Used 2004 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (168 reviews )

Amazing Car. Every One Thinks I'm Driving A Jaguar
By Reese

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have no Negatives about The 2004 Amanti Kia. I love the car. It's the perfect size easy in an out. Lots of trunk space. It drives like a luxury car. Every one that has seen my car really thinks it's a Jaguar. My Friend from choir rehearsal saw my drive up an when I got out the car the first thing she said to me was, Girl what's that you rolling in. She said is that a Mercedes or a Jag. I start smiling I never said yes or no. I kept her in suspense. Until people see the back of my car that's what they think I'm Rolling in a Jag. or Mercedes. Then when they find out it's a Kia, they still don't believe it. I would Definately Recommend This Car. It's elagant stylish, you will get a lot of compliments. Keep the maintenance up to date. You got yourself a great car. Trust Me.

Overall a great car
By Nelson

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my amanti for 4 years now. I bought it with 50K miles on it and now has 125K. The car has every option available at the time, sunroof, all power, a great stereo, leather seats, etc. It runs very well and acceleration is very good for a car this size and weight (almost 5,000 lbs). You will feel secure when driving this vehicle. Its seats are extremely comfortable, front and rear. 5 adults can travel in it, very comfortable. I carry stuff all the time, I really appreciate its huge cargo trunk. Fuel economy is poor, around 14 mpg in the city, but much better on the highway, around 22. I have had to change batteries in my car every year, I still do not know why. The outside chrome trim peeled off a few months ago and the air bag light is always on, apparently this is a problem in these cars. Regular maintenance such as oil changes, filter changes, brakes, tires like any other car at regular intervals. I did have to change its mass flow sensor and front cv axle joints and engine mounts, those were a bit expensive.

Love my Amanti
By dkvia

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Amanti new in 2004. It now has 210,000 miles on it and runs great. It has been a wonderful car. Regular maintenance has kept it running perfectly. Taking it to the shop 5/2/16 to replace an engine mount - cheaper than a new car! I wish KIA was still making this car! Been looking for used Amanti with low mileage to run for another 10 years. *Since my last review, I did purchase a used Amanti with only 35,000 on it. GREAT! Such luxury! Just drove down I-95 from PA to Palm Beach - floated on the interstate! I needed to take the used KIA in for PA yearly state inspection, Went to my KIA dealership and got a loaner - A 2016 Optima - It is "junk" compared to the Amanti, What was KIA thinking by getting rid of the Amanti - They replaced it with the Cadenza, but it is way over priced and feels like the cheaper Optima. So, I have two, 2004 KIA Amanti's - one gold and one silver in my garage! They are simply wonderful cars! My son has a 2013 KIA Forte - My daughter has a 2014 KIA Sportage - but everyone still loves my Amantis!

After Inspection
By mdfoster1

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I had the Amanti go through a full used car inspection at the Kia dealership.
Cost $104.00.
Three items needed attention - Left and Right valve cover gaskets need replacing, and the rear main seal needs replacing.
Total cost for repairs by the dealership will be $1010.00.
Do I still love the car - Yes!
The leak must be a very small one because you cannot tell it has a leak by driving it and have not noticed oil leaking.
Will I get it fixed - Yes when income taxes come in next year. Can it wait til then - they said it could as long as I keep an eye on the oil level.
I paid $5000.00 for the car and NADA shows its value a little over $6000.00 so with the repair it will meet value.

First Day
By mdfoster1

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Used 2004 Kia Amanti in Oct 2012. I will write reviews at inspection, six months, and after one year of driving.

I test drove 3 2004 Amanti cars.
One with 146000 miles; One with 118000 miles; and One with 155000 miles.

The base model drove like it needed an alignment-had it inspected for $100 by a kia dealership.
Yes, it needed alignment, valve cover gaskets, and timing belt changed.
No I didn't buy it.

The 118000 miles car drove like it was on its last leg-so I didn't get it.

The 155000 mile Amanti drove like it was just coming off the showroom floor.
I drove it home today - 120 miles. So far it is wonderful!
I love the design and comfort of this car.

What I like Best = The body style is comparable with a Jaguar. The extras - heated seats and mirrors, memory seats, infinity sound system, Sunroof, huge trunk space, For all the smokers it has ashtrays built in. I got this from a small dealership which completed a full inspection and offered a three month/3000 mile powertrain waranty.

Timing belt should not have been rubber, but the Kia Manual states it should need changing after 100000 miles so we shall see.