First Wrangler (2 door)
By jkmeriwether on
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
Wanted a Wrangler for a long time but didn't like the comfort in the 2012 and earlier. Also concerned about the gas mileage, being used to driving fairly economical cars. The 2013 comfort well surpassed the previous years'. The new seats are much better, though they could be a little firmer. The driving position is great for me (5'11''). I love having that higher vantage point on the road. Gas mileage is not bad. I've seen 23-24 on highway, keeping it at the speed limit. I usually drive it conservatively so my mileage is better than average I guess. I have a loaded Sport with dual top. I put the soft top on a week ago just to see what it was like, but decided to stick with the hard top.
Favorite Features
Alpine stereo, comfort/ergonomics, fun factor, option of removing freedom panels/hard top, Sirius/XM radio, big tires, ride quality/quietness, engine power.
Suggested Improvements
Don't like the difficulty in shutting the doors with the hardtop on. They shouldn't make the hardtop windows with an outside lip... seems like it would be easier to break into, though its at least a lot more secure than the soft top. Move that big silver hose (or make it black) so its not showing so obviously in the right front wheel well... looks really tacky. Flimsy stock grill. Round off the hardtop rear top edge slightly... I think it would look better. Firmer seats with lumbar adj.