2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
9th Wrangler and counting
By drdanobgyn on 06/21/13 16:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just got my 2013 Wrangler 4 days ago. Had a 2012 and it seems like a huge difference. Drove it to Wright Patterson and back this morning. All expressway and got 27.7 mpg. That's 65 almost all the way. Driving 55 is better yet. Love the new seats. Much more cushioning. Got the Alpine stereo and it's awesome. Plenty of room for me and the dog. Took the back seat out, so my next date has to ride in the back since the dog has the front.

First Wrangler (2 door)
By jkmeriwether on 05/05/13 07:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a Wrangler for a long time but didn't like the comfort in the 2012 and earlier. Also concerned about the gas mileage, being used to driving fairly economical cars. The 2013 comfort well surpassed the previous years'. The new seats are much better, though they could be a little firmer. The driving position is great for me (5'11''). I love having that higher vantage point on the road. Gas mileage is not bad. I've seen 23-24 on highway, keeping it at the speed limit. I usually drive it conservatively so my mileage is better than average I guess. I have a loaded Sport with dual top. I put the soft top on a week ago just to see what it was like, but decided to stick with the hard top.

5th Wrangler & By Far The Best!
By jeepsrfun on 04/11/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I felt I should write a review for all those considering a Wrangler. I purchased a Sport w/Auto, a fairly extensive list of options and soft top . But the best things about the 2013 version is the MUCH improved engine, the greatly improved comfort of the seats and the premium upgrade top, which is more of a fabric versus the plastic. It makes for a very quiet ride (as much as a Jeep can be.) I drive approximately 30 miles a day and it is a pleasure to drive. It will never be confused with a sedan, but it doesn't beat you up like the old Jeeps. Gas mileage is as advertised, approx 18mpg. The fun factor is great, easy to take down entire top or just flip the top over the driver area. Get one!

JEEPaholic
By 323kidd on 02/22/13 06:27 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2 door rubicon 2 months ago and have put 2500 miles on since. First time wrangler owner and I absolutely love this vehicle. I am used to driving German luxury cars with precise handling and power but I have a permanent grin when driving my ruff and tumble rubicon. My 4 year old daughter has little trouble working her way into the back seat. Do not buy one if you want fuel economy, excess room, or a smooth ride....do buy one if you seek adventure, your not afraid to get off the pavement sometimes, and you like to smile alot.

Camo Green 2013 sport-loaded Wrangler
By aba3 on 02/16/13 05:31 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were looking to replace the Mini(3rd car) As the pleasure of driving it in the warm east coast months with the top down, shifting its precise 6 speed, getting looks because charcoal and black racing stripes (totally hot car package)...was not doing it for us anymore. We wanted a reliable in -case of emrgency (snow) car. Also, something we can put the top down. The sun roof is easy and manual. Looking for just 2 weeks. We drove a 2012 and it was OK. It seemed to be missing a lot of things we've become accustomed to. Than we drove the 2013 and what a difference from the plush seats to the electric windows to the NEW great color-Commander Green.

Family Adventure Platform
By odsjk13fap on 02/14/13 05:15 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

First off it is a Jeep so the priority of being able to head off the beaten path, plow through snow, and over things have to be something at the top of your list o/w get yourself a Honda Pilot or Minivan! I have 3 x Kids (9, 7, 3) under the age of 10 and the most awesome facet of the Unlimited is the ability to host 3x Kids seats! They love it! I went on a ski trip and was able to pack for a family of five w/out putting on a cargo carrier or nothing! The Sahara Model - provides a nice balance of jeep ruggedness with creature comforts.

Modern classic
By objectively on 02/03/13 19:03 PM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We drove a 2003 Honda Pilot for the last 10 years. It was the darling of the automotive press when we bought it. So that is the yardstick. When going to test drive the Rubi, I expected it to be loud on the highway. It isn't. In fact it's pleasantly quiet, much quieter than the Pilot. Huh? Yes. Every review about Wranglers goes on and on about how crude they are. We did not find this to be true. The UConnect features work perfectly and intuitively. We're happy with the Wrangler and enjoy the fun it brings on our local trails and off road parks.

The most fun car for the money!
By bu_tu on 02/01/13 10:17 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep, 2013 Wrangler Sport with 6 speed. I have had many new cars over the years, but this one is the most fun car I have ever owned. It is a blast to drive, get 22+ mpg on the highway, fits in any parking place, have about 2000 miles on it now and am really pleased with the vehicle. Good fit and finish, hardtop makes it quiet inside. Have a convertible in the summer, something to go in the snow in the winter, and can go back country also. Nice work Jeep!

A Fantastic Blend of Capabilities
By jansah1 on 01/26/13 11:34 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first Jeep Wrangler Moab Edition, manual, premium soft top with saddle brown leather interior. I live in CT. There are no official off road trails here but Wranglers are still very popular. I love the ride more than I thought I would and its pluses outweigh any minuses. Before buying it, I read reviews where people complained about various things. To those people I'd say...drive an updated one. They've changed a lot in the last 3 years. Road noise is no more than my previous car especially with the radio on. I don't have the hard top but the premium soft top keeps out the cold as the heaters crank even at 10 degrees outside. I love having the only Moab edition in my area.

'13 Wrangler Unlimited
By breal3 on 12/25/12 13:29 PM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had probably 5 Jeeps in my life... This one is one of the best! I have almost 10,000 miles on it now and haven't had any problems at all. The build quality is equal to if not better then my previous car (Acura TSX). The new engine is perfect, I use the Jeep to tow my 20ft boat to and from the lake with no lack of power.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$130 per month*