2013 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: 2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

2013 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Unlimited Sahara Convertible SUV (3.6L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
By jeepola1 on

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had our Wrangler approximately a year and a half. For the record - I'm a Jeep NUT. I still have the first Jeep I ever bought new: A 86 CJ-7 Laredo. The wife and I have always had jeeps in our 25 years of marriage. Mainly Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. Reliability was always decent, except for the disc brakes, which always suffered from warped rotors. The new Wrangler was our first venture into "regular" jeeps since my '86 purchase. In a nutshell - I LOVE it. Power and handling are spot-on. It's comfortable, hard top removal and install is a cinch, and it's a blast to drive. Long term reliability remains to be seen of course (especially with the Pentestar) but for now I am sold.

Driving with top and doors of or course! NOTHING like it on the road. I'm amazed at the engineering of the hardtop - specifically the panel removal. It's brain-dead simple for removal and re-install. Love the handling, the peppy engine, and overall styling, which still remains true to the Jeep heritage in my opinion. It is by far the most-fun vehicle I have ever owned, plus it gets a TON of attention when it's cleaned up. We also have all of the bells and whistles which - for all intents and purposes - do not really add to the off-road prowess, but they certainly add to the enjoyability of every day driving.

Nit picking here but: for a $35,000 vehicle, I would think that the interior would be a little more rugged. The driver's door handle trim occasionally pops loose when the door is slammed, and the fit/fitment around the rear roll bar light terrible.