Used 2013 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2013 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
By jeepola1

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had our Wrangler approximately a year and a half. For the record - I'm a Jeep NUT. I still have the first Jeep I ever bought new: A 86 CJ-7 Laredo. The wife and I have always had jeeps in our 25 years of marriage. Mainly Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. Reliability was always decent, except for the disc brakes, which always suffered from warped rotors. The new Wrangler was our first venture into "regular" jeeps since my '86 purchase. In a nutshell - I LOVE it. Power and handling are spot-on. It's comfortable, hard top removal and install is a cinch, and it's a blast to drive. Long term reliability remains to be seen of course (especially with the Pentestar) but for now I am sold.

Favorite Features

Driving with top and doors of or course! NOTHING like it on the road. I'm amazed at the engineering of the hardtop - specifically the panel removal. It's brain-dead simple for removal and re-install. Love the handling, the peppy engine, and overall styling, which still remains true to the Jeep heritage in my opinion. It is by far the most-fun vehicle I have ever owned, plus it gets a TON of attention when it's cleaned up. We also have all of the bells and whistles which - for all intents and purposes - do not really add to the off-road prowess, but they certainly add to the enjoyability of every day driving.

Suggested Improvements

Nit picking here but: for a $35,000 vehicle, I would think that the interior would be a little more rugged. The driver's door handle trim occasionally pops loose when the door is slammed, and the fit/fitment around the rear roll bar light terrible.

New JK Kicks [non-permissible content removed]
By rogerdl05

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned other Jeep Wranglers and this one by far has been the best! The new Pentanstar engine makes it, I have put on 33"s with a 2 inch lift and it still feels spunky when the engine decides to kick in. This vehicle is great but it is has a few things that drive me crazy.

Suggested Improvements

Well even though they upgraded the engine, there is a lag time between the time you press the accelerator and when the engine's power kicks in. I know the butterfly valve in the engine is controlled by a computer and not by a wire, those days are long gone but C'mon Jeep the lag time can be improved. The second is the top, I can't belive that Jeep has been making some form of this vehicle for over 50 years and they still cant get a top that does not leak. WTF JEEP! get your heads out of your 4 point of contact. Hey for your fanatics I know this is a Jeep. That is my only gripe, I love my truck!!!! I call it a truck because it is a truck and that's the beauty of this beast.357

Love it
By brownjeep

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Always thought a Jeep would be a cool - but was concerned about reliability. With the new V6 and other improvements I decided now was the time. Best decision ever! I love driving this Jeep and off roading in the mountains and desert of So Cal is great. I get 17-18 city and as much as 23 mpg highway if I keep it at 65. No problems or concerns to date. Currently at 6K miles.

Favorite Features

Off road capability is great of course. The look is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the soft interior materials fit. ie carpet and seat covering. Basically love it as is.

6 months. No problems. Fun to drive.
By rocket1992

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's been 6 months and about 6,000 miles and I could not be happier. During the summer with the top off it was great and very fun to drive. I've not had any problems (mechanical or otherwise) and have only paid for a couple oil changes. The little touches are nice especially in the interior: little Jeep logos, lights for the cup holders, etc. Gas mileage has been right on the mark at 17.3mpg for mostly city driving. I do wish that it came with a coin holder, but aside from this it's been a fantastic vehicle. Can't wait for the Michigan snow to fly!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Hasn't lost its Jeep heritage and capability. Manual transmission is smooth. Very comfortable front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a coin holder. Reclining back seat (sits too upright).

I'm in LOVE!!!
By donnaviolin

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler since I was 5(I am 34 now). When I bought my Honda CRV in 2010, I wanted the Jeep and everyone told me it was impractical, and I listened....but I am glad I waited until 2013, because I love the changes and I had a decent trade in with the CRV. I have a Rock Lobster color Sport with 6 speed manual and soft top. Even though I am in this Jeep for over 2 hours every day, I still find any excuse to go out and drive in it. I know, now, that I will never drive anything but a Wrangler!! And, if anyone is looking in the Northern VA area...go to Lustine Jeep in Woodbridge!!! My salesman, James, was a Jeep owner and entusiast....and he Was amazing!!!

Favorite Features

U-Connect, great sound system, 6 speed manual, nice soft top....that I take off every day!

Suggested Improvements

Improvements??....there is nothing to improve in my eyes!