Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (154 reviews )

Love My Amanti
By Alex

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my pampered, 1 owner 2005 Amanti almost a year ago in a private sale with 144,000 miles. It was love at first sight! I made a full price offer within 5 minutes of the listing being posted and have never regretted it. I love the Amanti's ambiguous luxury car design (initially mistook it for a Jag) but she's more than just another beautiful car. She's powerful, fast, luxurious without breaking the bank, super reliable, and safe. The only cons about this car (which are very minor to me) are the gas mileage, dated radio, and mirrors that move every time you use the remote. Still, I absolutely love this car and will keep it forever or upgrade to the 2nd generation. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way about the Amanti because the Kia service advisor complimented me on my vehicle telling me it's "really nice" and that he knew I loved it because most Amanti owners refuse to trade in their vehicle to the dealership opting to keep it well maintained for years instead.

This car sucks
By Kayla

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had this car for two months and it has broken down 3 times. Once while I was in the middle of diving and the other two times it just wouldn't start. The brakes suck and the side mirrors never stay set. I have to reset them every time I get in the car. Kia dealers are annoying. They told me I needed a new computer which would cost about $4000 so I towed it home and jumped it because they kill r my battery and it ran just fine. All it needed was a coil pack. Please don't buy this car ever.

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE!
By mailmike

this car is amazing...has over 150,000 and going strong...nothing
has been done. just routine maintance. I excpect to get another 100k out of it...!!!
well built and amazing ride!! luxury at its best!!!!
sure beats a caddy ...lol
I love it...I think it all depends on the driver. if you keep it all maintained and oil changes, don't drive like your going to a fire!!! and respect the car it will respect you forever!! :-)

the ride, all the bells and whistles , leather seats, everything!! gets over 30mpg on highway!!!

clear coat could use some improvment but all cars now days have that trouble.

Stop Making the Amanti, please
By golfer775

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got stuck on vacation in Florida with less than 5,000 mi. and replaced the transmission. New transmission goes "zzzzzz" between first and second gear. Kia, from dealer to national manager, refuses to replace or fix it. Dealer says all Amanti's go "zzzzzz." Yeah, right. Engine light goes on repeatedly and have had it reset more than 8 times. Dealer won't replace sensor. Dome light went out after 10,000 mi. Bumper finish is pealing. Now with 60,000. Transmission slips regularly. Stay far away from this lemon model and Kia, in general. Awful customer service. Never again.

KIA...Car Paint Job is a Joke
By coachshopper

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car 4 years ago; wanted a luxry car but not the price.
Saw this beauty and took it home.
Had the car a month and the paint on the front bumper started to bubble and the paint clear coat started chipping.
Took it too the dealership and was told there was nothing they could do and it was my fault.
Took it too a paint and collision shop and I was told when it bubbles it is bad paint & clear coat from Kia. Went back to talk to the manager and still refused to fix my paint.
Then the electrical need to be replaced and the fuel injectors went bad and air conditioner went out.
Stay away if you can! Kia doesn't care about your or there cars.

Make sure the paint doesnt start to peel off or the protectived sealant.