Dragon Edition Wrangler Unlimited 2014 - 5 Speed Automatic
By yellowrubi on
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I was reluctant to trade my 2012 Wrangler 2 door for the Dragon Edition but my family wanted the comfort and convenience of the 4 door and, after all, I would still have a wrangler. After a few weeks and a few hundred miles I can honestly say that it was a great decision. The ride is better than the 2 door on the highway. This Jeep has an upgraded suspension and gets more attention than even my "Crush" 2 door. The 18" wheels get lots of looks too. The creature comforts are easy to get used to and the MPG remains 22+ on my 25 mile round trip daily drive. Great room and new folding back seats are great. Of course I added my Warn winch bumper to the front.
Favorite Features
The same Jeep feel and 3.6 engine. Very good power, great ride on the highway, and MPG is a big plus 22+ on the highway or back roads (city drive drops of course). The family has space and the dog can come along now. Folding back seat headrests make the conversion to carry stuff "easy". We added the Max Tow package to get the 3.73 gears. I was a reluctant fan of this longer, bigger Wrangler but now I am completely sold. The ''glitz" of this model is not for everyone but this is a Jeep. This is my 9th Jeep and 5th Wrangler. This is the Jeep for the entire family. My wife says I can add a lift and 35's so maybe this Dragon will see the dirt and rocks later in life.
Suggested Improvements
Always improve the MPG. I hope that future Wranglers will get 25 mixed and more on the highway. This Dragon Edition has so many advanced features that there are few features to recommend unless it would be a "standard" Max Tow package that includes the 3.73 gears. Add a small lift and 35's and these Jeeps should fly off the lots.
By yogalady10
on 07/13/14 09:45 AM (PDT)

Yellowrubi, would you recommend this car for a coupe with 2 German Shepherds?