Used 2004 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (166 reviews )

Love my Amanti
By dkvia

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Amanti new in 2004. It now has 169,000 miles on it. It has been a great car. Regular maintance has kept it running perfectly. Putting it in the shop tomorrow for a oil leak & power steering exchange, $600, cheaper than a new car. I WISH Kia was still making this car! Been looking for used Amanti with low mileage to run for another 10 years.

After Inspection
By mdfoster1

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I had the Amanti go through a full used car inspection at the Kia dealership. Cost $104.00. Three items needed attention - Left and Right valve cover gaskets need replacing, and the rear main seal needs replacing. Total cost for repairs by the dealership will be $1010.00. Do I still love the car - Yes! The leak must be a very small one because you cannot tell it has a leak by driving it and have not noticed oil leaking. Will I get it fixed - Yes when income taxes come in next year. Can it wait til then - they said it could as long as I keep an eye on the oil level. I paid $5000.00 for the car and NADA shows its value a little over $6000.00 so with the repair it will meet value.

First Day
By mdfoster1

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Used 2004 Kia Amanti in Oct 2012. I will write reviews at inspection, six months, and after one year of driving. I test drove 3 2004 Amanti cars. One with 146000 miles; One with 118000 miles; and One with 155000 miles. The base model drove like it needed an alignment-had it inspected for $100 by a kia dealership. Yes, it needed alignment, valve cover gaskets, and timing belt changed. No I didn't buy it. The 118000 miles car drove like it was on its last leg-so I didn't get it. The 155000 mile Amanti drove like it was just coming off the showroom floor. I drove it home today - 120 miles. So far it is wonderful! I love the design and comfort of this car.

Favorite Features

What I like Best = The body style is comparable with a Jaguar. The extras - heated seats and mirrors, memory seats, infinity sound system, Sunroof, huge trunk space, For all the smokers it has ashtrays built in. I got this from a small dealership which completed a full inspection and offered a three month/3000 mile powertrain waranty.

Suggested Improvements

Timing belt should not have been rubber, but the Kia Manual states it should need changing after 100000 miles so we shall see.

I Love It
By Tim P

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a Lincoln LS but after seeing this car (actually my friend T.Y. saw it 1st & pointed it out) and test driving it, I was sold. Bought it used 1-owner who took excellent care of it. I like my 1998 Mercury Sable GS better as far as smooth riding but not complaining about it. I constantly receive compliments on it from young & old.

Favorite Features

The style of it, some mistaken it for a Jaguar and others a Mercedes or Lincoln.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension and mpg.

AIR BAG PROBLEM!
By Maria

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car but have had several problems with the "AIR BAG" light coming on. It has been in the shop 4 times for this with the last time last week. They said it was due to my low battery but that yet it isn't even a year old. Well, the airbag light came on again yesterday. Very frustrating! Not too happy with service here in El Paso but cannot do much since they are the only KIA dealer. Don't want to trade it in since it is paid off and I really love my car. Has anyone else had problems with the AIRBAG light?

Favorite Features

Love everything about my except that it is black and hard to keep clean. Handles great and turns a lot of heads!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. KIA service needs improvement.