Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE!
By mailmike

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is amazing...has over 150,000 and going strong...nothing has been done. just routine maintance. I excpect to get another 100k out of it...!!! well built and amazing ride!! luxury at its best!!!! sure beats a caddy ...lol I love it...I think it all depends on the driver. if you keep it all maintained and oil changes, don't drive like your going to a fire!!! and respect the car it will respect you forever!! :-)

Favorite Features

the ride, all the bells and whistles , leather seats, everything!! gets over 30mpg on highway!!!

Suggested Improvements

clear coat could use some improvment but all cars now days have that trouble.

Stop Making the Amanti, please
By golfer775

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got stuck on vacation in Florida with less than 5,000 mi. and replaced the transmission. New transmission goes "zzzzzz" between first and second gear. Kia, from dealer to national manager, refuses to replace or fix it. Dealer says all Amanti's go "zzzzzz." Yeah, right. Engine light goes on repeatedly and have had it reset more than 8 times. Dealer won't replace sensor. Dome light went out after 10,000 mi. Bumper finish is pealing. Now with 60,000. Transmission slips regularly. Stay far away from this lemon model and Kia, in general. Awful customer service. Never again.

KIA...Car Paint Job is a Joke
By coachshopper

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car 4 years ago; wanted a luxry car but not the price. Saw this beauty and took it home. Had the car a month and the paint on the front bumper started to bubble and the paint clear coat started chipping. Took it too the dealership and was told there was nothing they could do and it was my fault. Took it too a paint and collision shop and I was told when it bubbles it is bad paint & clear coat from Kia. Went back to talk to the manager and still refused to fix my paint. Then the electrical need to be replaced and the fuel injectors went bad and air conditioner went out. Stay away if you can! Kia doesn't care about your or there cars.

Suggested Improvements

Make sure the paint doesnt start to peel off or the protectived sealant.

First car I loved
By cswartz

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had the Amanti 6 years and then had to sell. I loved that car but in the last year we put in over $3,000 for catalytic converter, some kind of band, headlights, testing, electrics and other misc. then got the news our transmission was going and another $2,500. Less than 92K miles & only 7 years old. I wanted to pay for repairs but husband told me to face the fact the car was going to nickle and dime us. I actually miss that car. For the price I originally paid, the luxury and style it provided, it couldn't be beat. This was my first foreign car, and probably the last.

Favorite Features

Luxury and comfort, felt really safe in it too.

Suggested Improvements

They don't make it any more

Beauty is only skin deep
By subwaybuff

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a piece of junk! I have had it for about 3 months and added only around 300 miles. The check engine light came on at 3 miles. dealer reset the light. Light is back on. Today (9/23/11) within 2 miles I had sudden acceleration twice . The only way I avoided an accident was to put the care in neutral. The biggest mistake I ever made. Sure it is a beauty but I can take a pig and give it a bubble bath and dress it in fancy clothes but it is still a pig. I'd unload it but I"d be upside down big time and no wheels till I pay it off

Favorite Features

A/C, Seats

Suggested Improvements

Engine, acceleration, durability