2014 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Jeep is fun stuff.
By champ306

2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am coming off owning sports cars, I really find this thing entertaining. For one it handles the road just fine, and what I mean, it eats up the crappy roads. Potholes, cracks, bridges. yes, no worry anymore. Sick of scrubbing your nose on your porsche? Buy a Jeep. Seriously, its that fun. Fun to drive, great stereo, top off fun when wanted, oh yeah and 4x4 like few others out there.

Favorite Features

top off in summer. 4x4 with locking axles. real tires from factory. Metal, yes, it has things made out of metal still. Not everything needs to be plastic. Easy service. Unique. Looks.

Suggested Improvements

None really.

After 9 months and lots of mile - thoroughly enjoying my Jeep
By Michael Buszuwski

2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I use my Wrangler as a Daily Driver and also do monthly road trips (400mi+) with the family. I have the soft top, the Willy's Wheeler Edition, and zero regrets. So many people obsess over getting a Hardtop but I recommend saving your money and just using the soft top - in 5 seconds you can retract to "sunrider mode" for sun and win, and in less than 5 minutes you can retract the top fully. The soft top is plenty warm enough for the coldest winters (I just went through one without issue) and its plenty quiet enough on the highway (I put on MANY highway miles thus far without a problem. My family and friends all want to buy a Wrangler of their own after riding mine. Great, fun vehicle.

Favorite Features

Soft top is my favorite feature - those with a hard top are missing the entire point of owning a Wrangler. Next would be the 6 speed manual transmission which makes you feel like part of the Jeep while driving. The style, functionality, and comfort of the Jeep is next. I have manual windows/locks and truly like the simplicity of that set up.

Suggested Improvements

If anything can/should be improved, I would love to get more MPG.

My 2014 Jeep Sahara
By karlw90

2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I was going to write a very detailed review, but I only have 700 characters, so here are the main points: - I drive 60+ miles every day in this Jeep and it's fine. Better than fine, as good as any mid-level SUV out there. - I got the dual top option. Do it if you live in an area like I do (Chicago) if you can afford it. The hard top is fantastic in winter, and soft top is great in summer. Switching is not the tops is really not that hard at all.

Favorite Features

- Removable doors. So much fun in warm weather. Just takes a few minutes, once you remove the torx bolts that holds the doors on, really no need never put those bolts back on. - The GPS/Radio/Satellite/etc. With that little computer screen in your console you sometimes forget you're in a Jeep, but only with the hardtop and doors on ;-) Love that I can burn CDs to the 30GB hard drive (yes I still own CDs) - Engine: so much better than the I6 I had in my 2005. - Driving around in the summer with top down and doors off, or breezing through the unpaved snowed in roads in winter with my 4x4 engaged.

Suggested Improvements

Better instructions on how to install the soft top. The owners manual was a joke. Luckily I had a 2005 Wrangler previously, so after an hour or two I figured it out on my own. Now it's a breeze (5 mins. max to put up or down the soft top).

Loving my Jeep
By 2014blackjku

2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a bare bones 6spd hardtop Wrangler Unlimited and I love it. After owning a S2000 for 10 years, I decided I needed a new vehicle for my expanding family. I wanted a convertible, I needed to seat more than 2 people and I wanted something that can get me up the hill to my house in the snow. The Jeep is the only car on the market that fits my needs. It is a rough ride, slow (especially up hills) and handles poorly but I could care less. I love how this car drives. It reminds me of driving around College in my buddy's defender.

Favorite Features

4WD - Performance in Snow Freedom Panels Availability of aftermarket parts Taking the doors off Auto headlight shutoff - remember I'm coming from an old S2000 Cheap Mopar lifetime warranty (shopped around) - I never have to worry about the engine or transmission failing. Cheap to insure Cheap to repair

Suggested Improvements

This would be my dream list of improvements for the Jeep Wrangler: Firmer Seats Better Roll Cage Less Plastic in Interior - More classic rugged styling Rear Seat Headroom Rear Seat Airbags Better MPG - I know, "don't buy a Wrangler if you care about MPG"....I'd like to save a few $ at the pump, sue me Waterproof interior

Very happy with my new Jeep
By rachaelxo

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep ever, I previously owned a 2014 Mustang so it was a big difference. The Wrangler is sporty and cute. I love a lot about it, a few cons I would say are the wind noise while driving and squeaking wind noise. The doors are very hard to close you have to slam them to get them to shut. Nothing on the dash tells me that my headlights are on, the Bluetooth often disconnects from my phone and I have to set it up again. Other than that it is great!!!!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride over bumps, sporty yet rugged.

Suggested Improvements

Doors hard to close, need something indicating my headlights are on, car is kind of all over the place in the wind and the wind is very noisy throughout the car. Gas mileage needs improvement.