2004 Kia Amanti Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (166 reviews )
Love my Amanti
By dkvia on 04/28/13 17:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Amanti new in 2004. It now has 169,000 miles on it. It has been a great car. Regular maintance has kept it running perfectly. Putting it in the shop tomorrow for a oil leak & power steering exchange, $600, cheaper than a new car. I WISH Kia was still making this car! Been looking for used Amanti with low mileage to run for another 10 years.

After Inspection
By mdfoster1 on 11/05/12 13:40 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I had the Amanti go through a full used car inspection at the Kia dealership. Cost $104.00. Three items needed attention - Left and Right valve cover gaskets need replacing, and the rear main seal needs replacing. Total cost for repairs by the dealership will be $1010.00. Do I still love the car - Yes! The leak must be a very small one because you cannot tell it has a leak by driving it and have not noticed oil leaking. Will I get it fixed - Yes when income taxes come in next year. Can it wait til then - they said it could as long as I keep an eye on the oil level. I paid $5000.00 for the car and NADA shows its value a little over $6000.00 so with the repair it will meet value.

First Day
By mdfoster1 on 10/27/12 17:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Used 2004 Kia Amanti in Oct 2012. I will write reviews at inspection, six months, and after one year of driving. I test drove 3 2004 Amanti cars. One with 146000 miles; One with 118000 miles; and One with 155000 miles. The base model drove like it needed an alignment-had it inspected for $100 by a kia dealership. Yes, it needed alignment, valve cover gaskets, and timing belt changed. No I didn't buy it. The 118000 miles car drove like it was on its last leg-so I didn't get it. The 155000 mile Amanti drove like it was just coming off the showroom floor. I drove it home today - 120 miles. So far it is wonderful! I love the design and comfort of this car.

I Love It
By Tim P on 08/26/10 14:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a Lincoln LS but after seeing this car (actually my friend T.Y. saw it 1st & pointed it out) and test driving it, I was sold. Bought it used 1-owner who took excellent care of it. I like my 1998 Mercury Sable GS better as far as smooth riding but not complaining about it. I constantly receive compliments on it from young & old.

AIR BAG PROBLEM!
By Maria on 01/04/10 15:55 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car but have had several problems with the "AIR BAG" light coming on. It has been in the shop 4 times for this with the last time last week. They said it was due to my low battery but that yet it isn't even a year old. Well, the airbag light came on again yesterday. Very frustrating! Not too happy with service here in El Paso but cannot do much since they are the only KIA dealer. Don't want to trade it in since it is paid off and I really love my car. Has anyone else had problems with the AIRBAG light?

My Lady Pearl
By sonya on 04/28/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Luv this car, I traded my 1999 Bruick Regal for her. She has give me only one problem, the tires. She rides comfortable around the city, I am about to make 2 road trips this summer. It is the only car I have owned that I have not yet have to put in the shop for any mechanical problems.

It's the Bomb!
By Noodles on 03/07/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for almost 4 years. In town and on the road it's been nothing but comfortable, reliable, smart-looking and eye-catching. I've had lots of compliments. I've done regular maintenance and NEVER had a problem. For a 63 year old.....it's the bomb. Some have thought I was driving a Lincoln. Go ahead and think I paid 40,000,,,,,I didn't even pay half that! Before I drove only Honda Accords.

Love it, some minor annoyances
By peter j martin on 01/28/09 14:58 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it 2nd hand with 125k on it, engine light stays on, presently at dealership to have it checked. Initially mirrors did not function properly but dealership replaced the console in arm rest, ok now. Love the car, gas mileage could be better however it is a heavy car with a big v6 engine. Could have come with a compass & gps system, have added both myself, with this said it comes with everything else you could possibly need.

Amanti Lover
By OBie on 08/21/08 04:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for four years and cannot say enough good things about the Amanti. The way it looks, the way it drives, the comfort of the interior are all comparable to a luxury sedan at a more affordable price.

Rescending My Original Review
By Chris G on 06/21/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a month or two of ownership I wrote a favorable review of this car. However, 30,000 miles and 2 years later I have determined that this car is JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!! Let's run it down: Front-end suspension problems that the dealer(s) could never resolve. Car would periodically shut off while driving down the road, again, no dealer resolve. After 30,000 miles the car had problems starting. Very fragile, insecure handling. Horrible MPG - Resale, Resale, Resale