible. The cost of maintaining the car has been far too high. I seem to have to buy several new headlights a year at around $80 a pop. Just had the mandatory 60K service and the tab was $1,300. Replaced the timing belt as recommended. The belt had zero sign of wear on it and will not do it again at 120K if we still have it. They will make you buy a new hydraulic tensioner when they do the job. They charge me $189 for that very simple device. Overall cost of maintenance is out of control and my make me shy away from another KIA in the future. Transaxle had to be replaced at 39K.

Unhappy Owner in New York/Florida
By Sprinterny on 02/03/10 18:30 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very disappointed. The first week of ownership I needed two tows in Florida. I immediately purchased a new battery when stranded a second time. The seats are rock hard and the seat belt buckle cuts into my hip. Then car had some kind of transmission burning and needed a transmission replacement. I was first towed and paid $300 to recover my car. I have to drive 80 miles to the closest dealer in upstate NY. After waxing the car about 4 times in 2 years the exterior paint job is looking shabby.The car always stalls out.The replaced transmission hesitates for 4 seconds and then jerks. It gets a horrible 11 to 17 mpg. The tires need replacing at 27,000 mile. The brakes need work now