Used 2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

It's a Jeep!
By Dan Ouellette

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I don't understand people who bash the Jeep saying it's not comfortable, it bounces a lot, etc... It is a JEEP people! If you want comfort, go buy something else. But just remember, whatever else you buy just isn't a Jeep! The first Jeep I drove was in the Army back in 1984. I loved that Jeep! My next Jeep was a 1965 that I bought in 1994. I loved that Jeep also. Now it is 2016 and I just bought my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. And guess what... I love this one too! I can't believe how comfortable this Jeep is. I traded in a fully-loaded Lincoln Navigator for this Jeep, and I honestly think this Jeep is more comfortable. Of course I do not like leather seats, so that might be the whole reason I like this more! It's comfortable, it drives great, it rides great, everything is right there where you need it (once you get used to the location of stuff). I have three complaints: 1) I wish it came with a standard hood lock. 2) I wish it came with standard grab bars to haul your butt into the seat. 3) I wish the wind noise wasn't so loud. Other than those three things, my Jeep is perfect!

Wranglewr review
By VINCENT Lombardo

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Not a great family car. More of a single man or woman's car. Good for commuting or off roading.Good winter driving car. Good for long trips. Sport model doesn't have a lot of electronic gizmos, so there is less to go wrong. There are tons of after market parts you can put on these, to dress it up. An all around fun vehicle.

You get what you see
By Jeef L

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have the 10th anniversary Rubicon and I love it. If you're looking for a great jeep, this is it! If you're looking for a comfortable SUV, move on. This is a rugged, mountain climber and it rocks with the lid off.
You get what you see

Problems Overblown
By frank

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

To the consumer report devotees, the Wrangler is a really great vehicle. I've wanted one forever( and considering I'm on S.S., it is) and glad I bought a 2013 Unlimited Sport in 2012.
It has given me 25,000 trouble free miles. Not a single rattle ! Maybe because it's stock or because I don't beat on it like a juvenile - this is a very liveable day in and day out vehicle. Have driven it 400 miles in one day without fatigue and it handles just fine. The only times things get a bit rough are when the road traveled has frost heaves ,dips, etc. My 1991 Jimmy 4x4 road worse .
I could use a bit more room( gave up a 12 year Odyssey for this), but no regrets. And, along with the great resale value , I'm driving a vehicle that always looks current ( with other Wranglers). When I decide to drop the top, it requires several minutes, but no biggie. Cool. Many friendly waves from other Wrangler drivers. The last time that happened is when I drove a Vette back in the 70s.
The only improvement I'd like to see on the restyled 2018 is a hatch glass for the softtop . The aftermarket has already done this, but my top is like new .

Great Fun!
By Jason

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2013 Jeep JKU new and currently have 40000 on the clock. Only a couple of warranty issues, other than that the Jeeps been outstanding. This is a fun vehicle to drive. We take it everywhere and leave the Honda Acccord in the garage. I look forward to climbing into to it every morning.

Bottom line, if you want a fun vehicle that can tackle the tough stuff and still look buttoned down for a night out or at the office, get one!