First Day
By mdfoster1 on
2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased a Used 2004 Kia Amanti in Oct 2012. I will write reviews at inspection, six months, and after one year of driving. I test drove 3 2004 Amanti cars. One with 146000 miles; One with 118000 miles; and One with 155000 miles. The base model drove like it needed an alignment-had it inspected for $100 by a kia dealership. Yes, it needed alignment, valve cover gaskets, and timing belt changed. No I didn't buy it. The 118000 miles car drove like it was on its last leg-so I didn't get it. The 155000 mile Amanti drove like it was just coming off the showroom floor. I drove it home today - 120 miles. So far it is wonderful! I love the design and comfort of this car.
Favorite Features
What I like Best = The body style is comparable with a Jaguar. The extras - heated seats and mirrors, memory seats, infinity sound system, Sunroof, huge trunk space, For all the smokers it has ashtrays built in. I got this from a small dealership which completed a full inspection and offered a three month/3000 mile powertrain waranty.
Suggested Improvements
Timing belt should not have been rubber, but the Kia Manual states it should need changing after 100000 miles so we shall see.