Used 2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

So far so good
By Aaron K

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great vehicle so far. Closing in on 50K miles and the original tires still look pretty good, 17" all terrain. No problems whatsoever. The last new Wrangler we had before this one developed front suspension troubles around this time but I am not seeing anything like that with this one. The black paint on the plastic roof top scratches easily is about the only nit I can pick. Would be nice to have some standard cradle or something you can attach the tops to in the storage area. Mileage is not the greatest. My crew cab Silverado 4x4 5.3 liter gets almost the same; 16-21 mpg in mixed driving. Still, I Love this Jeep!

I got a lemon.
By Gayle Weathers

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

50K on 4th set of tires. Airbag light on all the time.Check engine light stays on. 11 mpg. Rides terrible.Ask Dealer for help said no.Ask Jeep for another Jeep no response.Also the A.C.quits.2013 with only 50K these problems started when it was new.CD player eats CDS.

None. I am so unhappy I can think of nothing I like

Give me a new Jeep.

Jeep doesn't stand behind product
By cleveintn

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Wrangler. So, I have been a big fan for a long time. This is my nicest Wrangler yet, but sadly, my LAST. I was driving down the interstate and heard a rattle. My wheel fender had come loose i.e. the plastic clips holding it together had broken. I take it to the dealer (still under 3yr/36k bumper to bumper) and, they tell me they have to get it approved. That should have been my first warning. After I don't hear from them for two weeks I call and get denied. They say its not a warranty item....guess bumper to bumper is just an expression. To call this vehicle trail worthy ha! maybe after you get aftermarket parts! 2 recalls and 2 warranty visits in one year of ownership!!!

Look, engine much better than last

Jeep needs to stand behind their product. If you are going to put your product together with plastic clips, you are going to have problems.

From Sales to Support Dodge Chrysler Jeep NIghtmare
By zamarrda

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2013 Wrangler. Was very excited. Loved Jeeps, not anymore. Electronic Stability Control went out on me 3 times("and fixed") on the freeway. Went into Limp mode(kills the engine) and was almost run over by a Big Rig. Chrysler willing to do nothing. Had to get a lawyer and lemon law it. Worst company and service EVER. Jeep are iconic and I know thay are appealing BUT they are not run by the same people anymore AND the service is on par with cable companies. Be very careful. ruined my summer and almost killed my family.

Fun, its a jeep..you know why you are buying it obviously, but when it kills itself ont he freeway at random and 4 different dealers tell you they "fixed" it start worrying more about your life then the fun you are having.

Hire qualified technician staff(these guys are not mechanics anymore--they plug things into a sensor array and do what the computer tells them to), revamp you customer retention and service staff, sell the company, make cares that run. When someone almost dies on one of your vehicles 4 times because you tell them its safe take accountability for your product--that would be a good start

a timeless classic
By britqueen

2013 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for a year without any problems and it's been a fun to drive. I wish it had keyless start and the upgraded infotainment system they put in the new Jeep Grand Cherokees. Otherwise, I love the off road capabilities and the after market modifications that can be done. I plan to own this vehicle for many, many years and so far no major problems at all!

Keyless entry and start Upgraded infotainment